PDA

View Full Version : TT

MooseBrains
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Is there a limit to how many TT you can have open at one time? It seems that my last few shopping adventures have gone nowhere. I needed the items I bought but went through SR for the rewards.

I just hate opening them and seeing them sit. Is it better just to not open a TT if it is for a little bit? I hate to make more work for people.

SunshineGirl
07-21-2008, 05:31 PM
Most people generally do not have that many open because about 99% of our transactions track properly. If you are having to file multiple trouble tickets, I would say that there is something wrong with your computer that is blocking cookies.

As a general rule, if you have more than 1 or 2 shopping transactions or daily surveys in the span of a couple weeks not credit, there is a problem. We try to watch the TTs for trends to see if any particular members are having too many issues, but sometimes they slip through.

If you are only talking about 1 or 2 transactions and you have had quite a few, there is no reason not to go ahead and file them after 14 days so that we can see what is up. We only have about 5 trouble tickets that have not been researched and sent to merchants, so we are pretty well caught up. :)

MooseBrains
07-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Thank you for a quick reply. I just hate to make people work for a few cents. It is only 2 open recently and 1 that is older than me.;) I think it is just a bit of bad luck. I don't shop much so I try to do it here.

sunshinecindy
07-21-2008, 06:21 PM

I just hate opening them and seeing them sit. Is it better just to not open a TT if it is for a little bit? I hate to make more work for people.

We don't let them sit. You will see them get moved to under SR review and after we've researched, then on to submitting IF they qualify for it.

askomsky
07-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Yeah I know it has to be something on my pc with shoebuy or the commission junction that is causing me issues. I thought I fixed it when I was able to access and successfully get credit from Shoebuy a month ago, but the 4th didn't, had to do TT and it came within 2 days of the TT so that's good, but I placed 2 seperate orders this weekend and neither are showing. I went back in my options and I think I fixed it but unfortunately when my 10 days are up I'm probably going to have to open another TT.

But I have 2 questions.
1. Since I ordered twice should I open 2 seperate ones or can I just combine order no#'s and emails.
2. WHen I was playing with my options in the advanced level there were 1st party cookies and 3rd party. Can someone explain the difference between the two?

THanks~!

MooseBrains
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
We don't let them sit. You will see them get moved to under SR review and after we've researched, then on to submitting IF they qualify for it.

I am sorry if it that came out wrong, not sitting because of you but watching it be there waiting for resolution. Computers do make it hard to be clear without typing forever. I know SR does everything possible for us and try to help get credit.

askomsky
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah I know it has to be something on my pc with shoebuy or the commission junction that is causing me issues. I thought I fixed it when I was able to access and successfully get credit from Shoebuy a month ago, but the 4th didn't, had to do TT and it came within 2 days of the TT so that's good, but I placed 2 seperate orders this weekend and neither are showing. I went back in my options and I think I fixed it but unfortunately when my 10 days are up I'm probably going to have to open another TT.

But I have 2 questions.
1. Since I ordered twice should I open 2 seperate ones or can I just combine order no#'s and emails.
2. WHen I was playing with my options in the advanced level there were 1st party cookies and 3rd party. Can someone explain the difference between the two?

THanks~!

Bumping to see if one of the ladies can answer my ?.
Tricia? Cindy? Cathrine? anyone? (felt a little like Bueller right there...lol)

sunshinecindy
07-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Bumping to see if one of the ladies can answer my ?.
Tricia? Cindy? Cathrine? anyone? (felt a little like Bueller right there...lol)

You will need to open a TT for each order with the confirmation for each one. Since they each have different confirmation and order numbers, we need them separated, plus, we have to show that you went through our link, and the time is on the confirmation emails for us to match up.

As ofr the cookies, I don't have a clue.

askomsky
07-22-2008, 02:46 PM
You will need to open a TT for each order with the confirmation for each one. Since they each have different confirmation and order numbers, we need them separated, plus, we have to show that you went through our link, and the time is on the confirmation emails for us to match up.

As ofr the cookies, I don't have a clue.

Thanks Cindy! I thought I probably had to do two seperate TT's, but if I was able to save time etc .

I don't have a clue with the two different cookie options either. I have the ability to set each one differently which is why I was asking.

m 'n c
07-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I have no idea either on cookies. Laura is your best bet (cglaura) as she seems to be the resident cookie expert. I know I have mine to allow both types and session cookies. Not sure if it makes a difference or not though.

SunshineGirl
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I am 99% sure we are 3rd party cookies because a cookie is being set from SR to a totally different website (as opposed to a cookie being set for our own website).

askomsky
07-22-2008, 03:13 PM
I am 99% sure we are 3rd party cookies because a cookie is being set from SR to a totally different website (as opposed to a cookie being set for our own website).

Thank you, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Just wanted to make sure I was setting it right. IT really burns me though bc windows or IE must have updated and I didn't realize it and everytime it does I have to go back and reset the options!

jnorth1007
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
I also thought that I would add in that Shoebuy is one that I can not get to automatically credit for anything. There were a few times that it would come through but 90% of the time I have to file a TT and I get the money right away. I don't know why it happens as all of my other shopping and credits work just fine. I have just resigned myself to the fact that Shoebuy takes me about 13 days LOL 10 to be able to file and 3 more for Angie to get them but she ALWAYS gets them for me.

askomsky
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I also thought that I would add in that Shoebuy is one that I can not get to automatically credit for anything. There were a few times that it would come through but 90% of the time I have to file a TT and I get the money right away. I don't know why it happens as all of my other shopping and credits work just fine. I have just resigned myself to the fact that Shoebuy takes me about 13 days LOL 10 to be able to file and 3 more for Angie to get them but she ALWAYS gets them for me.

Thanks Janet, I appreciate it! I never had a problem on my laptop, it's only been here on my desktop (since I fried my laptop) that I have problems.
And your right it's about 13 days..... :) I filed at the 10 day mark and it was in my account no more then 2 days later!!! Miss Angie rocks! lol

What kills me is I order from there at least once a month if not more, so it's not like I would "forget" to click thru SR or use another link! They have to be my fav SR merchant! :D

askomsky
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Ok new question......

Is there a definite option to keep cookies at the level you set them?????

Everytime I log in and look it appears they go back to where they were after I clear cookies. Is that normal? It's getting very frustrating to know that it's now an option I'm going to have to set every time I clear cookies with every new page I launch. Tonight I was trying to log into chattywomen and I opened a new IE browser and saw the message must have cookies enabled, I went and looked and they weren't set on that particular page. But if I went back to the main SR window I had open they were from when I re-set them

I also found that when our power went off this afternoon and came back on the pc re-booted and i had to reset all my security/cookie levels again.
This is getting very aggravating, not sure what application is causing it bc I didn't have this issue on my laptop and I was running XP then.

chipndale
07-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Ok new question......

Everytime I log in and look it appears they go back to where they were after I clear cookies. Is that normal? It's getting very frustrating to know that it's now an option I'm going to have to set every time I clear cookies with every new page I launch. Tonight I was trying to log into chattywomen and I opened a new IE browser and saw the message must have cookies enabled, I went and looked and they weren't set on that particular page. But if I went back to the main SR window I had open they were from when I re-set them

I also found that when our power went off this afternoon and came back on the pc re-booted and i had to reset all my security/cookie levels again.
This is getting very aggravating, not sure what application is causing it bc I didn't have this issue on my laptop and I was running XP then.

I don't have anything to add that could help you but wow that has to be a big PIA. I can't imagine remembering to go back and set you cookie options all the time. I hope someone can help you figure it out.

cglaura
07-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Ok new question......

do you mean the low / medium / high thing? or where you can set it to accept / override.

I set mine here, and they don't ever change except sometimes when I do a windows update.

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab on top, Advanced button, Accept 1st party, accept 3rd party, always allow session cookies.

As for the low / med / high, I have mine set to medium (on the Security tab).

askomsky
07-24-2008, 09:01 AM
do you mean the low / medium / high thing? or where you can set it to accept / override.

I set mine here, and they don't ever change except sometimes when I do a windows update.

Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab on top, Advanced button, Accept 1st party, accept 3rd party, always allow session cookies.

As for the low / med / high, I have mine set to medium (on the Security tab).

Yes that's it, thank you but I seem to have to re-set it all the time. I tried the accept 1st and 3rd let me go back and change it and see if they stay.

jnorth1007
07-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Does your computer security program update everynight in the middle of the night? That could be causing the problem. I had to set mine to ask me if it can update before doing so and I had to remove it from the auto update. I was update in the middle of the night every night and deleting my cookies and changing my cookies.

askomsky
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Does your computer security program update everynight in the middle of the night? That could be causing the problem. I had to set mine to ask me if it can update before doing so and I had to remove it from the auto update. I was update in the middle of the night every night and deleting my cookies and changing my cookies.

Thanks that could very well be it, I'm going to look into it.