PDA

View Full Version : Shoebuy.com

saige023
06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Is anyone else having a problem getting credit through shorbuy.com? I have placed numerous orders with them the past few months, I have gotten credit until recently. I places and order on 5/24 and it does not even show pending (I did place a trouble ticket for this one) and then I placed another order on 6/19 (I do not have a pending for this one either) I do not want to keep filling trouble tickets and bothering Tricia if she is having problems with the merchant. I am asking this also because I would like to place another order this morning but do not want to bother with them if it is going to be a hassle.

Thanks to anyone that could give me some insight into the situation,

Sommer

jnorth1007
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I have had some problems lately with them crediting but we thought that perhaps it could be because I use the bill me later function. Do you also use that?

saige023
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
No I always pay by credit card. I have never used the bill me later function.

jnorth1007
06-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Well then maybe its not me LOL I have had 5 orders in 2 months not credit and had to file trouble tickets. Im not sure if it is on my (and your) end that the trouble is coming from but maybe Tricia can look into it and see where the problems are coming from. I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shoebuy and I probably would've placed many more orders with them but I was waiting for 2 to clear through trouble tickets. Im sure Tricia will let us know something.

saige023
06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Well I feel a little better now that I know that I am not on my own with not getting the credits. And I also LOVE shoebuy. And hopefully Tricia can save the day as usuall and at least get us some kind of answer.

Thanks,
Sommer

SunshineGirl
06-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Janet--We were supposed to get credit for yours. She emailed me and told me that she would add it, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll get back with her.

We have lost all of the other disputes that we filed in the last couple of weeks. The biggest reason is that people are using unauthorized coupon codes. I don't know if they are getting them from other sites or from emails sent directly from Shoebuy.com. But they are very strict. If you use ANY promo or coupon codes that are not listed on our site, you will not get credit.

saige023
06-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Sunshinegirl, thanks for the quick reply and what is considered an unauthorized code? I have used a code from msn, does that count as unauthorized?

Thanks,
Sommer

jnorth1007
Did she give you any indication of why mine might not be automatically crediting? I would love to make another order but I hate that I have to keep bothering you with trouble tickets. If I knew what the problem was I could make the change. Does she indicate that the bill me later has anything to do with it?

jnorth1007
Sunshinegirl, thanks for the quick reply and what is considered an unauthorized code? I have used a code from msn, does that count as unauthorized?

Thanks,
Sommer

Yes that is unauthorized. The only codes you can use right now are the one on SR for 10% off and the 10.00 off they give you for being a member of shoebuy. HTH!

SunshineGirl
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Did she give you any indication of why mine might not be automatically crediting? I would love to make another order but I hate that I have to keep bothering you with trouble tickets. If I knew what the problem was I could make the change. Does she indicate that the bill me later has anything to do with it?

She didn't say. The strange thing is that they are actually asking us to promote the Bill Me Later.

saige023
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Janet, thanks for the reply but why is the msn code considered unauthorized? It is a legitimate code and this must be a new policy and is this the same policy for all shopping sites?

Thanks,
Sommer

~Kathie
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
The MSN code is an authorized code for shopping directly on shoebuy.

The MSN code is unauthorized for shopping through SR because it is an MSN cose and not an SR code.

It's confusing. Shopping sites will negotiate different advertising deals to places like MSN and rewards sites to get people to shop throguh their sites. And codes may differ from one rewards site to another.

They are usually not interchangable. You have to find the best deal that works for you. If you want the $10 off......you won't get the SR rewards. If you want the SR Rewards.....you can't use the $10 off coupon.

HTH

speechteachri
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
The MSN code is an authorized code for shopping directly on shoebuy.

The MSN code is unauthorized for shopping through SR because it is an MSN cose and not an SR code.

It's confusing. Shopping sites will negotiate different advertising deals to places like MSN and rewards sites to get people to shop throguh their sites. And codes may differ from one rewards site to another.

They are usually not interchangable. You have to find the best deal that works for you. If you want the $10 off......you won't get the SR rewards. If you want the SR Rewards.....you can't use the $10 off coupon.

HTH

It does kind of stink, but I understand why the companies do this. I have placed several orders with shoebuy.com recently, and unfortunately, It did not benefit me to go through SR. I would have liked getting the credit here, but maybe next time. i always check to see what the shopping sites offer in addition to the % back through SR. I would prefer to go through SR to give Tricia the credit, but it doesn't always work out.

jnorth1007
06-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I have found that with 10% off and the 10.00 off plus the 11% back and I really can't beat going through SR. Maybe because I order enough for the 10% to end up being as much as 10.00??? LOL

jnorth1007
06-26-2007, 12:45 PM
She didn't say. The strange thing is that they are actually asking us to promote the Bill Me Later.

I actually love the bill me later. I pay it every month so I dont have any interest. I dont have to put a credit card number out there. It is as easy as just clicking the button every time no filling in all the information. It doesnt show up as credit on my credit report like my credit cards do.

mollyeilis
06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
And they won't let you use the SR code if you pay with gift cert. I didn't really expect them too, but it was still annoying to see the info in red letters telling me I couldn't. :)

Still got the "intrinsic" 10% off for being a returning customer, but not the sunshine code 10%. And I don't know if I'll get SR % back.

But my FIRST purchase through them went perfectly, with credit pending before the shoes had even arrived!

~Kathie
06-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I have found that with 10% off and the 10.00 off plus the 11% back and I really can't beat going through SR. Maybe because I order enough for the 10% to end up being as much as 10.00??? LOL

Geesh Janet.....you must be rolling in shoes!!! :rotfl:

It does kind of stink, but I understand why the companies do this. I have placed several orders with shoebuy.com recently, and unfortunately, It did not benefit me to go through SR. I would have liked getting the credit here, but maybe next time. i always check to see what the shopping sites offer in addition to the % back through SR. I would prefer to go through SR to give Tricia the credit, but it doesn't always work out.

Sometimes you have to go where the best deal is and do what works for you.