PDA

View Full Version : Out of town for the 4th

DarcyDog
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure how things work when you're not at home. I will be going to visit family for the 4th and will be taking my laptop with me. If I have time, can I still do my surveys and offers even though I'm not at home? I would be on my sister's wireless network, but does that mess me up for doing SR? Can I only do it from my house?

Thanks in advance!

chipndale
07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Is you sister a SR Member?

DarcyDog
07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
No. Guess that's bad news?

askomsky
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
No what it means is yes you can log in at her house BUT then she would never be able to join and become a member of SR since your account would be linked to her IP address.

DarcyDog
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
That would explain why my niece couldn't join when we tried to do it from my house? If she does it from her house (no other SR members there), she'd probably be OK.

On another note, my sister may be going with a new internet provider. Would she be able to join then? And if she does, then that means I cannot do SR at her house, right?

askomsky
07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
That would explain why my niece couldn't join when we tried to do it from my house? If she does it from her house (no other SR members there), she'd probably be OK.

On another note, my sister may be going with a new internet provider. Would she be able to join then? And if she does, then that means I cannot do SR at her house, right?

Yes that would explain why your neice couldn't join.

As for the new internet provider, my "educated" guess would be yes because each provider has different IP's BUT I think that could be taking a chance?
SR family could probably give more of a concrete answer.

chipndale
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM

Yes, that is why she wasn't able to join when you tried at your house. She should be able to join from her house as long as no one else in her household is a member. It is 1 account per household.