PDA

View Full Version : Using Disney Gift Cards??

photos_101
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Is there anything/anyplace that you know of that you CAN NOT use the disney gift cards on at Disney World. I seemed to have acquired alot of them.:cooldance: But I was wanting a 'heads up' on where/what I can use them on at disneyworld before we get there? I know I probably should have all the final plans and expenses already figured out but the closer it gets the more nervous I am about not having enough cash with us. (We will have CC and Debit Cards but will only use those if necessary). Thanks for your help!

mollyeilis
06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I might be wrong, this is info gleaned from reading other messages, but I've read that you can't use them at the stand-alone food carts, the ones that don't take credit cards, b/c they aren't hooked up to the system.

jnorth1007
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I agree with what she said. I also know that there are a some of the non-Disney owned resteraunts in DD that dont take them.

sammielynn
06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I was able to use one at an ice cream stand in Animal Kingdom(it was just by the bridge), but you may not be able to use them at all of them. I even used mine at the Disney Outlet.

linanglab
06-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I am planning on using ours at almost EVERY place. Between SR and some other reward sites and my Disney Visa rewards, I have almost $1900 for our 11 days. That will be plenty! My DH says we are going to eat well! But with me being stricken with frugality, I will still order the double cheesburger with an extra bun....

Angela

sammielynn
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I am planning on using ours at almost EVERY place. Between SR and some other reward sites and my Disney Visa rewards, I have almost $1900 for our 11 days. That will be plenty! My DH says we are going to eat well! But with me being stricken with frugality, I will still order the double cheesburger with an extra bun....

Angela

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
To funny, have a wonderful time and order two cheeseburgers for once!

m 'n c
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I think its just a few random carts here and there and then the people selling trinkets before fantasmic and the parades.

dmarino
07-01-2007, 04:37 PM
There are some food carts in the parks that are cash only. Be prepared for that. When we were at Epcot in Jan., my husband had his heart set on a funnel cake from the stand in front of "America." He was inconsolable when he realized they only took cash (not even your Disney hotel room/charge key will work). We weren't carying any cash because number one, we never do and because we thought we could use our room key for ALL purchases inside Disney property. Seriously, we trudged all over Epcot trying to find something similar to replace the funnel cake. We wound up at the bakery in "France," but hubby was not thrilled with the replacement pastry:( Lesson learned!

Also, what someone earlier said is true...there are some non-Disney-owned restaurants on property that won't take the GCs. Not sure which ones they all are, but be prepared for that too.

Other than those two things, you should be good to go!

bartleby1
07-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Do the cash only stand alone carts take disney dollars? I would think they do, but want to make sure. I've saved up around $225 in disney dollars to use at the places that don't take gift cards. How about the people selling the light up toys and spinners for the night shows? Do you all think they take disney dollars?

3dog2kidmom
07-01-2007, 07:34 PM
There are some food carts in the parks that are cash only. Be prepared for that. When we were at Epcot in Jan., my husband had his heart set on a funnel cake from the stand in front of "America." He was inconsolable when he realized they only took cash (not even your Disney hotel room/charge key will work). We weren't carying any cash because number one, we never do and because we thought we could use our room key for ALL purchases inside Disney property.

Oh this happened to us in January. I was SOOOO disappointed we couldn't get a funnel cake :(

Here is one place you can't use a Disney gift card.... the McDonald's at the MCO airport, LOL!! I hadn't used cash or my credit card the whole trip and when I pulled out my wallet to pay for dd's dinner before our return flight I had to really dig. :rotfl:

2mickeys1minnie
07-02-2007, 11:03 AM
What is the difference between the disney dollars and the gift cards exactly?

jnorth1007
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
With DIsney Dollars you get cash change back. They are actually little dollars with pictures of characters on them. They come in different denominations. GC are actually GC and they can be loaded with different amounts on them. You MAY be able to reload them also, Im not sure but I think I heard that. They are both taken most anywhere in WDW and at the Disneystore.

jctimon
07-08-2007, 08:30 PM
Disney Dollars do make great keepsakes too & are awesome for rewards pre-trip for kids. They really get them in the mood! But they are just like cash.

Mom2aPrincess
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Disney Dollars do make great keepsakes too & are awesome for rewards pre-trip for kids. They really get them in the mood! But they are just like cash.

yep!! my daughter earns Disney Dollars for her chores...the toothfairy brings disney dollars...santa puts them in stockings.... Then I'm going to let her use them to buy SOME of those souveniors that I consider JUNK!!! :)

They are a great incentive! She's MUCh more motivated to earn disney dollars that real American currency...:rotfl:

jacaluho
07-17-2007, 09:12 AM
So can you use DD when it is cash only since you get cash back? :confused:

m 'n c
07-17-2007, 09:18 AM
So can you use DD when it is cash only since you get cash back? :confused:

Yes since it acts the same as cash and no card reader is needed.

jacaluho
07-17-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks! We have all these gift cards to use, now I am thinking maybe we should get a few more DD instead of more gc.