PDA

View Full Version : I'm Just Saying....

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I think a lot more of us would receive surprises in the mail if we knew your address! Some of you need to add your addresses to Elfster. I live to bring sunshine to others. Always have. Sometimes I read where some of us are having a bad day or going through some rough times and I go to Elfster to see if they are listed to send some sunshine, but they aren't. Hey, I'm just saying!:D

It's all about spreading the sunshine here. Sometimes a simple, Thinking of you can work wonders.

askomsky
06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I think a lot more of us would receive surprises in the mail if we knew your address! Some of you need to add your addresses to Elfster. I live to bring sunshine to others. Always have. Sometimes I read where some of us are having a bad day or going through some rough times and I go to Elfster to see if they are listed to send some sunshine, but they aren't. Hey, I'm just saying!:D

It's all about spreading the sunshine here. Sometimes a simple, Thinking of you can work wonders.

I agree!!! That's how I've obtained the addy's to mail stuff too.
Wouldn't hurt to set up an elfster account for SR's!

zoodoyle
06-27-2008, 09:27 PM
Very good idea!! We're all about spreading the sunshine :sunshine::sunshine:

bbangel
06-27-2008, 09:41 PM

That is a good idea

DisneyMa
06-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Never heard of this. :confused: Who all has access to our info? (I'm a little paranoid:blush:) If it's just the "core" group of SRers then no prob.

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 09:55 PM

Great idea! :)

disney_girl
06-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Definitely would be interested in this also....

Iteach
06-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Never heard of this. :confused: Who all has access to our info? (I'm a little paranoid:blush:) If it's just the "core" group of SRers then no prob.

I don't think you need to worry at all. I don't believe anyone has access to our information except what you fill out when you join SR. Whenever Cindy sends something out she always asks to file a TT with your full name and address so she doesn't even have anything.

People are talking about the website elfster. Those people who are in the exchanges; secret pal, very unmerry christmas (not quite sure of the exact name), sunshine kids pen pals, etc. sign-up on elfster. That is where people are getting names and addresses, but if you don't do any exchanges, which is completely optional then your information isn't anywhere. From my experience, I do this elfster is a very secure website. You can only get info from exchanges that you are part of. HTH!

zoodoyle
06-27-2008, 11:24 PM
OK, so I set up an "exchange" under Sunshine Rewards - made the deadline date and exchange date 12/31/10 so we'll have plenty of time :p

"Hi Everybody,

You're invited to participate in our gift exchange: Sunshine Rewards.

Here's the sign up link:

I took it out because of concerns from some of the members. If you guys want to join them PM one of the ladies for the link or invite and they can send it to you. Thanks Janet

The sign up deadline is Friday, December 31, 2010.

I hope you'll join in. This is going to be lots of fun!

Best wishes,
Christina (zoodoyle)"

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks, Christina! What about another thread in addition to this one?! Everyone may not read this thread. Do you think those with accounts already need to sign up for this one?

askomsky
06-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Thanks, Christina! What about another thread in addition to this one?! Everyone may not read this thread. Do you think those with accounts already need to sign up for this one?

Yes bc I think that you can only access the accounts you've been given permission to. So Christina (since Janet took the link out for good reason) will need to PM you the link. OR everyone who wants the link should PM zoodoyle for it.

Blessing and Miracle
06-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Yes bc I think that you can only access the accounts you've been given permission to. So Christina (since Janet took the link out for good reason) will need to PM you the link. OR everyone who wants the link should PM zoodoyle for it.

Will do! Thanks.

zoodoyle
06-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks Janet!! Yes, anyone who is interested in our "roll call" of sorts please pm me and I'll get you the link. The exchange date (12/31/10) was just arbitrary since I needed to put something in :D I will start another thread to make sure people notice!! :sunshine:

sunshinecindy
06-28-2008, 08:58 AM
[QUOTE=Iteach;155113] Whenever Cindy sends something out she always asks to file a TT with your full name and address so she doesn't even have anything.

QUOTE]

Oh, I do. I'm just too lazy to look it up. :p However, I would never give out any info on any of you even to another member without their permission.

Iteach
06-28-2008, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=Iteach;155113] Whenever Cindy sends something out she always asks to file a TT with your full name and address so she doesn't even have anything.

QUOTE]

Oh, I do. I'm just too lazy to look it up. :p However, I would never give out any info on any of you even to another member without their permission.

You make me laugh everyday!:thanks:

DisneyMa
06-28-2008, 12:39 PM
I wasn't worried about Tricia/Cindy/Sr having my info. I was wondering about who could see it on Elfster. Is it just going to be the regular SRers or can anyone in the forum go to view that info. That was my concern. I've never been concerned with SR confidentiality. Sorry if it seemed like that.:o

zoodoyle
06-28-2008, 05:54 PM
I wasn't worried about Tricia/Cindy/Sr having my info. I was wondering about who could see it on Elfster. Is it just going to be the regular SRers or can anyone in the forum go to view that info. That was my concern. I've never been concerned with SR confidentiality. Sorry if it seemed like that.:o

Well, I can tell you that so far only "regulars" have pm'ed me for the link. And I'd be a little cautious if a brand new person pm'ed me ;)

askomsky
06-28-2008, 06:00 PM

I wasn't thinking last night in chat that everyone would be able to click on the link that read the forum. I'm so used to getting a "personal invite" from Christina or Kim or whoever and I knew that only the people involved could see it.

Then when you and Jamie were talking and Janet mentioned it, it dawned on me! lol Yeah anyone reading the forum could have access. Guess I thought I was "special"! :rotfl:

zoodoyle
06-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I wasn't thinking last night in chat that everyone would be able to click on the link that read the forum. I'm so used to getting a "personal invite" from Christina or Kim or whoever and I knew that only the people involved could see it.

Then when you and Jamie were talking and Janet mentioned it, it dawned on me! lol Yeah anyone reading the forum could have access. Guess I thought I was "special"! :rotfl:

Yeah, I'm sorry about that too - I forget we're not just in our own little sunny world here on the forum!! But no one out of the ordinary has signed up to the link yet!! Well, maybe "out of the ordinary" isn't the right phrase :rotfl: