PDA

View Full Version : Movie suggestions for older boys?

Hedy
07-03-2007, 09:37 AM
We have my nephews (almost8 and 11) for a sleepover tomorrow night. I'm trying to pick out a couple of movies for them. Between my mom and I and their other relatives, they see pretty much every new kids release (not that they don't like re seeing them). I was looking for movies and I'm thinking of Invincible and Rookie of the Year? Anybody see/rent these with their wee ones? Was Invincible too intense for them?

LuvMyBoys
07-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Invincible was a really good movie. My 11yr old and 7yr old both liked it, they are very sports focused. I don't think it had too many questionable parts either (I remember his wife leaving him, him kissing his girlfriend and her leading him into her house but that was as risky as it got).

How about Bridge to Terabithia or Alex Rider? We rent so many movies from Blockbuster, I know what it's like to try to find movies for kids who have seen everything!! :)

Hedy
07-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Invincible was a really good movie. My 11yr old and 7yr old both liked it, they are very sports focused. I don't think it had too many questionable parts either (I remember his wife leaving him, him kissing his girlfriend and her leading him into her house but that was as risky as it got).

How about Bridge to Terabithia or Alex Rider? We rent so many movies from Blockbuster, I know what it's like to try to find movies for kids who have seen everything!! :)

Oh, Alex Rider looks good! We all saw Bridge to Terabitha, but we all liked it.

LuvMyBoys
07-03-2007, 10:46 AM
My boys liked Alex Rider alot, it is a good one for that age range. They also like "Happily Never After", it had their kind of humor :)

3dog2kidmom
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
We have my nephews (almost8 and 11) for a sleepover tomorrow night. I'm trying to pick out a couple of movies for them. Between my mom and I and their other relatives, they see pretty much every new kids release (not that they don't like re seeing them). I was looking for movies and I'm thinking of Invincible and Rookie of the Year? Anybody see/rent these with their wee ones? Was Invincible too intense for them?

Those are good choices. My DS9 also liked the Sandlot, The Rookie, all the Air Bud movies, Jungle to Jungle, Chronicles of Narnia, maybe The Natural (don't remember what it's rated), Miracle. What about the old Superman movies? Spiderman? -- they are rated PG13 though. We watched Holes last week and the kids enjoyed that too.

Hedy
07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your input! Blockbuster didn't have Rookie of the Year or Alex Rider, so I went with Open Season and Invincible!