PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars or Gift Card for Restaurants?

babieemelly
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and had a quick question. I'm planning on using the money I make on here at restaurants down at Disney World (both counter service and sit-down). What's better to use for food - gift cards or Disney dollars? How do they both work at the restaurants? Sorry if this has been asked before. I just found out about this site and was hoping to make a little extra money for our trip next August. Thank you!

mirandag819
07-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and had a quick question. I'm planning on using the money I make on here at restaurants down at Disney World (both counter service and sit-down). What's better to use for food - gift cards or Disney dollars? How do they both work at the restaurants? Sorry if this has been asked before. I just found out about this site and was hoping to make a little extra money for our trip next August. Thank you!

Gift cards are definatly easier. It is always a lot easier to carry a card then it is a bunch of cash. Also you wouldn't want to cash out for too many disney dollars at once. They are like cash, so mailing them is not as safe since they can not be replaced if they are lost or stolen.

There have been posts in the past about how it is getting harder and harder for Sunshine Rewards to get disney dollars since you can only get them at the disney store and can only get a limited number at once time. So if you are doing a larger cashout I would definatly recomend the gift cards.

m 'n c
07-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I'd go for disney gift cards just because it's easier to carry a few cards than a wad of cash and the CMs can swipe them like credit cards when you use them. I'd get a few disney dollars for the snack carts since not all of them take disney gift cards.

babieemelly
07-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Thank you so much! When paying with the gift cards the balance is just left on the card if there's extra, or if it goes over we just pay the balance? Would we be able to combine two gift cards at one meal? Thank you so much, I really appreciate the info!

mirandag819
07-28-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you so much! When paying with the gift cards the balance is just left on the card if there's extra, or if it goes over we just pay the balance? Would we be able to combine two gift cards at one meal? Thank you so much, I really appreciate the info!

That is correct, the balance is left on the card if there is extra, and your reciept will tell you the balance of the card. You can combine multiple gift cards for 1 meal.

Hedy
07-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

babieemelly
07-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Welcome! :welcome:

Hi Hedy!

DisneyMa
07-28-2008, 02:41 PM
I do the same as other posters. GC for everything! I just try to keep track of how much is left on the card by wrapping the last reciept around the card. It will show the balance left on that card.

Welcome to SR