PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming for GiftCertificates.com

~Kathie
07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Anyone used these?? How does it work?

Do I redeem my SR rewards for a gift certificate for GiftCertificate.com. Then I go to GC.com to redeem the gift certificates for other gift certificates??

Any fees associated with GC.com redemption?

I'm going to NYC in august and I saw that GC.com has Marriott Gift certificates. We're staying at a Residence Inn so this would be perfect.

Thanks for any info.

SunshineGirl
07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I love, love, love them. We actually pay the transaction fee, so you don't have to pay one when you cash it in. You get the certificate via email and then go into their site whenever you want to exchange it for the hard cards. You will then get those in the mail in the next couple of weeks.

~Kathie
07-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Sounds perfect!!!

Thanks for the info Tricia!

schachteles
07-10-2007, 10:06 AM
They are really nice to have, my DHs company used to give them for Christmas gifts...though they have been having less and less places to redeem for, so that kinda stinks. But some of them are only for online places and some of them are for actual GCs that they will ship to you. They come in a discrete envelope, so be watching!! But they mail them out really quickly, we have never had issues.

sunmagic
08-12-2007, 12:44 AM
So a Supercertificate is the email code thing that you actually receive after you do a SR cashout.

Then you go in and convert this to an actual hard plastic gift card that they mail to you??

Is there a shipping fee if you want it mailed?

I've never used this and went on their website and am a bit confused as to the difference of a regular giftcertificate and super certificate....

SunshineGirl
08-12-2007, 09:28 AM
We pay all of the fees up front when we buy the SuperCertificate. So you cash out for the SuperCertificate and we pay the handling fee. You get the $25 certificate and go to their website. Then you put in the code and can cash out for that total amount of cards from any of the cards on their site. They will then email you or send you the hard card (depending on what you cash out for). It's really pretty awesome!

mollyeilis
08-12-2007, 01:44 PM
And you can even split it up, if you got a big enough supercertificate (why they didn't name themselves supercertificates dot com I do NOT know, b/c they confuse the heck out of repeat users like me with that "supercertificate" stuff). DH got a $50 voucher from them from work, redeemed his code for the supercertificate, and then I redeemed that for a $25 emailed code from shoebuy.com and a $25 mailed plastic giftcard from Famous Footwear (which I then used online).

There was no fee for either though if I'd wanted the FF card faster I could have paid for different shipping. It got here super-fast anyway.

It *seems* complicated, but once you're really using the site, you see it's not as complicated as you think it's going to be.