PDA

View Full Version : DGC or DD

mseg16222
07-01-2007, 07:23 PM
HMMMMMM DGC for the trip or DD to give the kids for allowance so they have their own $$$ to spend.......LOL

jnorth1007
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
I do a little of both. I buy some DD's from the Disney store (or I was before SR) and use those and then I cash out for large amounts 100.00 or more during the special cash outs so that I dont have to carry around as many cards. I have about 105.00 in DD to give the kids for allowance and then take back for safe keeping. I just keep a running total of what everyone has earned and I will split them up for the trip into little wallets for each that I also will carry. My kids are young though so it depends on their age. Mine need to see that they have many DD's to understand that their work is worth something. If your kids are older I would do GC's just because they are so easy to keep track of and they are replacable if you keep your numbers from the back.

m 'n c
07-01-2007, 08:05 PM
I do both but base it on if there is a special cashout coming up. I am saving up for the July cash out so it will be a DGC this time. I think its fun to carry both the cards and the disney dollars around. I love the pictures on the disney dollars. I wish I could find some of the pirates ones though.

mommommouse
07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
I"ve used the DGG for the cruise. They worked out really great. I just took them to guest services and added them to my account
DEBBIE

CindyS
07-03-2007, 07:07 AM
I started out getting DGCs so they'd be easier to handle than DD, but now I've got so many that it's getting to be a problem :rotfl: . Guess I'll just have to spend them quick!! :cooldance:

bartleby1
07-03-2007, 08:18 AM
I like having both also. My kids think the DD are cute (and so do I, lol!) so I like to get some of them. The Easter Bunny fills plastic eggs with $1 DD so some come from that. I have received some from other programs too.

As far as cashing out at SR, I usually do gift cards since Tricia runs specials on those.

schachteles
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok, this is the first time that we are staying on property at Disney :cooldance: ...apparently you can only charge $1000 to your room...I have enough Disney Dollars and Gift Cards to cover that...do I give them to them at the beginning of the trip when we check in, or do I go in before we check out and pay our bill with the DDs and GCs??

THANKS!! :angel:

luvdisney
07-12-2007, 10:37 AM
I have been doing both. I have given my kids DD and Grandma has given them the DGC. They love to get the DD they love the pictures. I am hoping to get some Pirates DD when I go to WDW in Sept with DH. My boys and my nephews will love them.

lisaoh
07-17-2007, 06:48 AM
I have both too. I didn't realize the DGC was good at the resorts.

chocovrdmicears
07-17-2007, 09:23 AM
I have both too. I didn't realize the DGC was good at the resorts.

you can also use Disney Gift Cards to pay off room reservations/packages and buy tickets to events like MNSSHP. :)