PDA

View Full Version : Ticket prices going up???

m4travels
07-28-2008, 11:48 AM
Just received an e-mail from another publication that suggests that there is a strong rumor that admission tickets are rising next Sunday, Aug 3.

Just a heads up.....

m 'n c
07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
They typically go up in August from what I remember reading in the past. Though I thought it was on a weekday not a weekend.

chipndale
07-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh you beat me! I was going to post this. I guess I will be buying tickets this week.

m4travels
07-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I'm letting family know so they can get their tickets now for the January trip. Someone has convinced one of my BsIL that you really don't need to get them early because you can get them discounted once you're in Orlando and at the ticket window!!! It took my sister some time convincing him that he really should listen to me....

mirandag819
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Bummer I can't buy my tickets early for our Sept trip. We get a military discount, but we have to buy them at Shades of Green and you can not buy them in advance (because you have to show military I.D.). I wonder how much they are going up.

linanglab
07-28-2008, 01:07 PM
I would love to buy my tix for our summer trip next year right now....but the $$ is just not available.....Kind of bummed about that. Everything is just getting more expensive all across the board. Even though I knew the prices would increase, I still hate seeing it. Still crossing my fingers that I can go to WDW in August rather than July next year. That would save me quite a bit on the room.

Happy buying for those of you who are buying their tix this week!

wilsonfamily4
07-28-2008, 01:27 PM
yeah, I heard this a few days ago so I bought 3 of the 4 we need. I don't have the money yet for the 4th. :( I will have the money the middle of next month but o, well. At least I got 3 before the price went up.

jenvance
07-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Its usually a price increase for the following year i thought???

JillyFish
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Okay....dumb question.....and I think I probably already know the answer....BUT....if you buy tickets now can you apply them towards a MYW package later??? DS and I MAY be going in January and if so I want to get a package with dining. But I sure would like to get tickets before the price increase. Or....just thinking out loud here.....I suppose I could get one ticket now and one ticket later with the package....maybe??? But do you even have to purchase tickets with a package. Sorry so many questions!

I wish I could book now, but of course the 2009 rates aren't out yet. I imagine they will also come out next week. Sure puts you between a rock and a hard place when your trying to save some money!

schaery
07-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Ordered my tickets today. Thankfully, I had been saving up the money in case WDW came out with a discount before my Dec. trip.

sammielynn
07-28-2008, 04:05 PM
When we went in May I bought 10 day non-expiring tix. Glad I did.

DisneyMa
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I bet this is for Disneyland too!! I'm gonna call the Disney store.

deana
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Just ordered mine last week for our December trip and they arrived today!!:thanks:

fourfoxesinpa
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out what to buy - I think I am going to order 10 days with no expiration and the water parks and more but I am on the fence about the hopping. It is so much extra and we don't hop that much...only when we go to AK or HS. I am going to investigate buying a 3 or 4 day with hopping and then a longer pass without hopping and see how it adds up. Adding the water parks option is a great deal and my kids really like DQ so I know for sure I want to add that and the no-expiration.

Please let us know what the Disney Store says - I wouldn't think they'd be allowed to confirm that a rate hike is imminent within the next few days but you never know who you'll get on the phone and what they'll tell ya. :)

andrea2289
07-28-2008, 04:45 PM
I had the same question! We are going sometime in January '09 but haven't locked in our dates yet. We wanted to do a package so we could do the dining plan again. Last year I booked our rooms in February and then rolled it into a package about a month before we left but I didn't know if you could that with just tickets :confused:

Okay....dumb question.....and I think I probably already know the answer....BUT....if you buy tickets now can you apply them towards a MYW package later??? DS and I MAY be going in January and if so I want to get a package with dining. But I sure would like to get tickets before the price increase. Or....just thinking out loud here.....I suppose I could get one ticket now and one ticket later with the package....maybe??? But do you even have to purchase tickets with a package. Sorry so many questions!

I wish I could book now, but of course the 2009 rates aren't out yet. I imagine they will also come out next week. Sure puts you between a rock and a hard place when your trying to save some money!

fourfoxesinpa
07-29-2008, 08:57 AM
I just pulled the trigger. Got us 10-day hoppers, no expiration with the water parks and more option. I know we'll use 2 of the days later this year and, with the Universal ticket deal, I can stretch the remaining days out into 3 more vacations.

jenvance
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
I had the same question! We are going sometime in January '09 but haven't locked in our dates yet. We wanted to do a package so we could do the dining plan again. Last year I booked our rooms in February and then rolled it into a package about a month before we left but I didn't know if you could that with just tickets :confused:

Remember if you go in Jan 09 the discount from disney is usually free water park options when you buy the whole package. That's what we always do. You also get a small room discount.

andrea2289
07-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Remember if you go in Jan 09 the discount from disney is usually free water park options when you buy the whole package. That's what we always do. You also get a small room discount.

OOOO thanks for the heads up. You know I had wondered about discounts that time of year since it is the 'off' season! I don't know if this is true but I have heard that Superbowl Sunday is the least crowded day of the year @ Disney!

chipndale
07-29-2008, 10:29 AM
For those that have been orderning tickets - who are you ordering from? DW Tickets? Are they ok to use? Any problems?

jenvance
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
OOOO thanks for the heads up. You know I had wondered about discounts that time of year since it is the 'off' season! I don't know if this is true but I have heard that Superbowl Sunday is the least crowded day of the year @ Disney!

This was NOT the case this year. We always go late Jan/early Feb every year. The crowds are pretty low. This year, our first day was superbowl sunday and we stayed for two weks and it was much busier than we have EVER seen it, but we were there during Mardi Gras also, they fell on the same time, and it was very crowded with tons of people from Louisiana. But it still probably wasn't as crowded as it gets during peak and holiday times of year. I love going this time of year because the weather is beautiful, and the crowds are relatively low.

fourfoxesinpa
08-04-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm glad I bought our tix last week. I grabbed 4 10-day hoppers, no exp. with the water park option. The price went up over $200 over the weekend - more than 10%!

PSL1013
08-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I just don't understand how they can justify the increase in tickets with the economy the way it is and all the troubles with the airlines and the high gas prices? Do they really expect people to want to go every year and spend this kind of money? I know I won't ever stop going to Disney because we own DVC and maybe that is what they are depending on but I feel bad for families with 2 or more kids...I don't know how you are going to do it? Even with our $100 off the Annual Pass, they went up another $22.37, I know it's just business but can't they give us a break? :(

schaery
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Whew! Thankfully, I had just gotten my tix last week. I tried to order some for my mom on Saturday at several of the ticket outlets, and everyone had sold out of tix at the old price.

Yeah, you'd think maybe Disney would cut us some slack with the ticket prices but I guess they don't have to. My DB has been there several times over the past month and says it sure doesn't look like anyone's having money problems judging by the crowds.

m4travels
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
I ordered tickets for my folks on Friday (4-day tickets with 2 additional days free) since they're joining us in January on the Family Extravaganza - which WILL never happen again!!! - and then yesterday decided to pick up a couple of 10-day nonexpiry tickets for the 2 of us when our AP expires next year.

I now have to find that SAFE place where I can store them and not lose them.....oh, the challenge that will be!

I was glad to get them at the old price, that's for sure!

linanglab
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I just don't understand how they can justify the increase in tickets with the economy the way it is and all the troubles with the airlines and the high gas prices? Do they really expect people to want to go every year and spend this kind of money? I know I won't ever stop going to Disney because we own DVC and maybe that is what they are depending on but I feel bad for families with 2 or more kids...I don't know how you are going to do it? Even with our $100 off the Annual Pass, they went up another $22.37, I know it's just business but can't they give us a break? :(

Although I agree....for some of us, Disney is a priority....I guess that sounds silly for those who don't have that Disney bug. I save for 2 years straight for us to be able to afford to go. However, our days may not be as long this next time because of increasing prices in airlines. The travel days will eat up our park days. We have 3 kids, so our lodging is not cheap and we now have 4 "disney adults" for tickets. I am hoping for a code or discount next year when we do go. I have a feeling if things look bleaker for Disney later on in the year, they will start offering better discount rates.

I was thinking about getting an AP if Bethany and I go in April. But for us to be able to go then, the rates for the lodging will have to be decent. And I will have to figure out if the AP will be better for us then the regular ticket prices.

But Pam - I DO wish that they would ease up on the prices. I just don't see it happening....

PSL1013
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Although I agree....for some of us, Disney is a priority....I guess that sounds silly for those who don't have that Disney bug. I save for 2 years straight for us to be able to afford to go. However, our days may not be as long this next time because of increasing prices in airlines. The travel days will eat up our park days. We have 3 kids, so our lodging is not cheap and we now have 4 "disney adults" for tickets. I am hoping for a code or discount next year when we do go. I have a feeling if things look bleaker for Disney later on in the year, they will start offering better discount rates.

I was thinking about getting an AP if Bethany and I go in April. But for us to be able to go then, the rates for the lodging will have to be decent. And I will have to figure out if the AP will be better for us then the regular ticket prices.

But Pam - I DO wish that they would ease up on the prices. I just don't see it happening....

Well Disney is definitely a priority for us too and we will never stop going, luckily it's just the two of us now, so for us it's not that bad. Also, some people like to go to Florida to do other things besides Disney :eek: like Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, Kennedy Space Center?? It gets really expensive to want to do it all but I guess that's NOT Disney's problem, is it? :rotfl:

jenvance
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
For the past six years we have been going in Jan/Feb we always stay at a moderate resort usually CBR, I priced it out for January and it went up $400 from last year. That is a big difference in a year, considering that we drive down. Needless to say I think that we will have to downgrade to a value resort this time. Or shorten our stay, and since we are rarely in the hotel, this is a sacrifice we are willing to make. We stayed at Pop one year during free dining and it wasn't to bad. I just hope they don't keep increasing like this every year. Otherwise we may have to go every other year rather than every year. In two years we will have to pay adult price for dd.

linanglab
08-04-2008, 02:44 PM
For the past six years we have been going in Jan/Feb we always stay at a moderate resort usually CBR, I priced it out for January and it went up $400 from last year. That is a big difference in a year, considering that we drive down. Needless to say I think that we will have to downgrade to a value resort this time. Or shorten our stay, and since we are rarely in the hotel, this is a sacrifice we are willing to make. We stayed at Pop one year during free dining and it wasn't to bad. I just hope they don't keep increasing like this every year. Otherwise we may have to go every other year rather than every year. In two years we will have to pay adult price for dd.

I also have to say that we were planning on either renting (which I am still going to consider for part of our trip) and then getting 2 rooms at value instead at POR. However, it looks like we will probably do POR again because of price. We are hoping to go in August rather than July because the cost is ALOT different. We definitely are looking harder at cutting cost this time then in past times. We most likely will do less sit down meals and do more CS meals. We will also do less souvies.

I really don't hope that Disney feels the pinch (which I cannot see that this economy won't affect them), but I would like to see them being sympathetic to those who are on the bubble about going to WDW. We really could be considered sitting on the bubble. We will still go? Yes, unless something VERY financially pinchy happens. But only because I really scrimp on some things so we can go. And I spend a lot of time on SR to earn. It definitely is harder to save money on groceries when you buy less things, but still end up spending the same amount of money from 6 months prior, you know?

jenvance
08-04-2008, 02:58 PM
When we go to disney it always ends up being an almost three week affair. We leave and it takes us about a day and ahalf to get there. We always drive because flying is way to expensive because we would have to rent a car and everything when we got down to florida. We spend one week on disney property (usually a moderate) and get the dining plan. The next week we spend at a gorgeous rental house. (If anyone is looking for renting a house in the area, we have one that we have stayed at for the past six years. The owners own three houses with their own pools. They are three bedroom houses and they are gorgeous. I have pics or the website. The owners are very generous and the price for the week is very decent) We have a pool at the rental house and we usually go to the disney water park, maybe do a day at disney if we have any leftover, seaworld or universal, and visit with family.

JillyFish
08-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I ordered tickets for my folks on Friday (4-day tickets with 2 additional days free) since they're joining us in January on the Family Extravaganza - which WILL never happen again!!! - and then yesterday decided to pick up a couple of 10-day nonexpiry tickets for the 2 of us when our AP expires next year.

I now have to find that SAFE place where I can store them and not lose them.....oh, the challenge that will be!

I was glad to get them at the old price, that's for sure!

Don't want to hijack....just wanted to say that maybe you should tell US where you put them Dude....'ya know, just in case! ;)

askomsky
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't want to hijack....just wanted to say that maybe you should tell US where you put them Dude....'ya know, just in case! ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: I was thinking the same thing, but if he tells you he better tell a few of us, since it took you a while before you found your SR pin! :rotfl:

chipndale
08-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow what a tough crowd!

princesslily
08-17-2008, 12:44 AM
every time i think i have it saved the price goes up! what a bummer!

askomsky
08-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Either Jill hasn't seen this thread or she's ignoring me now... :rotfl: