PDA

View Full Version : You guys are too much!

m 'n c
06-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I just got back from the SR Texas Meet (ok maybe half a hour ago) and not only was everyone a pleasure to meet up with but they threw me a surprise shower that was totally unexpected. I now have a ton of fun stickers and embellishments to use with my new scrapbooks and scrapbook program. The cake was fabulous as well even though Lisa was upset over it. Mike and I have been picking on it ever since I got home.

And lastly a BIG THANKS to Tricia and my SR friends. My makeup is about to be out so the Sephora gift card is going to come in handy this week. I'll just cross my fingers and hope Sephora is included in Cindy's big shopping surprise for us all.

Yall I never expected this and usually try to keep my personal and online lives separate after getting burned on other sites but SR and their members are in a class by themselves. Yall amaze me each time someone posts in the forums about having a bad or good day and today with me it was no different.

:thanks::sunshine:

Oh I took a few pictures when I got home so I'll post those soon. I also need to get pictures from everyone else since I didn't pull out my camera the entire time.

Hedy
06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Aww! That's so sweet!

askomsky
06-28-2008, 08:06 PM
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!!! WHen Lisa popped into chat last night to tell us about it we were all so excited for you!

Can't wait to hear a FULL recap of your meet and shower!

April

disney_girl
06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh it sounds like you all had a great time!! How sweet of them to throw you a shower!!!

lmroyea
06-28-2008, 08:17 PM
That's so sweet! What an exciting weekend for SRers.

3dog2kidmom
06-28-2008, 08:54 PM
How wonderful! I've been hoping for news of the meet!! Can't wait for pictures :)

Magical JenK
06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
How very fun! Yes, post photos!! I can't wait to hear who all was there & everything!! How fun!!

JillyFish
06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
How awesome is THAT???? :sunshine2:

Can't wait to hear all about it!!

amarazas
06-28-2008, 09:59 PM
The surprise shower was sounded so nice! I'm glad you had fun!

Can't wait to see the pics!

Iteach
06-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh my gosh, what a fun, and such a nice thing to do for you! I bet you all had a great time. Can't wait to hear the details and see pictures!!!!

m 'n c
06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Hopefully Lisa can get some pictures going. Lisa -> If you need help uploading them let us know and we'll send instructions. Lisa took the most pics as I would expect from seeing her scrapbook threads :)

mirandag819
06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Hopefully Lisa can get some pictures going. Lisa -> If you need help uploading them let us know and we'll send instructions. Lisa took the most pics as I would expect from seeing her scrapbook threads :)

Did Lisa do a video like she talked about doing ? I know she mentioned it in chat last night.... that would be awesome to see ! Glad you enjoyed your shower.... we all thought it was awesome when Lisa shared the news last night

Blessing and Miracle
06-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes, I took quite a few pictures. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to finally meet some members of SR. However, the pictures and are gonna have to wait. I'm exhausted!!! I'll try to come back online later tonight, if not, then for sure tomorrow. We really had a great time! I had DD take me to store since I was already out, so I after I rest up a bit I'll give a report.

lanny76
06-28-2008, 10:54 PM
That all sounds great! How nice they gave you a shower, Catherine - what a fun surprise. I'll be looking for pictures!

m 'n c
06-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Yes, I took quite a few pictures. We had a wonderful time and it was so nice to finally meet some members of SR. However, the pictures and are gonna have to wait. I'm exhausted!!! I'll try to come back online later tonight, if not, then for sure tomorrow. We really had a great time! I had DD take me to store since I was already out, so I after I rest up a bit I'll give a report.

totally understandable. Next time we will head to pappacitos and make sure the parking lot isn't too far away.

faithhope
06-29-2008, 12:41 AM
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I love SR and the community it has built up. Congrat Catherine!!! thanks for sharing your joyous event with the SR community, and giving us a reason to gather together and rejoyce, wish I could have been at the gathering.

SunshineGirl
06-29-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm so glad that you had a good time. What a fun way to celebrate together!!

chipndale
06-29-2008, 01:40 AM
So glad to hear that you had a great time. I can't wait to see pictures!

Pooh's Pal
06-29-2008, 02:08 AM
How fun and how nice of the SR gang to do that for you!
WOW, what a great group we have here. :sunshine2:

andrea2289
06-29-2008, 10:34 AM
What a nice thing to do! I can't wait to see the pics :sunshine2:

m 'n c
06-29-2008, 10:38 AM
here are my 2 promised pictures:

Mike with the Cake he was excited & thankful for.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lsubatgirl/IMG_0374.jpg

Picture of the party favors Lisa made. They really thought of everything!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lsubatgirl/IMG_0377.jpg

askomsky
06-29-2008, 10:46 AM
here are my 2 promised pictures:

Mike with the Cake he was excited & thankful for.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lsubatgirl/IMG_0374.jpg

Picture of the party favors Lisa made. They really thought of everything!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v449/lsubatgirl/IMG_0377.jpg

Oh how sweet!!! The favors are really cute! Wish I could have been there!

Mom2aPrincess
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
The meet was great, and we were so excited to be able to give Catherine a shower! :sunshine:

I thought I had a few pictures, but looks like only the one I took is there (that's what I get for having a complicated camera :rotfl:)

But here's one of the two Sunshine Kids that were there. This is mine and Lea Ann's daughters who warmed up to each other pretty quickly after we sat down at the table and were playing by the time we left.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/SHS_Alumni/IMGP0496-1.jpg

mommytotwo
06-29-2008, 01:30 PM
Thank you for sharing those pictures. Sounds like you all had a fun time. :clap:

m 'n c
06-29-2008, 01:37 PM
I was glad they were able to start chatting. They were just so cute. I can't remember what "brought" them together but all the sudden they were playing with Giggles and the stamps and then oh the lemons! I have never seen anyone happily eat a lemon before those two.

Mom2aPrincess
06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
I was glad they were able to start chatting. They were just so cute. I can't remember what "brought" them together but all the sudden they were playing with Giggles and the stamps and then oh the lemons! I have never seen anyone happily eat a lemon before those two.

Yes. I love the innocence of kids and how they can always just instantly become friends. The funny thing about Cameron is that if someone brings her a glass of tea or water with lemon in it, she won't drink it...:rotfl: But give her the lemon slices and she's happy as can be.

bbangel
06-29-2008, 03:23 PM
When Lisa came into chat and told us the plan Janet and Cindy were trying to figure out how they could be there! Happy to have been a tiny part of the suprise :sunshine:

LyndaM
06-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I do have a question for Catherine... Did you notice all of us with our gift bags? I was trying to figure out if I could hide mine so not to give away the surprise. Then, when Lisa came in with the huge cake, well, I was waiting for you to ask what was going on! :rotfl:

It was such a fun afternoon!

m 'n c
06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I do have a question for Catherine... Did you notice all of us with our gift bags? I was trying to figure out if I could hide mine so not to give away the surprise. Then, when Lisa came in with the huge cake, well, I was waiting for you to ask what was going on! :rotfl:

I saw them but figured either I missed something in the thread or that yall were SR buddies and I'm not in that so I totally blew it off as either I screwed up or wasn't invited to participate! Sometimes I really am that oblivious but it tends to work for me :rotfl:

Blessing and Miracle
06-29-2008, 11:28 PM

:rotfl: Yeah, that huge cake that they totally screwed up. I didn't get a chance to talk to them again today, but I will Tuesday. This evening we had a party for DS15 at Main Event and we had to stop and pick up the cake, but DH went in and got it. My son's birthday is Tuesday, so we'll have another smaller cake for him then. When we go to pick it up I will definitely talk with the manager!!

I could have died when they handed that huge cake to me. I was like, this is not what I ordered!! After going back and forth with the salesperson, I just told them, I don't have time now, but I'll be back.

I actually wanted to get there a little earlier so I could have hid the cake, but them messing it up threw me way back. But we did have a wonderful time anyway. I was thinking, I wonder what Catherine is thinking about this big 'ol cake. :rotfl:

jnorth1007
06-30-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm sure she was thinking MMMMM More for me to eat of this awesome cake. :blush: What???? That is what I would have been thinking!

Sunni
07-01-2008, 09:20 AM
What a sweet thing you all did! A shower! What fun!

I think the cake looks yummy. I would be thinking ..........a big piece please with lots of frosting. :)

~Kathie
07-01-2008, 06:11 PM
What a great idea...........and so nice of all of you.

Off to look at Lisa's pictures!!!

Glad you had a good time!

m 'n c
07-01-2008, 06:53 PM
What a sweet thing you all did! A shower! What fun!

I think the cake looks yummy. I would be thinking ..........a big piece please with lots of frosting. :)

I have a ginormous corner piece with a flower waiting for you! It would probably go well with some bubbly. I had it with some beer and it was great :D Lisa was a real superstar pulling this one off.