PDA

View Full Version : DCL Western in Oct - what to book?

lenzs4
06-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I am going on my 3rd DCL cruise in Oct. It is booking time and I have been building my house so I have done NO RESEARCH - :eek: I have a 6 and 9 year old and DH that will be traveling with me.
We are going on the Western - Key West, Cozomel, Grand Cayman. Can anyone please tell me about good excursions - DCL or on own as well as good Palo times (tea, brunch and/or dinner) (I do not know the schedule yet and do not seem to have time to research when the best times are based on the rotation, themed events...)
Any advice would be great. Thanks

3dog2kidmom
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi Shirley! I can't tell you what to book since we just took a 4-day, but I just wanted to say I am jealous and so excited for you!!! Your kids will have a wonderful time --- but I guess you know that since this is your third DCL cruise :)

I have been to Cozumel before and personally I probably wouldn't even get off the ship next time.

lenzs4
06-30-2007, 06:43 PM
good to know - we stayed on the ship in Mazatlan last time it did the west coast - it was nice to just relax!

SunshineGirl
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
We went on that exact one. I can't get into details because I need to post credits. LOL! But go for Palo brunch. That way, you don't have to miss a good dinner rotation.

3dog2kidmom
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
We went on that exact one. I can't get into details because I need to post credits. LOL! But go for Palo brunch. That way, you don't have to miss a good dinner rotation.

True, but I'd say Palo for brunch AND dinner. Dinner was a wonderful experience. One we don't get too often with young kids. :love:

CindyS
07-03-2007, 07:12 AM
I second the recommendation to stay on the ship in Cozumel. We did the double dip last year, so I can't help you with the other stops. But have a fabulous time - I'm jealous!! :love:

lenzs4
07-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I second the recommendation to stay on the ship in Cozumel. We did the double dip last year, so I can't help you with the other stops. But have a fabulous time - I'm jealous!! :love:

Hey, I am double dipping in Sept 08!! I can't wait. I am more excited about that cruise than the one coming in three months!!! Any info for those stops is appreciated as well - although I still have time to plan for that one!