PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to Disneyland...

MrsWonka
06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
So I just decided that I need a trip to my favorite place:party:...I am thinking I want to go for the whole week of Thanksgiving next year (yes, 2009). But my biggest questions are...
1. Is the park super crowded the whole week?
2. When do the Christmas decorations go up?
3. Are there places for Thanksgiving dinner in/near the park?
We have a timeshare, so unfortunately we are going to have to stay there (I really want to do an on property resort, but finances won't allow that)...
Any other suggestions...

TIA

DisneyMa
06-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Mrs. Wonka!! We live so close we should feel like locals:rotfl:

On to your questions:
Um, I haven't gone for Thanksgiving, but I know the Christmas decorations start in November (the first two weeks) I'm not sure of crowds, but I know there are turkey dinners in the park (I can't remember where?)

We go for Halloween, so any fall decoration questions I can answer!!:D

Congrats on your upcoming trip.:banana:

disneyforever
06-24-2008, 07:46 PM
First of all congratulations on going - even if it is a ways away! :cooldance:

I have been twice over Thanksgiving holiday. The last time was about three years ago. We were there for 6 days. The parks were empty (we just walked onto the rides) until Thursday - Thanksgiving day. That day was crowded, as was Friday and Saturday (figure 45 min - 1 hour line waits for big rides). But even with all the people there, it was no where near as crowded as being there during summer or spring break. I will never go back during either of those times. 2+ hour line waits for rides is definitely not for me.

I don't know about places for dinner. We either eat in the park or at our timeshare - cooking our own meals.

The christmas decorations will be up by the time you are there. :xmascheers:

Have fun!

m 'n c
06-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Never been to Disneyland but it sounds like so much fun.

Mandi
06-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Yay for a Disneyland trip! :cooldance:

Yes, it'll be very crowded. Well I guess crowded is a relative term, but IMO it's extremely crowded then. It'll be busy the whole week, with substantial increase in crowds Thanksgiving day through Sunday, of course. But if you utilize fastpasses and maximize your time, you'll be totally fine. :)

Decorations start going up the day after Halloween and are usually completely up by Veteran's Day. The holiday decorations at DLR are just breathtaking, so you're picking a fabulous time to go. Plus you'll get the holiday fireworks and parades. (I'm jealous!)

A lot of the restaurants do a T-giving meal. I know Storytellers, Goofy's and a bunch of the others do for sure off hand. But who knows who all will offer a meal more than a year out. I don't think you'll have any issues getting a turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, though. :) If nothing else, you can always eat at Millie's or Mimi's. I know they have traditional turkey meals.

linanglab
06-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Have always wanted to go to Disneyland! Lucky you! Just plan on taking lots of pictures and writing down things that you do, so you can make up a report on your return! You know us Disney SR'ers LOVE trip reports! The next best thing to planning and being there!

MrsWonka
06-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I got DH on board last night along with my best friend, her DH and our 3 kids. The boys will be 27 months and 34 months at that time (just over 2 and under 3), so I bet they will love it. I have always wanted to see the decorations for Christmas. Although the other adults have decided we will do the "City Pass" which has 3 days at DL/DCA, 1 day at the San Diego Zoo, 1 day at Sea World and 1 day at Universal Studios. So, we will do the early part of the week at DL and the latter part at the other parks.

DisneyMa
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Thanks everyone. I got DH on board last night along with my best friend, her DH and our 3 kids. The boys will be 27 months and 34 months at that time (just over 2 and under 3), so I bet they will love it. I have always wanted to see the decorations for Christmas. Although the other adults have decided we will do the "City Pass" which has 3 days at DL/DCA, 1 day at the San Diego Zoo, 1 day at Sea World and 1 day at Universal Studios. So, we will do the early part of the week at DL and the latter part at the other parks.

Are you a member of a certain big box store? I know they sell that at my local one. I'm not sure what the prices are. At least you don't have to pay for the kids under 3.:D

Mandi
06-25-2008, 12:37 PM
Costco sells the city passes if you have a membership there too. I don't recall exactly how much cheaper they are, but I know there is some savings. :)

DisneyMa
06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Costco sells the city passes if you have a membership there too. I don't recall exactly how much cheaper they are, but I know there is some savings. :)

That's what I was referring to, but I wasn't sure I could say the name of the store:blush:

MrsWonka
06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Are you a member of a certain big box store? I know they sell that at my local one. I'm not sure what the prices are. At least you don't have to pay for the kids under 3.:D

I am an executive member of said store. I will get 2% back on my ticket purchase!!:clap::clap: I wish that store was an affiliate...I spend too much there.

DisneyMa
06-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I am an executive member of said store. I will get 2% back on my ticket purchase!!:clap::clap: I wish that store was an affiliate...I spend too much there.

Executive member here too:D I think it's worth the membership just for the gas!! Right now they are doing 3% back w/ your Amex card.

I'll have to check on the tickets there for our next trip. I don't think there is an SR merchant that we can buy Disneyland tickets at?

MrsWonka
06-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I just checked online, the 2008 ones are about $210 adult and $175 kids 3-9. Too bad DD is going to be 12 almost 13 (gasp) at that time. Our last trip was the weekend before she turned 10 so that she was still a kid.

gpp2001
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Just got back from DL - spent two days - so if you have any questions regarding the parks - I can answer them. Haven't been the week of Thanksgiving though - so not much help.

You will have a fantastic time - we did!!