PDA

View Full Version : new dining plan maybe? cs for both meals...

cglaura
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
This is just from a blogpost...The first part about this is how they are redoing the CBR to a Pirates of the Carribean them. But this was also included, not sure if there has been an official announcement type thing yet, I'm guessing when the pricing changes come around Aug. 3rd

I like this better, so I'm not forced to eat so many TS meals (we'd never finish it). It would all depend on how much it costs I guess.

Disney also announced a revised Magic Your Way plan. For fixed price per day, guests can add a Quick Service Dining starting Jan. 11, 2009. The package offers two quick service meals and two snacks for each night of stay, as well as a refillable drink mug for unlimited refills of non-alcoholic beverages at Disney resort hotels.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/07/pirates-of-the.html

Hedy
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
It's been showing on a lot of British sites, I've heard speculation it may be a UK only thing, but who knows.

MooseBrains
07-31-2008, 01:01 PM
The UK is first to get the FD offers and it seems that sets the precedence for the rest of us in the States. You can almost bank on what the Brits are offered to come to us later.

I still like the dining plan with the TS as it gives me an opportunity to eat place I would normally not consider.

MKelley226
07-31-2008, 01:47 PM
I read this last night and went searching for some more rumor threads. I hope this new option is just another level. I like having a TS meal too...gave us a chance to sit and rest and enjoy a meal instead of rushing and gave us a chance to try some new places and character meals...making everything pre-paid worked for us and we didn't have to worry about anything. We went in 2006 when tip was still included. We are planning to return next year, so I am very anxious to see what is in store next year.

iluvamystery89
07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
if it's offered at a much lower price, it would be an option for those who don't care about TS/character meals. it wouldn't work for us though, because DH has got to have his Biergarten pork schnitzel and Crystal Palace flank steak, lol.

linanglab
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
I really like the pirate themed room and I also like the option for 2 CS meals and 2 snacks. We usually only eat a couple of the sit down (some off site too). So for us, it could be a better option. I will be anxious to see if it comes true, and what the prices will be. Something we may consider using next summer!

jenvance
07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
I heard that it is going to be between $25 and $27 a day for adults don't know about kids

luvdisney00
08-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I heard it's going to be next year's FD offer with an opportunity to upgrade to the current plan. It seems like they are offering less and less for our disney dollar.

linanglab
08-01-2008, 10:05 AM
For CS meals, are drinks included? I am trying to figure if it is worth it. I am not sure it would save us $$ necessarily, but it would be more convenient. With or without that plan, I think we would spend about the same....

luvdisney00
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
On the current DDP a drink is included in each CS meal. We love the convienience of having everything paid upfront. It's great to just hand them your card, and know there is no bill at the end. I do think we save $$ too, but you have to figure out what your family will eat and see if it makes sense. I like having 1 TS each day, so the new CS plan doesn't make sense for us. We could never eat 2 CS and 1 TS (if we bought the new plan and added a TS when we wanted one) in a day, it is just too much food. We found the DDP (1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack) to be great last year, but it is a LOT of eating. I can't even imagine th DxDP, but that's just me.

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I think that's a great alternative for a lot of people, but we'll stick to a TS every day too. I really like the opportunity to take a short break and sit down and relax together and try out all the amazing food.

About 2 or 3 months ago, Becka came in one day and started talking about how much she was missing the Disney food. :rotfl:

cglaura
08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Ok, I just found this on allearsnet:
Adults $29.99 per person per night; children 3-9 $8.99 per person per night

I averaged it out with the cheapo amount items, like cheeseburgers, and it seems to save about $4 per day, plus the free mug (I'm thinking allears meant to put "resort" mug like they had on all the other dining pkgs, but wouldn't a mug to refill anywhere be sweet!!!) .

I'm sure some lunch places have nicer food like wraps and stuff in which case you'd save even more. I think I'd like it just for the convenience and no cash to carry. Now if I could just get one of those lovely 40% codes for a package :p

And I figure I could just use it for breakfast & a CS lunch or dinner on the days I do a TS meal.

2009 Magic Your Way + Quick Service Dining Plan

The Magic Your Way Package Plus Quick Service Dining offers you an easy and affordable way to experience a wide variety of participating Disney restaurants. The package includes everything in the 2008 Magic Your Way Base package -- Disney Resort accommodations, a Magic Your Way Base Ticket, etc., plus an arcade card valid for 30 minutes of game play at resort arcades (one per room) -- and a Quick Service Dining Plan that offers the following:

-- 2 Quick Service Meals per person per night: One Entree OR one complete Combo meal, dessert (lunch/dinner) or One juice (breakfast) & One single non-alcoholic beverage

-- 2 Snacks per person per night: Choose from items such as frozen ice-cream novelty, box of popcorn, single piece of whole fruit, medium fountain soft drink

-- One refillable drink mug per person

The new Quick Service Dining Plan prices: Adults $29.99 per person per night; children 3-9 $8.99 per person per night

Everyone in the room must be on the same package and ticket options. All tickets must be used within 14 days of first use, unless the No Expiration Option is purchased. All dining credits must be used by midnight the last day of your stay, otherwise they expire.

Alice28
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
My mom and I are planning another short Girl's trip for next May (to eek out one more trip out of the APs!) and we're strongly considering this option. We did TS out the wazoo this last trip, and our upcoming Sept trip. I think we will want a break. We still want to make ressies for probably 2-3 sit downs, but honestly I get a little tired of the daily reservations and 'having' to be somewhere. And I'm wanting to go back to Blue Zoo, and it's not on the DDP (regular) anyway!

T1nkrules
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
We've used the dining plan each time and love it, but figure in the future we'll save the TS for the breakfasts (we love the character ones!) and have a good start to the day, then the QS for a lunch or dinner...we rarely eat three full meals! Our last visit in May the character breakfasts at Chef Mickeys, the Polynesian with Stitch and Donald Duck breakfast at Animal Kingdom were totally awesome and each one fun and unique. My grandson misses his Mickey waffles!

Sooooo...the new dining plan (?) sounds interesting and worth looking at......