PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! ONLY 2 Nights a Weeks

Mom2aPrincess
07-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Have ya'll read this? I'm so upset!

Walt Disney World Resort Announcment
July 19, 2008

We are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests who visit the Walt Disney World? Resort. Within the last six months, we have added significant new attractions and shows at Disney?s Hollywood Studios?, including Block Party Bash, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Pixar Place and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced ?High School Musical 3: Senior Year? and later this year, Disney?s Hollywood Studios? will host the annual Night of Joy event for the first time and welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse Disney?Live On Stage!

Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience, host the first Grad Nite events at Disney?s Hollywood Studios? and welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We regularly evaluate and refine our operations. At the same time we unveil The American Idol Experience in January 2009, we will make an adjustment to our operation by offering Fantasmic! on select evenings each week. Fantasmic! will be performed two times weekly ?generally Mondays and Thursdays - and more often during our busiest times of the year.

On nights when Fantasmic! is not performed, Guests (with appropriate ticket media) will continue to have the opportunity to enjoy nightly fireworks spectaculars such as Wishes at the Magic Kingdom? Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot?.

mirandag819
07-20-2008, 01:30 PM

July 19, 2008

We are continually focused on providing the best possible experiences for our Guests who visit the Walt Disney World? Resort. Within the last six months, we have added significant new attractions and shows at Disney?s Hollywood Studios?, including Block Party Bash, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Pixar Place and Journey Into Narnia: Prince Caspian.

Coming in October 2008 will be the recently announced ?High School Musical 3: Senior Year? and later this year, Disney?s Hollywood Studios? will host the annual Night of Joy event for the first time and welcome back ABC Super Soap Weekend. At the same time, we have continued to update existing offerings such as Playhouse Disney?Live On Stage!

Next year, the park will unveil The American Idol Experience, host the first Grad Nite events at Disney?s Hollywood Studios? and welcome back ESPN: The Weekend and Star Wars Weekends.

We regularly evaluate and refine our operations. At the same time we unveil The American Idol Experience in January 2009, we will make an adjustment to our operation by offering Fantasmic! on select evenings each week. Fantasmic! will be performed two times weekly ?generally Mondays and Thursdays - and more often during our busiest times of the year.

On nights when Fantasmic! is not performed, Guests (with appropriate ticket media) will continue to have the opportunity to enjoy nightly fireworks spectaculars such as Wishes at the Magic Kingdom? Park and IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot?.

What a bummer and man now that will mean you will have to line up even sooner to get in since it will be more crowded on fewer nights! I am just glad there won't be a change for our Sept. trip, we are doing the fantasmic package at brown derby.

Mom2aPrincess
07-20-2008, 01:35 PM
What a bummer and man now that will mean you will have to line up even sooner to get in since it will be more crowded on fewer nights! I am just glad there won't be a change for our Sept. trip, we are doing the fantasmic package at brown derby.

I know!! That's what I thought too. The lines will be LONG, the parks will be crowded as all those without park hoppers will have to go on those days, and it will be hard to get adrs for the fantasmic meal packages (We always do h&V and sometimes mama melrose too).

Personally, I'm hoping it's a total flop and they've gone back to a reasonable schedule before we go again, and I'm glad it will still be normal for our August trip too. Cameron LOVES Fantasmic and we frequently go over just for that after we finish in other parks. I think we saw it 4 times last December!

Hedy
07-20-2008, 01:47 PM

July 19, 2008

I've also heard a rumor (I *think* it was the Mice Age dude on the DIS podcast) that with the economy tanking, they're debating closing DHS or AK 1 day a week. I think this might be an offshoot of this.

Mom2aPrincess
07-20-2008, 01:55 PM
I've also heard a rumor (I *think* it was the Mice Age dude on the DIS podcast) that with the economy tanking, they're debating closing DHS or AK 1 day a week. I think this might be an offshoot of this.

Now that you mention it, I read that somewhere, but haven't seen anything "official like" on it yet.

I am a member of a disney group that has been discussing that the parks seem more busy than normal this summer, and lots of people accustomed to getting last minute reservations have been told all resorts are full except for one during their dates. Makes you wonder.....

m 'n c
07-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Wow! I thought that was one of the most popular shows out of all disney shows. Glad it will still be going as normal in September but you start to wonder who these guests they are surveying are.

jenvance
07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
That is so silly. I love Fantasmic, we will have to skip it in January anyway. With a 5 month old I don't think it will be to appropriate especially since dd likes to sit all the way at the bottom.

Magical JenK
07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
:cry::cry::cry:
I LOVE Fantasmic! This is just another bummer to my December trip! I'm so mad! I was planning on seeing it on a Sunday!

And what's this about closing DHS & AK for a day during the week?! That's not very magical.:mad:

jenvance
07-21-2008, 10:15 AM
I LOVE Fantasmic! This is just another bummer to my December trip! I'm so mad! I was planning on seeing it on a Sunday!

And what's this about closing DHS & AK for a day during the week?! That's not very magical.:mad:

It's not very magical at all, but I don't see why they would do that, they would lose a ton of money. I think.

mirandag819
07-21-2008, 10:17 AM

It will still be every day in December won't it ? I thought is said starting Jan. 2009, or did I read that wrong ?

Magical JenK
07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
It will still be every day in December won't it ? I thought is said starting Jan. 2009, or did I read that wrong ?

:cry: no, I did...through all the tears...:cry: I thought it said it was changing in October. :cry: Thanks!

But I also have to say that I tried to change my hotel for our trip & there doesn't seem to be any openings unless I want to pay $10k for a Suite at Contemporary. So clearly, they're not as slow as I was planning on them to be in December.

WTH?!

pbhall13
07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
:cry: no, I did...through all the tears...:cry: I thought it said it was changing in October. :cry: Thanks!

But I also have to say that I tried to change my hotel for our trip & there doesn't seem to be any openings unless I want to pay $10k for a Suite at Contemporary. So clearly, they're not as slow as I was planning on them to be in December.

WTH?!

Jen.......

I swear they are holding back rooms.........with the way the economy is there is no way WDW is full to capacity ALL the time!! I think they must be cutting down on staff and therefore not making as many rooms available (but I would keep trying to call to change your ressies!)

I am also glad that Fantasmic will still be around nightly when i am there in november. I haven't been to see the show since 2001 so I am looking forward to it this year!

Pamela

mirandag819
07-21-2008, 10:24 AM

WTH?!

Yay ! I'm glad it doesn't mess up your December plans. It is still a bummer for future trips though. It would be 1 thing if they had a different show they wanted to do in the same location, but it just seems dumb to close it a few nights a week for no reason.

Wow, that doesn't sound like it will be slow at all.

Magical JenK
07-21-2008, 10:36 AM
It's not very magical at all, but I don't see why they would do that, they would lose a ton of money. I think.

And I can't imagine it would make it very fun to be at the other parks the days those are closed?! Just going to make all the parks more crowded, which isn't going to make people happy....

Mom2aPrincess
07-21-2008, 11:13 AM
Yea....I'm really not sure about all these changes...I wonder what in the world is going through the powers that be's heads. They seem really odd....

keishashadow
07-23-2008, 10:14 PM
im shocked & disappointed

from what i gather nothing more than a $ issue, they r using final show of the HSM each day as "an excuse":headache:

i wonder if they will actually be increasing the # of Fantasmic Dinner Pkgs (and the space allocated in the stadium) now (along with a price increase:rolleyes:)

i too was floored by the price of the Deluxe resorts this Oct & early Dec. Know that the exact same dates @ the CR MK view are now more than double what i paid 2 years ago:cry:

will suggest that the deluxe resorts do release blocks of rooms they have booked for conventions as the dates get nearer (i check usually 2 months prior up until the date)