PDA

View Full Version : My 1,000 post!

chipndale
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I just realized that this post will be number 1,000! :cooldance: I guess it is something I will remember because today is my son's 5th birthday!

jenvance
07-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Congratulations and Happy Birthday to your son!! Have a great day!

spring
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Yay for you!:clap::clap:

disney_girl
07-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Congrats! Happy Birthday to your son!

arob414
07-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats! And, Happy Birthday to your son! 5th birthdays are exciting, will he start to school this fall?

Blessing and Miracle
07-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, congratulations! :party: Happy posting!

Sunni
07-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats! :clap:

Happy Birthday to your son!

barbaraapple
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Happy Birthday to your son :bday2:

Congratulations to you .....

chipndale
07-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats! And, Happy Birthday to your son! 5th birthdays are exciting, will he start to school this fall?

Thanks for the birthday wishes - My son could start school in the fall but we have decided to hold him back a year. His preschool teacher thinks that it would do him good esp since we will be one of the younest in his class if he would start school. My son can do his work papers when he wants to but that is the key word "want" Everyone tells me that it is just a maturity issue and he will grow out of it. So I will have him home with me for 1 more year.

askomsky
07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
We were sort of in the same boat. When I registered DS9 for Kindergarten the cut off was 9/30 so I enrolled DD5.5 in preschool based on she could be the youngest K in her class. Year and a half later they change the cut off to 8/31. I was upset, started to fight it then I saw all that DS9 had been doing and realized that it was for the better. I would rather her be one of the oldest in the class. It can only help her in the long run. So she'll start Kindergarten on 9/2 and 2 wks later turn 6. The other deciding factor which made sense to us is DD 4.5 is 13 months younger then her sister, if DD5.5 would have went to school this year they would have been 2 yrs apart in school even if their only a year apart in age, so we thought it would be better for them to have eachother in school.

arob414
07-10-2008, 05:32 PM
DD13 is one of the youngest in her class. In retrospect, I wish I had started her later. But, I was so excited about her starting kindergarten. She handled the school work without any problem, but I can see that she was less mature than a lot of the other girls in her class.

chipndale
07-10-2008, 06:59 PM
DD13 is one of the youngest in her class. In retrospect, I wish I had started her later. But, I was so excited about her starting kindergarten. She handled the school work without any problem, but I can see that she was less mature than a lot of the other girls in her class.

That is what we are afraid of - his maturity or should I say lack of it! He still will throw himself down in the middle of a store when he doesn't like that two letter word that mom is saying - "NO!" I still feel bad about our decision but
I know in my heart that he would struggle with the work. My daughter just finished kindergarten and she had homework every night except on Fridays! She finished the year doing addition and subtraction. I know that my son is just not ready to sit still that long and pay attention yet!