PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

LyndaM
06-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi, I'm Lynda. I've been hanging around about a month, but finally decided to jump in and introduce myself.

To help you get to know me, and what I'm doing here, let me start by saying I am one of the world's worst secret keepers, and now I have a BIG one I have to keep until Christmas.

Here' s the deal: every year or two my extended family gets together and we go on a cruise together. This time, we're leaving from Pt. Canaveral for a 4-day Bahamas cruise on 12/30/07. Everyone knows about this, so it's not a secret. Pretty exciting, anyway!

Because of the cruise (very expensive over New Year) I have told the kids we have to scale back on Christmas this year. (We normally go all out.) Then, I had this great idea, since we'll be off work and school from Christmas 'til after the cruise, and since we'll be going to Florida anyway...

I booked a surprise Walt Disney World vacation for the kids. They are 10 and 11 and we haven't been to WDW since they were babies, they don't even really remember. So, we'll do WDW from 12/27 - 12/30 then drive on over to Pt. Canaveral for the cruise. I know it's not a lot of time and that it will probably be super crowded, but we'll try to have fun anyway!

Whew - it's fun to get this off my chest. DH knows, but he doesn't get nearly as excited as me, and I'm scared to tell too many other people because I don't want someone to "slip" and let the kids find out.

Hope you'll keep my secret!:rotfl:

kimntrent
06-26-2007, 01:08 AM
I promise I won't tell your kids. That is great.
________
PRILOSEC SIDE EFFECTS (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/prilosec/)

SunshineGirl
06-26-2007, 08:53 AM
That is so exciting!!!!

One of the best things about this board is that we can share our Disney secrets with each other so that we don't burst with excitement and spill the beans to our families. You'll actually see a number of people on here keeping big Disney secrets.

Of course, it doesn't work for me. LOL! This is about the WORST place I could post a secret!

mommommouse
06-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Lynda,
Your going to have soooooooooooooo much fun. The cruise is the best thing ever. The kids are going to be thrilled. The surprise is going to blow them away. Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Debbie

sunshinecindy
06-28-2007, 09:13 PM
That is so exciting!!!!

One of the best things about this board is that we can share our Disney secrets with each other so that we don't burst with excitement and spill the beans to our families. You'll actually see a number of people on here keeping big Disney secrets.

Of course, it doesn't work for me. LOL! This is about the WORST place I could post a secret!

Hey Sunshineguy, I think shes making fun of us.

spring
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi, all,

I've been around just 2 1/2 weeks. My daughter recommended this site, and so far, I'm having a good time. I've already amassed over $25 in rewards. Life is good!:sunshine:

bs4free
08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Woot! Welcome, Great Surprise Trip! I know you will have a great Time, and lots of fun at disney and the cruise!

DisneyMa
08-10-2007, 07:55 PM
:welcome: welcome to SR

arob414
08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
I promise I won't tell either. At least not your kids. I think that is a great idea. And, Welcome!! Woot! Bryan, did I use this right?

bs4free
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I promise I won't tell either. At least not your kids. I think that is a great idea. And, Welcome!! Woot! Bryan, did I use this right?

Yes you used it right! There is almost no Wrong way to use WOOT! its a word to express an emotion for which you dont know or want to type out or explain, so in other words just WOOT! away

BTW are you fitting in a MVMCP? as well!

tommygirl79
08-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Welcome!!! Your trip sounds amazing!!! Good luck on keeping the secret!! It will be worth it for sure!!! :minnie: :mickey: