PDA

View Full Version : No Spectromagic!

catnapfan
07-16-2008, 08:09 PM
I was just reading my weekly disney newsletter from another site and found some very bad news. The Liberty Square bridge in MK is going to be closed for rehab Aug. 15-29. Since the bridge is going to be closed they are not going to have the spectromagic parade during that time either. We will be in WDW Aug. 25-30 so will not get to see Spectomagic (my favorite) at all! :(
I even ran some numbers today to see about staying one more day and coming home on the 31st so I could see the parade on the 30th but it just wasn't worth it. Oh well, there's always next year!

DisneyMa
07-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I've never been to DW, but I understand what you mean. I missed the last showing of The Main Street Electrical Parade in 1996. Yes, they brought it back to DCA, but I wanted to see it on Main Street!!

Good luck on catching it next time.

Iteach
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
I was just reading my weekly disney newsletter from another site and found some very bad news. The Liberty Square bridge in MK is going to be closed for rehab Aug. 15-29. Since the bridge is going to be closed they are not going to have the spectromagic parade during that time either. We will be in WDW Aug. 25-30 so will not get to see Spectomagic (my favorite) at all! :(
I even ran some numbers today to see about staying one more day and coming home on the 31st so I could see the parade on the 30th but it just wasn't worth it. Oh well, there's always next year!

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's terrible news. Spectromagic is my absolute very favorite. I usually get all teary just because I love it so much. It's hard to describe the feeling, but I really feel for you! Thank goodness there are so many other wonderful things to do and see. Have a great trip!

zoodoyle
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
We will miss it as well. My husband was crushed when he heard the news, but we'll just have to catch it next time :D

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Ugh I hate it when something you enjoy goes down for rehab. I just found out primeval whirl will be down when we go. I really like that ride. :(

linanglab
07-17-2008, 07:12 AM
I am sorry! I am glad you posted this. I just told my sister yesterday about that particular parade (they are going August 18-22).....Guess I have to recall her so she can cross that parade off her list.

arob414
07-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Last trip, we were way too disorganized. We had 10 days, were only doing Disney and it felt like we had forever. So, unlike all other trips, we (meaning I) didn't do much planning. And, we slept too late, getting a late start, every day. We missed Spectromagic in order to do rides. But, I can understand you being disappointed.

On the last trip, we decided that we were all too set in our ways. We don't like change and since we hadn't been in 4 yrs, there were alot of changes. And, we compared everything to how it had been to how it was. The only change that we agreed upon really being for the better was the change from A thru E tickets to an admission pass that covers all rides.:p

And, I still love the music to the Main Street Electric Parade. I have the album, somewhere. I can still remember my excitement in seeing it the first time. Love that King (from Robin Hood) playing that pipe organ (I think)>