PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need a cookie recipe!!

SunshineGirl
06-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Okay. Here's the deal. I have a VERY limited amount of time in the next few days. In addition to SR, our house just went up on the market, I'm teaching Vacation Bible School, we have meetings with people for the new house, and the girls have to perform in church Sunday. Oh...and I am leaving on Monday for Florida for 9 days and have not done any packing for any of us and have no clothes yet for the conference. It's going to get REALLY ugly here in the next 72 hours.

The problem--Not only did the church call asking me to donated baked goods for a farmer's market on Saturday, but the realtor said to have just-baked cookies to set out when they do the realtor walk through of the house. But they don't know exactly when that will be.

So I need a cookie recipe that 1) will be good for the bake sale, and 2) can then be refridgerated or frozen so that Sunshine Guy can just pop the cookies into the oven if the walk through happens to be while I am gone. That would also mean I probably need the recipe to make a couple of different kinds of cookies.

Help!!! I can always do basics like chocolate chip or oatmeal. But I need something different than what everyone else will have at the bake sale and something that will be easy for SunshineGuy to bake but also yummy to make the realtors happy.

chocovrdmicears
06-28-2007, 03:33 PM
i have the easiest recipe for bars..not cookies...even Sunshine Guy could do them.
all you need is:
1 roll of refridgerated cookie dough
1 block of cream cheese
1 egg
1/2 c sugar

8x8 greased pan (or double the recipe and use 9x13
cut the roll of cookie dough in half and smoosh it in the bottom of the pan until even. beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 c sugar until fluffy...pour over the cookie dough. crumble the second half of the cookie dough over the top. bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. be sure to store in the fridge.

for the bake sale you could always bake rice crispy treats..you can make TONS of those things in no time...not sure they would work for your open house. If all else fails I love the prepackaged Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookie mix from pillsbury (in the baking isle)..you just add an egg and melted butter and bake them.

LuvMyBoys
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, I can't really help out with the cookie recipe thing, but here are a few ideas:

1. Bakesale- make smores brownies. These look great, taste awesome and are very easy to make. Basically you spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray, line the bottom with graham crackers (may have to "cut and paste a little" :) ), mix up a 13x9 size package of brownie mix according to package directions (I use BC Dark Chocolate brownies), then bake at 350 for about 22 minutes (test with toothpick near center to see if done).
Then cool the brownies on rack. Then sprinkle on 1 cup of mini chocolate chips, and do lines of marshmallows (usually about 35 big marshmallows) covering the top. Broil on low until the marshmallows are toasted. Then cut them into squares using a sharp knife (spray it with cooking spray between cuts).

These were a huge hit at our last bbq. :love:

2. Sounds like something very fragrant is in order for the realtor tour, maybe snickerdoodles or oatmeal w/ white choc chips and dried cranberries?

Good luck with everything!! :sunshine2:

coastalgirl
06-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I have one that I use in a pinch with a cake mix!! Super easy and the cookies are great. For your house I would use a lemon cake mix and just dust them with powdered sugar. Chocolate cake mix with extra chocolate chips or m&ms for VBS(i just love to send other peoples kids home wired:rotfl: )

1 cake mix(any will do, I usually use the cheapes I can find)
1 egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient (s).
Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cooke sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Makes about 4 dozens. Yummy!
these are great cookies, very moist, and so easy and quick!! Very cheap too!!

coastalgirl
06-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Here's another one::
Easy Snickerdoodles
I just use premade cookie dough and take little balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar. Press down lightly with a fork and bake according to directions!!
I hope everything goes well and good luck!!
Lydia

chocovrdmicears
06-28-2007, 03:44 PM
I have one that I use in a pinch with a cake mix!! Super easy and the cookies are great. For your house I would use a lemon cake mix and just dust them with powdered sugar. Chocolate cake mix with extra chocolate chips or m&ms for VBS(i just love to send other peoples kids home wired:rotfl: )

1 cake mix(any will do, I usually use the cheapes I can find)
1 egg
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cake mix, egg, oil, and water. Beat until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredient (s).
Drop by teaspoon about 1 inch apart onto greased cooke sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes or until done. Makes about 4 dozens. Yummy!
these are great cookies, very moist, and so easy and quick!! Very cheap too!!

These sound delightful..:sunshine: .will be making these as soon as it cools down.

coastalgirl
06-28-2007, 03:47 PM
My guys love those cookies!! They have had friends mothers call and want my "special" cookie recipe and just can't believe they were made with a cheap cake mix!

LuvMyBoys
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I like the cake mix cookies too, very easy and you can customize them! We do chocolate cake mix with pb chips, or choc chips, or m&m's, or pecans, or dried cherries. The possibilities are endless :)

bbangel
06-28-2007, 04:24 PM
If you want something that smells really good try these. A little more work but so worth it. These are also good gifts at Christmas time.

Ginger Sparklers

Butter cup
Granulated sugar 1 cup
Egg 1
Molasses cup

All-purpose flour 2 cups
Baking soda 2 tsp.
Ginger 2 tsp.
Cinnamon 1 tsp.
Salt tsp.

Granulated sugar

Cream butter and first amount of sugar well. Beat in egg. Mix in molasses.

Stir dry ingredients together and add. Mix well. Shape into 1 inch balls.

Roll in sugar and place on baking sheet. Bake in 350 F oven for 10 12 minutes.

Makes 6 dozen.

nolacindy
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Have to jump in on the cake mix cookies! Yummmy Yummmy! A coworker used to bring them in all the time, lemon and chocolate. How about chocolate with some mint chocolate chips.

Candi
06-28-2007, 05:37 PM
For the house, I have to say that nothing beats the smell of choc. chip cookies.

m 'n c
06-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Well I don't have any suggestions for the bake sale but for the walkthroughs why not just buy a few packages of the break and bakes by Nestle toll house? Those are so easy to just pull out the fridge and pop on a cookie sheet.

chocovrdmicears
06-28-2007, 05:49 PM
I like the cake mix cookies too, very easy and you can customize them! We do chocolate cake mix with pb chips, or choc chips, or m&m's, or pecans, or dried cherries. The possibilities are endless :)

when you make these 'cake cookies' do you always use the
1 egg
1/4 oil
1/4 water
f
and then add mixi~ins?

LuvMyBoys
06-28-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes, I always use the egg, oil, and water and then add about 1 cup of mix-in (whatever it is). I find that's enough for the batch (I don't like tons of stuff in the cookies, my husband on the other hand...he would put in a whole bag if I let him!).

Some recipes that I use for the cake mix cookies use different amounts of eggs/oil/water.

For example,

Easy Lemon Pecan Cookies

1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp grated lemon peel
Pecan halves for garnish.

Combine it all (except pecans!!), drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased sheets, and press pecan half into middle of each cookie. Bake at 350 for 9-11 mintues or until edges golden brown. Cool 1 minute on pan, remove to racks to cool completely.

YUM :love:

ItsmeSunnyV
06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
:clap: UHMMM...Okay I dont bake, which means I have no advice for this thread, but I was reading everyone else's posts and got a great idea. How about you all make the cookies, bars, or cookie cakes that you all suggested and bring em' to the white party, we'll then have Chingy taste em' all. And that will be our winner, that Tricia can make. :eat:Oh, and I get to take home ALL left overs. Because It was MY idea! :angel:

chocovrdmicears
06-28-2007, 07:52 PM
:clap: UHMMM...Okay I dont bake, which means I have no advice for this thread, but I was reading everyone else's posts and got a great idea. How about you all make the cookies, bars, or cookie cakes that you all suggested and bring em' to the white party, we'll then have Chingy taste em' all. And that will be our winner, that Tricia can make. :eat:Oh, and I get to take home ALL left overs. Because It was MY idea! :angel:

For some reason I don't think that my man Chingy is a cookie eatin kind of guy...which is one of the reasons I could only party with him 1 night. :p

cglaura
06-28-2007, 08:22 PM
I have a super easy brownie recipe! Even though is it microwaved, the house still smells yummy.

Basci Brownies

Melt 1/2 c butter in microwave. While this is melting...in separate bowl mix at med speed for 1 minute:

2 eggs, beaten
1c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Add melted butter. Add to butter, egg,etc. mixture:

3/4 c flour
1/2 c cocoa

1/2 c chopped walnuts

Spoon into 8 inch greased glass pan. Microwave on high 5-7 minutes (may need adjusting due to appliance variations.)

Also to smell yummy:

Sugar Glazed Walnuts

Mix and microwave on high 2 minutes:

1/2 c melted butter
1c packed light brown sugar
4 tsp cinnamon

Add 1 lb walnuts, microwave an add'l 3-5 minutes on high.

Spread on waxed paper to cool. These also make very nice homemade Christmas gifts. I put mine in WDW popcorn buckets :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Well... here's what I would do.

1) for the bake sale... write them a check and say sorry you didn't have time to bake

2) for the open house... dh is a realtor and says they do NOT want to eat cookies. get some fresh flowers instead.

Have fun on vacation -- no guilt!

SunshineGirl
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I'm so glad that you said that about the flowers! I actually arranged three vases full of fresh flowers in the house this weekend before our showings! (I baked the cookies, too...but more for ambience than anything else).

We had our first showing Saturday morning and another one this afternoon. Our first open house will be Sunday. Of course, without me there to make sure it is looking perfect. ACK!!!

I did make the cake mix recipe on Friday (actually two batches). Definitely easy and tasty!!