PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grocer?

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Anyone used them? And what were your thoughts? I'm on the fence of using them. We'll have a refrigerator and toaster thanks to a swap I'm participating in. I have thought of two different approaches. I can either

1. - use garden grocer for some snacks/drinks.

I LOVE my cherry coke first thing in the morning..yes, some drink coffee, but I drink cherry coke. I can survive with the soda at Disney, but I'd REALLY prefer cherry coke. Last year I packed them in our suitcases, but now that we are limited to one each, I'm not so sure about doing that as we can't spread out the weight.
I can get milk and cold juices which I really like Cameron to drink. Plus with milk we can do cereal in the morning too which would help with time and money (avoiding the food court for breakfast)
I can get bread for toast and fruit also for breakfast

2. Take an extra duffel bag and check it in Houston. We can have 2 bags going so would be no charge, and we can fold the duffel bag up and just shove it in a suit case coming back where we are only allowed one.

I can purchase our cereal, snacks before we leave this way which I'm sure would be cheaper than garden grocer, but wouldn't have milk, juice, bread or cherry coke

I get free shipping with staples so I'll order a case or two of water for delivery through them (already looked and they are cheaper than garden grocer anyways)

Anyways...long story short.....opinions on garden grocer?

kxmeeh
07-08-2008, 08:24 AM
i love garden grocer. used them in december with no problems at all, and just ordered last night for my trip next week. i did not have any problems at all. i even ordered stuff that was not on their website and they got it for me, i know some people order beer too from them. we bring a toaster with us, so i get bagels, pop tarts, other breakfast stuff, sandwich stuff, and snacks. you won't be disappointed, and it is much cheaper than buying breakfast in the parks every day.

Magical JenK
07-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Kimberly-I'm a diet coke AM drinker, I totally understand! :D

Used them for the first time in April & really loved the service! The only bummer part is the delivery fee & then the tipping, but it worked out for us since we didn't rent a car.

We weren't at the resort when the delivery came, but we just let guest services know it was coming...however, when we got back to the room (after midnight) it was a joke trying to find out where our food was!! Eventually we did find it in the baggage room, but the people at the front desk were clueless.:rolleyes:

I'm certain DH & I won't use them for our December trip, but that's only because we rent a car & go to SuperTarget to get our food & items we forgot (gotta use that employee discount you know!). If we weren't renting a car, I'd TOTALLY do it again!!

Overall, thumbs up from me!

chipndale
07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
:clap: I have used garden grocer several times and I would use them again in a heartbeat. If you have a rental car, then my answer would be to just go and get what you want at the Super Target - oh I love that store and I so wish that we would have a Super Target close to us! But if you a trying to decide between garden grocer and buying the items at Disney - I would use garden grocer for several reasons. The biggest reason is it is sooooo much easier to eat breakfast in your room - no hassle at the park or food courts! My second biggest reason is that you can have the products that you want - DH and my father often want a beer or two when we are back relaxing by the pool in the middle of the afternoon and with the prices Disney charges - it just makes sense to use Garden Grocer. Good Luck with your decision.

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the great comments everyone. I think you've convinced me. I saw last night there is a minimum order of $40 so I'll at least order that much so we can get our coke, juice and milk. I think I'm going to combine my two options. I think I'll still pack a duffle bag as I can get everything on their site cheaper here, but then order the cold stuff and things that won't travel well from them.

Didn't see beer on their site? Do you just type it somewhere? I may just order me a some wine coolers or hard lemonade or something. That's a great idea.

Magical JenK
07-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Yep, I think there is a section where you can type in notes...notes = liquor!! :0)

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Yep, I think there is a section where you can type in notes...notes = liquor!! :0)

This sounds like a plan. I think I'll be trying them out this trip.

wilsonfamily4
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I have been wavering on if I want to do it as well. I hate paying $12.00 for delivery! I am so cheap. :) But I want my pepsi and fresh fruit. I will probably suck it up and just order through them

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I have been wavering on if I want to do it as well. I hat epaying 12.00 for delivery! I am so cheap. :) But I want my pepsi and fresh fruit. I will probably suck it up and just order through them

I know the feeling. I'm the same way! I wish I knew someone else staying at Pop the same time so we could at least 1/2 the fee. I'm like you and really want my cherry coke, fruit, and milk though...we are big milk drinkers and I hated going without much milk when were were there in December.

disneyforever
07-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I didn't even know there was a store who did this. Even with the delivery fee I think this is a win win situation. DH and I are not going to have a car on our trip so I will have to seriously think about having groceries delivered.

:thanks: for the idea!