PDA

View Full Version : This time, tears of joy!

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
This site has caused more tears than I every thought possible. My girls just received a wonderful package from Jen and her husband. They sent us patches from the man's uniform!!!! :cry: That was the most sentimental and touching gesture ever. Okay, a little back history. When Jen's husband got hurt awhile back, my girls wanted to send him something, so we did. But I would have never imagined such a heartfelt gift in return.

Jen turned the patches into magnets and right now they're both on our fridge.
They say, St. Paul Police. And, sneaky, sneaky sneaky also sent them a St. Paul Police T-Shirt. Last week, she was asking what size to send a four year old. Ha, I never would have thought she was sending them to me!

And I thought I was sentimental! Patches from your own uniform! :cry:

Oh, and everyone that knows Jen knows that she also sent a little Disney magic.
We can't thank you enough, Jen!

Last week it was the candle burning in my name. The week before a beautiful inspirational card from ~Kathie and Sunni. And last month birthday surprises from April and Angela! :cry:

Needless to say, my entire family knows about each and everyone of you!

I've been preparing a letter to send to my favorite talk show host to tell them about this place called Sunshine Rewards and now my letter has just gotten longer! :D

disney_girl
06-27-2008, 04:06 PM
That's so awesome Jen! And you are very deserving Lisa! Enjoy the :sunshine:!

SunshineGirl
06-27-2008, 04:13 PM
I totally love the trickery on the shirt sizes!!! That was awesome.

What a fun way to end a Friday. I always like that Fridays are more "social" days on here and less about business. This is a perfect way to start the weekend. :)

Magical JenK
06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
You're welcome!!

:pSneaky, sneaky! Yep! That's me!!:p Steve was like how do you know what size to get them & I said, "their mom just told me!" He said, "did you tell her?" I said, "nope, I was sneaky!!":angel:

Other than the Disney stickers, everything was Steve's idea. My turn for the back story, Lisa & her husband sent Steve (& me too) Blockbuster & Starbucks gift cards to use while he was off work! THEN...there were two one dollar bills...those were from Blessing & Miracle! They wanted to give him something of theirs!! How sweet is that? :cry: Steve was so touched by their thoughts, gifts & prayers that he wanted to send a little thank you.

Now that he's back to work full-time (as of last week), he went to the Police Store & got the girls some tshirts & wanted to give Lisa & her husband the patches.

I love our SR family & while Steve still does make fun of me being on here so much, I know he is very appreicative as well!!

askomsky
06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Ok thank you for making me cry!!!!!!!!!
That was SOOOOOOOO thoughtful of BOTH of you! You both deserve the awards you have and many more!!!!!

Ok Jen you were sneaky with the tshirt size.... You got us on that one.

I agree with Tricia, what a way to start the weekend!

:hugs:

Iteach
06-27-2008, 04:53 PM
How wonderful is all of this!!! Jen, Steve, Lisa and your family, all deserve BIG:hugs: and lots of :sunshine: in each and everyday! You all truly make a difference! Thanks for sharing your stories and have a great weekend!

Iteach
06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
This site has caused more tears than I every thought possible. My girls just received a wonderful package from Jen and her husband. They sent us patches from the man's uniform!!!! :cry: That was the most sentimental and touching gesture ever. Okay, a little back history. When Jen's husband got hurt awhile back, my girls wanted to send him something, so we did. But I would have never imagined such a heartfelt gift in return.

Jen turned the patches into magnets and right now they're both on our fridge.
They say, St. Paul Police. And, sneaky, sneaky sneaky also sent them a St. Paul Police T-Shirt. Last week, she was asking what size to send a four year old. Ha, I never would have thought she was sending them to me!

And I thought I was sentimental! Patches from your own uniform! :cry:

Oh, and everyone that knows Jen knows that she also sent a little Disney magic.
We can't thank you enough, Jen!

Last week it was the candle burning in my name. The week before a beautiful inspirational card from ~Kathie and Sunni. And last month birthday surprises from April and Angela! :cry:

Needless to say, my entire family knows about each and everyone of you!

I've been preparing a letter to send to my favorite talk show host to tell them about this place called Sunshine Rewards and now my letter has just gotten longer! :D

Oh, Lisa, I hope your favorite talk show host is my favorite too!:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
You know, when I apply for merchants and have to explain what we do here, I can't say that we are a rewards shopping site, instead, i tell them we are a community and invite them to read our forum. This is one of the posts I would like them to read.

jenvance
06-27-2008, 05:17 PM
That is awesome and so thoughtful of both of you. I am sure you both deserve it very much!!

DisneyMa
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
How sweet! I am constantly amazing at the kindness that is on this board!

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh, Lisa, I hope your favorite talk show host is my favorite too!:sunshine:

I think she's everyone's favorite! Maybe she can fly a studio full of us there!:D

spring
06-27-2008, 05:38 PM
I think she's everyone's favorite! Maybe she can fly a studio full of us there!:D

Now you're talking!:D

Jen, I think you're method of getting Lisa's T-shirt sizes was nothing short of sheer genius! You guys are all just wonderful.:love:

Iteach
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM

I'm a hop, skip and a jump away from her, so I'll be happy to be there right with you! :sunshine:

icartjetta
06-27-2008, 06:22 PM
TinkerJen Rocks!!!!!

pbhall13
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Now this is why I am proud to call all of you my friends! This is just one of the many gestures that our members do that are from the heart ! How thoughtful on both ends.......

thank you for sharing........now I need to get a tissue.

Pamela

Magical JenK
06-28-2008, 01:18 AM

That would be the best SR Meet Up EVER!!:party:

lanny76
06-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Wow, what nice things people do for one another around here!!

lmroyea
06-28-2008, 02:28 PM
That would be the best SR Meet Up EVER!!:party:

Now you're talking! I totally agree!

I just love all the sunshine that gets spread around here. Everyone is really so thoughtful and caring. I'm proud to call you guys my friends.:sunshine2:

JillyFish
06-28-2008, 09:25 PM
How sweet!!!

This forum is just THE BEST!!!!