PDA

View Full Version : Prices dropped on my flight!

mom2ian
06-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Woo hoo! Southwest added their flights until January today so I checked out their prices for our December WDW trip. The price on their nonstop was less than any other flights I had been looking at so I was happy, but decided that while I was at it I would go ahead and hit Orbitz to see what they had to offer and Delta's flights were down to $292! That is saving over $60/person compared to the next lowest prices. It is a red-eye which I didn't really want with 1 stop, but we can make it work to save that much. My target price was $350 or less/person (so I could use my Capital One miles LOL).

My mom is checking to see which dates she can get at her timeshare before I book the flights. I told her to hurry since they were selling out as I was watching. By the time I compared prices and clicked one, it told me that price was no longer available, refreshed the page and half of the flights went up to $375!

schaery
06-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I hope you get the flights you want at that good price. Fares from AL to Orlando have almost tripled. I tried to make ressie while prices were still low (a month or so ago) but they said it was too early. Looks like I'll be driving in Dec. It's not the driving part I have trouble with....it's the staying awake while driving for 9 hours that I have trouble with.

mom2ian
06-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes, I've been there with the driving. When we lived in MI, we always drove to WDW. We're spoiled living in Vegas and having only a 4 hr drive to DL. But this year we're making the big trip since we haven't been on a real WDW trip since our honeymoon 12 years ago.

I got the tickets today and got an even better deal than I found yesterday, Travelocity had the nonstop USAirways flights down to $299 (I saw them for $475 before) so I booked those. You can't even get them straight from USAirways, their website says the outbound flight is sold out.

SunshineGirl
06-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks for posting this! Our tickets to Orlando in October dropped by over $20 each so I have a southwest credit now for $100!!

schaery
06-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Just saw in the news that Delta has just dropped 5400 seats per day to Orlando. Guess that'll make it harder to get good dates and times with the other airlines. AirTran won't allow ressie for Dec. until August. No telling how much tickets will be by then. I'm just planning on driving for now. Last year, round trip gas cost about $200, and it's almost doubled now, but 2 roundtrip tickets will cost me about $700 at today's prices so I'd just better stock up on the NoDoz. Well, my 17yo DD can drive but I don't know if I could take a nap while she's driving. :eek:

mom2ian
06-28-2008, 02:53 AM
Thanks for posting this! Our tickets to Orlando in October dropped by over $20 each so I have a southwest credit now for $100!!

:clap: :clap: I'm glad it was helpful info! I love finding deals and I was certainly surprised to see the rates go down.

schaery
06-28-2008, 07:08 PM
By the way, for those of you who haven't gotten airline tickets yet, try www.allegiantair.com. They provide the only nonstop flights from my area, and are the least expensive, although I'd have to drive 45 minutes to another city to use that airline. I'm tempted to book flights but with 2 tickets, I'm still looking at less expensive to drive. I want all the Disney shopping $$ I can get. And besides, last year, DH and I rented a Dodge Magnum to drive down there and filled the whole back section up with Disney stuff. Don't know if I could stand having to pick stuff to buy that will fit in a suitcase. Flew to MT several years ago, and not thinking about getting them back, I bought two big glass vases that hang on the wall. Cost me a fortune to ship them home.