PDA

View Full Version : Mears tipping question

Hedy
06-30-2008, 12:08 PM
So I'm taking a Mears Shuttle to/from the airport this weekend for my trek to Universal. How much should I tip? $2? $3? Each way.

bbangel
06-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I've heard you should tip a dollar per bag.

cglaura
06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I kind of gauge it on the experience, but at least $1 per bag. It is usually myself and dd each with a suitcase and some backpacks, so I usually just give him/her a $5.

On one particular ride the poor driver was so nice and chatty and helpful, and one couple with about 7 bags got off and just walked away. I saw his poor dejected look, so when we got off I gave him $20, this is for all of your hard work, even if some people just don't appreciate it. He got what I was doing and was overflowing with thank you's.

Hedy
06-30-2008, 12:27 PM
I kind of gauge it on the experience, but at least $1 per bag. It is usually myself and dd each with a suitcase and some backpacks, so I usually just give him/her a $5.

On one particular ride the poor driver was so nice and chatty and helpful, and one couple with about 7 bags got off and just walked away. I saw his poor dejected look, so when we got off I gave him $20, this is for all of your hard work, even if some people just don't appreciate it. He got what I was doing and was overflowing with thank you's.

Gotcha. I'll only have one bag, and $1 seems skimpy.