PDA

View Full Version : Waterpark newbie help!

Hedy
07-31-2008, 11:35 AM
So, there's a chance we may go to TL in August. I'm a wdw waterpark newbie-will I bo ok in a rashguard and surf shorts? Goggles-should I get tinted ones for sunprotection (I wear contacts). SHould I see about buying those faux rx goggles? Do I need watershoes or should I just use flipflops (I've become somewhat psychotic about taking care of my feet)?

chipndale
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I would recommend the water shoes. We have never been to a water park in August but we have gone several times in June and the concrete is HOT! Yes, they do have areas that they keep a small spray of water on it to help keep it cool. DH has very tender feet and he can't walk from one slide to another without something on his feet. The reason I said water shoes is that flip flop are not great on slides.

Sorry I can't help about the googles - I just take my glasses off and depend on DH for reading things far away. I guess it wold depend on how bad your vision is. My father, who is blind without his contacts or glasses, wears an old pair of glasses with a strap to the pool.

Have fun!