PDA

View Full Version : Don't cringe..but I have a question....

Hedy
07-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Would you take an umbrella into a theme park (the other theme park in Orlando, if that matters). It's predicting thunderstorms-I'm thinking an umbrella would be a PITA, but I don't want to be wet as a noodle.

Blessing and Miracle
07-02-2008, 03:18 PM
It rains everyday in Orlando....YES!!! We also take those really thin ponchos.

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Well it depends. Do you have a place to let it dry out so it won't get stinky?

SunshineGirl
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
I have one of those small umbrellas that fits in my bag and I LOVE it! It collapses down small but it big enough for me and one of the kids. I don't go anywhere without it. (does that sounds a little insane??)

JillyFish
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Would you take an umbrella into a theme park (the other theme park in Orlando, if that matters). It's predicting thunderstorms-I'm thinking an umbrella would be a PITA, but I don't want to be wet as a noodle.

Well, personally, I would cry if my sneakers got wet while I was at a theme park. So call me insane, but yes, I would take one and have done so. Get one of those ones that folds up really small (like 8 inches) and I bet it will fit in your bag.

jenvance
07-02-2008, 03:26 PM
I have one of those small umbrellas that fits in my bag and I LOVE it! It collapses down small but it big enough for me and one of the kids. I don't go anywhere without it. (does that sounds a little insane??)

I have one like that too, and I keep it with me all the time, so no that does not sound insane at least to me.

fourfoxesinpa
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
We always take them and throw them in the bottom of the backpack. You can get them at Dollar Tree and toss them at the end of the day if you don't think you'll need it again.

bbangel
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
As long as it isn't ginormus you should be okay :sunshine2:

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Nah. It sounds like hedy has a pretty big bag so throwing in an umbrella should be a snap.

bbangel
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Nah. It sounds like hedy has a pretty big bag so throwing in an umbrella should be a snap.

As long as she doesn't take her sneakers and her bubbly right?

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Well I'm sure she'll have her crocs on. The bubbly though I don't know about. Is it allowed over there?

Magical JenK
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Just becareful not to poke someone in the eye! Umbrellas at the parks scare me because people just don't pay attention!! BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
We always take them and throw them in the bottom of the backpack. You can get them at Dollar Tree and toss them at the end of the day if you don't think you'll need it again.

oh but you should consider recycling them the next day. Keep one more thing out of the landfills you know.

jnorth1007
07-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I tried to recycle mine last time but the next day I had to cringe when I smelled what those things smell like after they are packed away wet. Kinda like wet sneakers KWIM? I wouldn't toss the Disney ones because they cost an insane amount but the cheap ones I don't mind. Just toss and pull out a new one. Its a snap!

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I tried to recycle mine last time but the next day I had to cringe when I smelled what those things smell like after they are packed away wet. Kinda like wet sneakers KWIM? I wouldn't toss the Disney ones because they cost an insane amount but the cheap ones I don't mind. Just toss and pull out a new one. Its a snap!

Well I don't think they get all that stinky after one usage. I certainly am for recycling at least the entire week you are there. If you just throw in a small bottle of frebreeze or body spray in your suitcase you can avoid the wet sneaker smell. I just find it insane to try and pack enough of these to last the entire week for each person. Just blow it up the size of a blimp once you get back to the room which is a snap and lightly bang it against the room wall and you should be good to go the next day.