PDA

View Full Version : Shopping for shoes

marcymajor
06-25-2008, 06:35 PM
i have never bought shoes online and i would love some guidance. i know sr has a lot of shoe sites to choose from but who would you recommend. are their shoes good quality, what are their return policies, how do i know if they will fit my foot (i wear a size 6 1/2 sandal)? any help with any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

StitchandPooh'smom
06-25-2008, 06:52 PM
I usually buy from Shoebuy, but I also like Zappos (have not used them since they became an SR merchant) and have used shoes.com once. They all carry name brands that you would find in your local store, so you can either shop locally then order through SR, or do what my DH does, which is buy something that looks good, then figure out when it arrives if he likes it. They have free shipping and free returns if the shoes do not work out. The selection varies from site to site, so if you are looking for a particular shoe, you can see who has the best price, coupons, and cash back. Happy shopping!

bbangel
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
check out other users reviews of the shoes as well because most of them have a space for info about fitting true to size that can help.
I tend to order shoes I already have or have tried on that I know fit rather than deal with a new style.

JillyFish
06-25-2008, 07:16 PM
SHOEBUY, SHOEBUY, SHOEBUY!!!!!!

FREE shipping, FREE return shipping, at least 10% off, and 11% back from SR!!!!

And if you're worried....returns are SUPER easy!!! Just print out a a UPS return label, slap it on your box, and drop it off at your nearest UPS pick-up.

Even though I've had to return a few pairs, I would still say that I have had nothing but positive experiences with Shoebuy!!!

jnorth1007
06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I will admit it. I am a shoebuy addict. Oh wait you guys knew that! LOL I just bought two more pairs for myself last week. You really can't lose. Worse that happens you have to drop them at the UPS store and send back for a credit.

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Another shoebuy addict here. The key is to familarize yourself with the brands they carry and then buy accordingly. For example Shoebuy carries many many brands but I love Addidas and Jessica Simpson shoes. What I tend to do is look for the style I already have (in different colors/patterns) and buy my size that way. But as many people have already said most of these places have free shipping both ways and no tax so you can't go wrong ordering and returning if they don't fit.

mollyeilis
06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I've also used Payless and Famous Footwear. Those are especially convenient if you have one nearby, b/c you can run in and try things on, then run home and order them. And with Payless you get SR credit with the store-delivery, which is cool. But those only really help, with gas as high as it is right now, if you have a store very close by.

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I've also used Payless and Famous Footwear. Those are especially convenient if you have one nearby, b/c you can run in and try things on, then run home and order them. And with Payless you get SR credit with the store-delivery, which is cool. But those only really help, with gas as high as it is right now, if you have a store very close by.

Oh I so do that. I walk into the higher end stores, try on the higher end designers and write my sizes down and then either come buy them from SR on sale or hit up ebay. :)

askomsky
06-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi my name is April and I'm a shoebuy addict! lol

Like everyone else said they have good prices, great % back, free shipping both ways and no tax. The one pair I had to return for DS I called and they emailed me a return shipping label. Put it back in the original box slapped it on and dropped it off at the post office. Easy as pie!

mjg74
06-25-2008, 09:10 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE shoebuy! I have had to return something, but it wasnt their fault, I ordered the wrong size LOL

I just placed a pretty big order this morning, and half of it has already shipped! :cooldance:

mdapiggy
06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Another Shoebuy addict here--My DS has very wide feet and the only shoes that fit him are ECCO which Shoebuy has and the return policy is excellent. I recently called because I hadn't received credit for a pair of shoes I returned and the credited me that same day. Excellent customer service.