PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Gift Cards Question?

PSL1013
07-31-2008, 10:26 AM
OK, I have a dumb question? :D I have never cashed out for anything other than Disney GC and always during a special Disney cashout but I think I want about $200 worth of Walmart GC's to take with me to Disney this next trip, I need to stock my new Owners Locker and we usually do some grocery shopping at Walmart too, so these would be a great help. My question is: So to get $200, do I cash out 4 separate times and will they somehow be linked together? I'll give Cindy some time before I cash out but just wanted to know how to do this. ;)

mollyeilis
07-31-2008, 12:15 PM
I can't answer absolutely for WM, but I recently cashed out for $75 in Old Navy giftcards, and Cindy simply ordered 3 $25 cards from ON, which were sent directly to me. Very easy. :) I imagine it's similar with WM, and I'm sure she notices cashouts that happen one after another.

One thing to note, though!

While cashing out, when you go to do the next $25 giftcard, do NOT click "back" and whatever you do, during the process, do NOT click "refresh". I had MEANT to cash out for only $50, but at one point during the process I had a problem and clicked "refresh" (might have gone "back" but not sure), and when I checked my Account History there were 3 cashouts. I had the SR funds to do that, but it hadn't been my plan, though it actually worked out well for me. Just wasn't my intention, and happened b/c I was not-too-bright while going through the process.

:o

Congrats!

PSL1013
07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
I can't answer absolutely for WM, but I recently cashed out for $75 in Old Navy giftcards, and Cindy simply ordered 3 $25 cards from ON, which were sent directly to me. Very easy. :) I imagine it's similar with WM, and I'm sure she notices cashouts that happen one after another.

One thing to note, though!

While cashing out, when you go to do the next $25 giftcard, do NOT click "back" and whatever you do, during the process, do NOT click "refresh". I had MEANT to cash out for only $50, but at one point during the process I had a problem and clicked "refresh" (might have gone "back" but not sure), and when I checked my Account History there were 3 cashouts. I had the SR funds to do that, but it hadn't been my plan, though it actually worked out well for me. Just wasn't my intention, and happened b/c I was not-too-bright while going through the process.

:o

Congrats!

So, after I finish ordering the first one, then go back to my account and start new and order another and etc. I've never ordered mutliple GC at one time, so I wasn't sure of the procedure but this works...as long as she knows to mail them all together to save postage. I saw a message from her to someone that she was late mailing them out because she ran out and had to get more, so she might have these to mail out? Is there a place to make a note to her while in the ordering process, I can't remember if there is or not. Thanks! :)

mollyeilis
07-31-2008, 12:42 PM
There's no place to leave a note. Just do it one after the other and she should see them all. :sunshine:

PSL1013
07-31-2008, 01:00 PM
There's no place to leave a note. Just do it one after the other and she should see them all. :sunshine:

Thank you, that's what I'll do! :thanks:

mmm611
07-31-2008, 05:39 PM
She should see all of them if you do them all at once. I cashed out for $125 in Lands End GC's about two months ago and those were sent to me as a $25 and a $100.

Blessing and Miracle
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
I love the walmart GCards. You even purchase other gift cards that they sale with them.:p

sunshinecindy
07-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Depending on the amount of cash out for Walmart, sometime I send them directly, or in Lisas case since its such a large amount, they are mailed from Walmart, and those have to be activated by a phone call to Walmart.

PSL1013
07-31-2008, 07:39 PM
Depending on the amount of cash out for Walmart, sometime I send them directly, or in Lisas case since its such a large amount, they are mailed from Walmart, and those have to be activated by a phone call to Walmart.

Either way is fine with me, I was thinking I would cash out for $200 but I'll wait until next week to do it, to let things settle down a bit for you. I'm not in any rush, I don't need them until October.