PDA

View Full Version : Our dog lady....

Anna
06-28-2007, 09:46 PM
:(
Lady Bug

We had to have our dog of 14 years put to sleep. She had been ill for the past month or so due to heart failure. It broke my heart to find her unable to catch her breath.

It was all I could do to get her into the house and to her bed. She is over 100lbs. I knew the end was near. I just could not take her to the vet. I got our neighbor to help me get her to the car and fortunately my mom took her for me. I was crying like a baby. :cry:

DS11 and DD7 are beside themselves that their companion had to be put down today. My DH is too. We know she is in doggie heaven though. She was such a loved family member. She will be dearly missed. :(

Kycha
06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh Anna. I am so sorry for your loss.

Anna
06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh Anna. I am so sorry for your loss.

Thanks Kycha....I appreciate your thoughts. :)

SunshineGirl
06-28-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm so sorry, Anna. I fear that we are heading in the same direction. Our Daisy Doodle is 13 and her heart murmur is getting worse and she just doesn't seem to be herself any more. I was just telling DH tonight that I am worried about leaving her at the kennel for a week while we are in FL. This is going to be the first time as an adult that I have ever had to deal with something like this. I feel so badly for what your family must be feeling right now. :hugs:

Do you have a picture of her that you can post for us? Maybe one of her as a pup or one of her with the kids? We can have our own little memorial for her.

bbangel
06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
:hugs: to you and your family. My cat Khepri is almost 14 and is definately a senior. I dread the day I have to make that trip. Pets are our furbabies and it always hurts to lose one.

speechteachri
06-28-2007, 10:31 PM
So Sorry!!!:hugs:

Anna
06-28-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm so sorry, Anna. I fear that we are heading in the same direction. Our Daisy Doodle is 13 and her heart murmur is getting worse and she just doesn't seem to be herself any more. I was just telling DH tonight that I am worried about leaving her at the kennel for a week while we are in FL. This is going to be the first time as an adult that I have ever had to deal with something like this. I feel so badly for what your family must be feeling right now. :hugs:

Do you have a picture of her that you can post for us? Maybe one of her as a pup or one of her with the kids? We can have our own little memorial for her.

Thanks Tricia! I am at work but will work on it when I get home tomorrow. I am working third tonight. She was the sweetest dog!

http://www.mosquitocreekredbones.com/females/rose1.jpg
Lady Bug

ItsmeSunnyV
06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Im sorry Anna!!:hugs: Were all here for you!!

chipndale
06-28-2007, 11:24 PM
So sorry to hear about you baby. I feel your pain. We had to put our doggie down and it was 5 years ago this past December. I actually cried that day thinking about it. I understand that it was the best thing to do esp. since he was in so much pain. But, I still miss my buddy. This was before we had the kids. Now, my kids have been bugging me about getting a dog. I think we will get one as soon as we move into our new home. My mom's dog is having problems and she just called on Monday crying saying that if he keeps getting worse she will have to put him down. Besides my mom, my kids are going to take it hard. Here is a big :hugs: for you and your family.

coastalgirl
06-29-2007, 12:09 AM
How sad for you and your family. It is so hard for kids to lose their pet. I know ours it just like one of our kids. Big hugs for you all!!:hugs:

Lydia

Anna
06-29-2007, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone! It is hard to lose a fur baby! She had a good life. We rescued her from an animal shelter that was going to close and put any animal that was not adopted to sleep. We could not handle that so we went down to get us a dog that day. All of the animals were adopted out thankfully.

We were so happy to get Lady. She will be missed dearly. She was our first baby, before we even had our children. She was spoiled rotten.

She loved to play football with us. I mean tackle football with a Nerf ball. She would tackle whoever had the ball and if it was her turn she would run with the ball for a touchdown. LOL:rotfl: We went through a TON of Nerf footballs.

sunshinecindy
06-29-2007, 07:10 AM
I am so sorry Anna. I deal with this on a daily basis in my line of work. The one thing I can say is that your Lady Bug was lucky enough to have parents who knew when it was time to put her down and not make her suffer. I see so many people keeping their pets alive for themselves, not for their pets. Its a tough decision, one which I am now facing with a 16 year old dog. I'm sure you gave her every chance at as great a life as possible, and then you let her end it with dignity. You will always have her in your memories, nothing can take that away.

3dog2kidmom
06-29-2007, 08:41 AM
Anna,

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

I lost my beloved black lab, Cody, 2 and a half years ago to bone cancer at the age of 9 and I still miss him every day. Thanks for posting pictures of your Lady Bug for us... she looked like a very sweet baby and I'm sure she will be dearly missed.

Hedy
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

m 'n c
06-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Big Hugs to you and your family. I had to put my cat down 2 years ago after a vacation to the beach. He went on a hunger strike during our vacation and we just couldn't nurse him back. He was such a good cat that I still cry every now and then when I think of him. Because I have such good memories of him and our time together I am looking forward to the day when I have my own house and can get a new furbaby to love and take care of.

zoodoyle
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
So sorry for your loss!! She'll be waiting at that "rainbow bridge"! :hugs:

~Kathie
06-29-2007, 07:08 PM
I'm so sorry!! :hugs:

LuvMyBoys
06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm sorry for your loss :( What a great story though, you really gave her a wonderful life :) I'm sure she was thankful for her saviors :) You gave her a second chance and obviously a wonderful family, I hope that you can all find comfort in that :hugs:

Anna
06-29-2007, 07:51 PM
I am so sorry Anna. I deal with this on a daily basis in my line of work. The one thing I can say is that your Lady Bug was lucky enough to have parents who knew when it was time to put her down and not make her suffer. I see so many people keeping their pets alive for themselves, not for their pets. Its a tough decision, one which I am now facing with a 16 year old dog. I'm sure you gave her every chance at as great a life as possible, and then you let her end it with dignity. You will always have her in your memories, nothing can take that away.

Thanks for your kind words Cindy! I was glad my mom agreed to take her and that the kids were not home. I had already had to make that trip with two of our cats...Moocher who was 17 and Archie who was 10. It is so hard.

Yes, Lady will always have a special place in our heart!