PDA

View Full Version : Bennigans closed

bajam
07-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Don't know if anyone redeems to go to Bennigans, but they are closed effective now.

http://www.nbc5i.com/newsbycounty/17024807/detail.html

I just cashed out for one last month to use for our trip in FL. Glad we got the trip in before this happened because there are none of the other restaurants around here.

sunshinecindy
07-29-2008, 01:26 PM
We still have a couple in the Tampa area that are open. They are the franchised ones. I hope a list of those come out. So far the Ponderosa and Bonanza are not affected. I sure hope they reorganize and open back up. I love Bennigans and Steak and Ale.

bajam
07-29-2008, 01:47 PM
I love Bennigans too. I was excited that there was going to be one near the hotel we stayed at in Ocala. I had never had a bad experience at a Bennigans before, but the one in Ocala was horrible. If I didn't have that SR cash out gift card we would have driven on by. My DH asked the waiter why it was so dead. His reply was "because it's Bennigans, duh". :eek: Made me a little scared to eat there. I'm sure that's one of the ones that is closed down.

We don't have any here so maybe by the next time we vacation they will all be back up and running.