PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional package

fourfoxesinpa
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Has anyone done this? What can you order for your meal or is it pre-selected for you? Or, do you get any appetizer, entree, dessert, non-alc drink that is on the menu?

Pooh's Pal
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I've done it twice, 2004 and 2006 and will be going again this December. The 1st time we were on the DDP and the appetizer and gratuity were included, but that has all changed for 2008.

Got this info off of AllEarsnet

For Disney Dining Plan Guests:

Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining: Candlelight Dining Packages will be 1 Entitlement.

If using your Magic Your Way Package + Dining Table Service Meal entitlements toward the Candlelight Processional Dining Package, your entitlements include an entree, a dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage OR a full buffet and non-alcoholic, non-specialty beverage for each person on the package. Appetizers and Gratuities are not included.

For Non-Dining Plan Guests as well as Guests on the Deluxe Dining, Premium, and Platinum Plans:

Meal includes an appetizer, a entree, a dessert, and a non-alcoholic beverage OR a full buffet and non-alcoholic, non-specialty beverage for each person on the package. Gratuities are not included. Candlelight Dining Packages will be 1 Entitlement for Guests on a Disney Dining Plan.

Enjoy the show it is beautiful! :sunshine:

fourfoxesinpa
07-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the info...now to decide where to eat. :banana:

fourfoxesinpa
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Well, I thought I had it all figured out and called to request Chefs de France. It's already booked so we're having lunch at Coral Reef before our 5:00 CP show. I'm so just torn between the review given by Kevin almost 2 years ago on DISunplugged and everyone here. We've dined at the Sharks Underwater Grill at SeaWorld and I'm wondering how different/similar they are.

Is Coral Reef worth it for lunch?

schaery
07-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Double check about getting CP package on the DDP. I had already made ressied at Chefs de France, and called back about making it a CP package. CM told me that this year, it's not included in the DDP. Sounded kinda crazy to me so I called back and got another CM. She also said that booking a CP wasn't included in DDP. If that's so, I guess because the CP meal normally comes with appy, entree, dessert and tip included which, as everyone knows, has all changed this year.

fourfoxesinpa
07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I guess I'm OK if we don't have DDP? So friggin' confusing sometimes - all I want to do is eat! :rotfl:

schaery
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I still haven't decided if DD and I will get the DDP or not. I calculated that I'll save $150 paying OOP but it is kinda nice knowing that everything is already paid for with the DDP. You can add DDP up to 72 hours before the check-in date so I still have awhile to make up my mind. Waiting to see how the budget is. If I could get get more DS surveys, and get credits for the ones I complete, my budget will be a little bigger. :)

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2008, 07:17 PM
That's horrible news if the CP is not included in the Dining Plan anymore. How awful!

We LOVED the CP last year and I was glad we took advantage of the meal. If memory serves, we ate at Le Cellier.

I know there are lots of different strong reviews out there of Coral Reef. We love it. We've included it on each trip. It's one the girls would really miss. We have only been for dinner though, not lunch.

schaery
07-27-2008, 11:26 PM
We did LeCellier for the CP last year too. Really good, and I loved the atmosphere. I guess I'm just gonna take my chances on getting a seat with the "regular" folks at the CP and not actually do it as a dinner package, since I'm assuming the CMs were correct about it not being on the DDP.

IckyMickey
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
This is a few weeks late in reply, but the CP is included in the DDP. I have made reservations and all is well. Some CM's just have no idea what they're talking about!

I would consider when you are going and if it will be crowded before not taking the CP package. We're going on Friday 11/28, the first day of the CP season, the day after Thanksgiving so I know it will be crowded and there's a big chance we won't find seats if we didn't have the CP. I really want to go and wouldn't take the chance without it.

joiev98
08-19-2008, 10:40 AM
We have Le Cellier with the CP package and was told it is indeed included in the DDP.

Pooh's Pal
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
We have Le Cellier with the CP package and was told it is indeed included in the DDP.

Me too!

JDarling
09-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I've actually made a tradition of eating at the Coral Reef for lunch in years past and NEVER been disappointed. You'll enjoy it! :sunshine: