PDA

View Full Version : DVC Questions

Anna
06-30-2007, 12:19 AM
I am thinking of getting into the Disney Vacation Club, but I have some quesitons. I would love to hear from DVC owners. :) First, is it safe to buy from a timeshare resale? Next, is a person who purchase through a resale, considered the same status as someone who purchases directly from Disney?

I do not really want to spend $16000+ up front. Is it possible to start smaller and purchase additional points from a resale? Do they all have to be from the same resort? I see that some resales do not even list a resort. I am confused as to how this works. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :p

cglaura
06-30-2007, 01:26 AM
I used to have DVC in Old Key West but had to sell after a divorce :cry:

When I sold I had to sign a gagillion legal papers, so I think it is pretty safe.

I know you get all the same benefits / privilages. You own the DVC, just like anyone else.

I know you can start small and add points. I believe that they can be from different resorts, but keeping them in the same resort/month will make it easier for reservation planning I think.

I can pm you w/ the company I used, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here. I can say they were very efficient, my place sold 2 days after listing.

I loved DVC/OKW...if I ever hit it big on a contest or fall into some primo paying job it's the first splurge I'd go for! Have fun & good luck.

Another thing to consider if you will be buying resale. Go for a WDW visit if you can and tour all of them to see what you like best.

Anna
06-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Why are the DVCs deeded only for a certain number of years? What happens to it after that?:confused:

Anna
06-30-2007, 03:46 AM
I used to have DVC in Old Key West but had to sell after a divorce :cry:

When I sold I had to sign a gagillion legal papers, so I think it is pretty safe.

I know you get all the same benefits / privilages. You own the DVC, just like anyone else.

I know you can start small and add points. I believe that they can be from different resorts, but keeping them in the same resort/month will make it easier for reservation planning I think.

I can pm you w/ the company I used, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to "advertise" it here. I can say they were very efficient, my place sold 2 days after listing.

I loved DVC/OKW...if I ever hit it big on a contest or fall into some primo paying job it's the first splurge I'd go for! Have fun & good luck.

Another thing to consider if you will be buying resale. Go for a WDW visit if you can and tour all of them to see what you like best.

Please do PM me. I am confused with all this. I am really wanting to buy into it.

Anna
06-30-2007, 04:24 AM
I would like to start small...say with 50 points or so and then add to it - maybe Key West. Is this possible? How do you add points once you acquire some? Sorry for all these questions.:angel:

cglaura
06-30-2007, 06:43 AM
I sent you a pm. I hope it makes sense!!

Anna
06-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks so much! Your PM was very helpful! Now...if we could only earn DVC gift cards at SR:rotfl: ! LOL

cglaura
06-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks so much! Your PM was very helpful! Now...if we could only earn DVC gift cards at SR:rotfl: ! LOL

:rotfl: Or even if they took Disney GC , here, I'd like to pay with this pile of gift cards. I'll go walk around the boardwalk while you're processing them. Have a disney day!

Hey, say a $20,000 dvc, goal to get a $50 card each month, in 33 years I'd be all set. Could scoop up a deal for all those 2042 people not renewing! :rotfl:

ligrumpygirl
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I just ran across this post and wanted to tell you that we LOVE our DVC!! The biggest problem that I find is that I want to go MORE!!!! Love that DVC AP discount!

ligrumpygirl
07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
:rotfl: Or even if they took Disney GC , here, I'd like to pay with this pile of gift cards. I'll go walk around the boardwalk while you're processing them. Have a disney day!

Hey, say a $20,000 dvc, goal to get a $50 card each month, in 33 years I'd be all set. Could scoop up a deal for all those 2042 people not renewing! :rotfl:

One thing I did was finance through Disney and pay it off on my Disney credit card so I got Rewards $$!!