PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Croc Lovers....

zoodoyle
07-04-2007, 08:55 PM
So I've held out until now...but I think I'm going to take the plunge and order myself a pair of crocs. Now I need some suggestions - styles? Shopping sites? How "cheap" has everyone been able to get them? Of course, if I get a pair, the kids will be begging soon, and I am an equal opportunity shopper, so I'll have to buy for them too :p Thanks for all of the suggestions!! :sunshine2:

mollyeilis
07-04-2007, 09:03 PM
I got the maryjane style from Dick's sporting goods, and I do believe I went through SR for some sort of deal (clicked through on a coupon, if that makes any sense). I don't know if google checkout is still offering money off your first order, but I also used that, and with free shipping, I think my order ended up being around $15.

I have wide feet, so I'm not sure the maryjane style was the best for me (it seems to be a bit narrower than the big duck-feet styles ( :) ), but they're alright. Now if only they stop making loud squashing noises when I wear them without socks...:p

sammielynn
07-04-2007, 09:33 PM
When shoebuy has a sale they are the best place to purchase Crocs. If you sign up on their website you always get 10% off. Free shipping and free return shipping, no tax.

m 'n c
07-04-2007, 09:37 PM
I know how you feel. Last year before I went to disney I was like no way in hell will I buy a pair of those. Now though I'm thinking they'd be good for an AK day next year. I think when I'm ready I'm going with Shoebuy.com since they do the free shipping, 10% off, no tax, and then 11% back from SR.

BF got a pair as a groomsman gift and has said they are pretty comfy. He has only worn then once though.

svwkirby
07-04-2007, 09:46 PM
I got a pair of cleo sandal style 2 weeks ago and love them. I didn't buy them online though since I wasn't sure on size. I think I'm going to get a pari of Mary Janes also eventually. My feet held up better walking around Downtown Disney in my crocs than they did in my Birkenstocks.

We went cheap for our boys though and bought them each a pair of knock offs.

jnorth1007
07-04-2007, 11:31 PM
I have bought all of our crocs from shoebuy. You get 10% off for being a sunshine member and $10 off for being a shoebuy member. Free shipping and free return shipping and they have a huge amount of styles. My last two pairs were the best. I bought a thong sandal and the insole was the only rubber part. The straps are nylon and backed in suede. They are not nearly at bulky as the other crocs styles but oh so comfortable. I cant off the top of my head remember the name of the style but the come in khaki and white, white and fuschia, white and lime and another combination. When I find out the name I will post but if you go to shoebuy and tupe in crocs and then hit view all they will show you every style they make. I also bought the Primo which are like little ballarina slippers. They are so cute. I feel like I should be in the 60's wearing hot pants when I wear them. They are cut low on the heel and the toe and run a little big. HTH! :sunshine2:

zoodoyle
07-04-2007, 11:33 PM
This past January when we went to disney I wore my sneakers and got horrible blisters on the first day, which continued to bother me the rest of the trip. Granted my next trip is not until august '08, but a girls gotta' be prepared :p I'll have to check out shoebuy.com! There's just so many choices :sunshine:

~Kathie
07-04-2007, 11:44 PM
I have bought all of our crocs from shoebuy. You get 10% off for being a sunshine member and $10 off for being a shoebuy member. Free shipping and free return shipping and they have a huge amount of styles. My last two pairs were the best. I bought a thong sandal and the insole was the only rubber part. The straps are nylon and backed in suede. They are not nearly at bulky as the other crocs styles but oh so comfortable. I cant off the top of my head remember the name of the style but the come in khaki and white, white and fuschia, white and lime and another combination. When I find out the name I will post but if you go to shoebuy and tupe in crocs and then hit view all they will show you every style they make. I also bought the Primo which are like little ballarina slippers. They are so cute. I feel like I should be in the 60's wearing hot pants when I wear them. They are cut low on the heel and the toe and run a little big. HTH! :sunshine2:

I never realized that they had so many different style options. I never really looked at them but have seen the "duck-foot" (interesting analogy :) ) style and thought it wasn't for me.

I have a pair of Waldies the Aurba style (open toe, open back) not the croc style (which they have) and I like them. They claim they are the original clog shoe.

I'll have to take a look at Shoebuy and see what they have. Thanks for the info!

Pooh's Pal
07-05-2007, 12:26 AM
I am a die hard Teva fan and wear them everywhere, including walking around Disney...I've worn them for years. But I broke down and bought a pair of Crocs through ShoeBuy . com and I'll tell you...I wore them my entire trip....walking in every Disney park.(I bought the pearl color with pink straps with Mickey's...hehehehe!)
I just bought another pair of black ones for work through Dick's Sporting Goods . com (I manage a restaurant and needed non-slips& no holes) they are soooo ugly, but my feet are so very happy!

Both ShoeBuy and Dick's ...you can go through SR too!!

Good luck, I know you'll enjoy them...at 1st I thought they were so ugly I'd never be seen in them...now, I could care less what anyone thinks..me feets think they are great!! :cooldance:

....also watch the DIS budget board....someone is always posting a sale for them somewhere!

chocovrdmicears
07-05-2007, 07:56 AM
I have worn nothing but my maryjane crocs for the past year. (minus when it snows or really rains because of the holes;) .) My entire family wore them on our past 2 Disney trips and we all LOVED them.Especially when you get caught in the FL rain...just wiped them dry and moved on! When my DH & I woke up every morning our feet were the only thing that didn't hurt! :rotfl:
I used to work in retail and was on my feet, literally for 60-70 hours a week. I tried every kind of shoe and nothing worked. I finally gave up my quest to look fashionable and started wearing the maryjane crocs. They were a miracle! :heart:

mseg16222
07-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I have been a faithful croc lover for almost 2 years. My husband won't even try them. But my 2 sons love them. At WDW last year myself and my youngest son wore them everyday to the parks. My felt were never sore nor were his. My DH and DS had there Keens on and said that there feet didn't hurt. Well we are leaving for Universal Studios in a little over a month and need new crocs. I went to Shoubuy.com and ordered 5 pairs between me and the kids. 10% off and free shipping :cooldance:

Alot of people tell me that the shoes are ugly. And I don't care they are comfortable and that says alot for shoes that can be worn all day at Disney. There are so many styles and colors you got to love them.......

docsmom
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
I bought the Nile sandals last year and just love them. :love: I bought them from the Crocs website because I could not find them in a store. They were only $19.99 and I got free shipping!

3dog2kidmom
07-05-2007, 09:09 AM
I was one of those people who swore that the crocs were so hideous I would never be caught dead in them.... until my son got his (he wears about my size) and I tried them on. Before the day was out I had ordered my own pair (cayman style, I think from Shoebuy). I wore them all day 2 different days at Disney and they were oh so comfy, except I have high arches and they rubbed a blister on the top of each foot. I covered it with moleskin the second day and am hoping once they heel I won't have any more problems.

The other thing I noticed besides happy feet is that my legs weren't sore at all after walking in them all day like they were the other days.

I have to share this picture of my DD and my friend's DD & DS in their new Disney crocs.... of course we weren't smart enough to order theirs in advance but we did buy them with our SR Disney Gift Cards at the park :sunshine2:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/IMG_3836.jpg

zoodoyle
07-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm done for!!!!!! I just checked out the jibbitz website.... HOW CUTE!!! I could spend a fortune there - of course, I haven't actually purchased the crocs yet, but that's a minor detail :p They have muppet charms - they are my fav!! Everybody should wear a Swedish Chef on their shoe :rotfl: Sooo cool!!! :sunshine: And lots of adorable disney ones. I'm definitely hooked now...... bye bye budget..... :sunshine2:

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 02:55 PM
FYI the thong Croc sandals I got that I just love are called Capri. So wonderful!!! :sunshine2:

m 'n c
07-05-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm done for!!!!!! I just checked out the jibbitz website.... HOW CUTE!!! I could spend a fortune there - of course, I haven't actually purchased the crocs yet, but that's a minor detail :p They have muppet charms - they are my fav!! Everybody should wear a Swedish Chef on their shoe :rotfl: Sooo cool!!! :sunshine: And lots of adorable disney ones. I'm definitely hooked now...... bye bye budget..... :sunshine2:

can you post a link to these jibbitz things? I'm interested in seeing them. Do they actually stay on crocs or do they fall off and break?

I swear last year I was swearing crocs off but the thought of cute pink shoes with accessories on them is getting to me. My fashion board would disown me if they saw me posting in this thread.

zoodoyle
07-05-2007, 04:53 PM
can you post a link to these jibbitz things? I'm interested in seeing them. Do they actually stay on crocs or do they fall off and break?

I swear last year I was swearing crocs off but the thought of cute pink shoes with accessories on them is getting to me. My fashion board would disown me if they saw me posting in this thread.

http://www2.jibbitz.com/store/

They seem like buttons, so they should fit snug and not fall out. I also was swearing off crocs....but now I can't wait to get some ordered :cooldance:

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Using this might cause you not to get your rewards. Shoebuy is VERY strict about only using certain codes.

sunshinemckenzie
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Thats what I was wondering if it would or not. I don't want that to happen to anyone so I will pull it. Thanks Janet. Didn't know if we could use it or not:)

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Unfortunately I dont really know if it will mess up the credits or not. This is shoebuys own program so it may not but I want everyone to be aware that it could. If anyone wants to be the guinea pig and try it do so at your own risk LOL. Let us know what happens.

sunshinemckenzie
07-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Unfortunately I dont really know if it will mess up the credits or not. This is shoebuys own program so it may not but I want everyone to be aware that it could. If anyone wants to be the guinea pig and try it do so at your own risk LOL. Let us know what happens.

hahaha I already deleted it. I would rather be safe than sorry for all of us.