PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding

jnorth1007
08-05-2008, 08:26 AM
We are a family of 5 and we have always stayed in 2 rooms at POP. We are going again in October of 2009 and since I have plenty of time to pay for it I was thinking of trying one of the mods or deluxes. The problem? I don't know which one or what kind of room. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have stayed at POR with Brandon and I know that 2 rooms at POP would be better than all of us in 1 of the POR rooms that are made for 5. I also know that 2 rooms at POP are better than 1 family suite at ASM. How do they compare to one room at a deluxe like WIlderness lodge though? I just don't have any experience with those to know what would be a better deal as far as space is concerned.

ligrumpygirl
08-05-2008, 08:53 AM
What about renting at a DVC? I believe there are rooms at AKL that can now fit 5.

schaery
08-05-2008, 09:06 AM
What about the cabins at FW? They have changed those to mod category. Would definitely have room for all of you plus a kitchen and lots of activities for the kids.

askomsky
08-05-2008, 09:27 AM
What about the cabins at FW? They have changed those to mod category. Would definitely have room for all of you plus a kitchen and lots of activities for the kids.

I jsut watched one of the Disney shows that I DVR'd I think Disney on a Dime and the FW lodge looked awesome! I think if we stayed OP that's where I would want to stay.

jenvance
08-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I would love to stay at the fort wilderness cabins, they look beautiful.

MamaO
08-05-2008, 08:29 PM
My brother, sil, and their kids always stay at the FW cabins - they won't stay anywhere else, and the kids love it there. I didn't look closely at the sleeping arrangements when I was in their cabin, but spacewise they would sure hold 5.

JOLAROCHE
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
I love the deluxes but you only have one bathroom. I have done it with 5 and it does work. but it is a thing to think about. The reason I will not do a value is the double bed. I cannot sleep in a double bed with someone. I have problem with one of my arms and need more room

luvdisney00
08-05-2008, 11:16 PM
We are a family of 5 and we fit perfectly in the room at the Poly. It is 2 queen size beds and a day bed which is about the size of a twin. It's one bathroom, but it's big with plenty of room for toiletries and stuff, and they have very nice sized closets. You also get a refrigerator and a little food storage area (no microwave though). It's a nice room and we fit fine, DH and I each sleep with 1 girl in a queen, and my oldest DD takes the daybed. From what I hear the rooms at BC are the same.

We love being on the monorail, and being close to MK. The rooms at WL, though only sleep 4.

jnorth1007
08-05-2008, 11:20 PM
When I try to get prices it is giving me a deluxe room at WL that sleeps five. It is 2,000 more than 2 rooms at POP and I am trying to figure out what I will be getting with a room at any of the deluxes that I won't get with 2 rooms at POP. With 2 POP rooms I will have 4 double beds with 5 people but 3 of those people are under 5. We would have 2 bathrooms and 2 tvs and two tables and two of everything. It is looking like the deluxe would be a better deal for me and brandon to do a parents only trip. It isn't the money that is an issue but why pay more for less room? I just want to know what I am getting for that $2000.

jnorth1007
08-05-2008, 11:28 PM
This is what they are offering me at WL:

All rooms have two queen-size beds and one queen-size sleeper sofa, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks and bath. Sleeps 6. The Deluxe Rooms have a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, refrigerator, coffeemaker and additional television. All Deluxe Rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, robes, voice mail, high-speed data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Deluxe Rooms are located on the first six floors and offer a view of Bay Lake, woodlands or interior courtyard areas of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Old Faithful Club, located on the seventh floor, offers Club Level services, including advanced Walt Disney World? Resort Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secured key access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to Club Level Lounge with coffee, tea, beer, continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary fax assistance and an opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom? Park.

SunshineGirl
08-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I would also compare renting some DVC points from someone. I think we rented ours out for about $250 a night for a one bedroom in October (weekdays...I don't know about weekends).

jnorth1007
08-05-2008, 11:48 PM
That probably would be the most for my money but I am not sure my nervous system could handle being that out of control of my hotel LOL. I might actually have a breakdown worrying about it.

luvdisney00
08-06-2008, 10:23 AM

All rooms have two queen-size beds and one queen-size sleeper sofa, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks and bath. Sleeps 6. The Deluxe Rooms have a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, refrigerator, coffeemaker and additional television. All Deluxe Rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, robes, voice mail, high-speed data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Deluxe Rooms are located on the first six floors and offer a view of Bay Lake, woodlands or interior courtyard areas of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Old Faithful Club, located on the seventh floor, offers Club Level services, including advanced Walt Disney World? Resort Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secured key access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to Club Level Lounge with coffee, tea, beer, continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary fax assistance and an opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom? Park.

WOW! I have always gotten a message that the resort doesn't fit my party size on the disney site if I try to put in WL for 5 people. Is this something new? Another option for us, I'd love to try WL. How does the price of this room compare to other deluxes?

Hedy
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM

Sounds like this might be a conceirge level room-so add in the cost of food for breakfast and dinner snacks in your fuzzy Disney math.

faithhope
08-06-2008, 10:56 AM
We always stay at the Wilderness Lodge Cabins (at the campground).

I like it for the kitchen...and the separate room (my father snores !!!)

We usually get a nice discount on this since my father is a AP, and the time of year we go.

You get
-one bedroom - crammed with a double bed and a set of bunk beds. This sleeps my husband and I and the two kids.
-only one bathroom
- kitchen and table to eat at
-murphy bed (folds out of wall) I think this one is bigger than the one in the bedroom... but not sure since I haven't slept in it.

I think you have better deals listed already in this thread though... this place worked great when the kids were little... but they are not so little anymore...so I'll be reading this thread to see what options we have.

Pooh's Pal
08-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I have to agree with Sunshine Girl...I think renting points from a DVC member is the way to go. Remember you can have the member add on the dining plan and magical express, although you'd have to buy your park tickets directly through Disney or a Authorized ticket broker yourself, which sometimes can be cheaper. And all of the DVC resorts are beautiful, you'll get spoiled, I'm sure.

Also what faithhope said, try the Cabins at FW..they are roomy enough for your family of 5, in-fact I'd love to try them sometime. They are now listed as a Moderate resort by Disney standards, although the prices have not come down to the moderate prices..lol BUT, they often discount them during the winter months..keep watching for those specials.

I have a daughter-in-law that has 3 kiddos and when they went last May, they chose to stay in two rooms at POP, they said they loved having the extra room, kiddos in one and they took the other, leaving the connecting door open. Remember there is a difference between connecting and adjoining rooms, in Disney's eyes.

Good luck in whatever you choose. ;)

jnorth1007
08-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Sounds like this might be a conceirge level room-so add in the cost of food for breakfast and dinner snacks in your fuzzy Disney math.

Do you mean take these off of the price I would be paying for food since I would get these free in the lounge?

jnorth1007
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
I dont think the FW cabins are what we are looking for. First I don't cook anything while at Disney. We will be getting the deluxe dining plan so that we could feasibly have a sit down meal at all three meals. I really want to try one of the resorts that has BOATLOADS of theming. Brandon has always wanted to do WL. The kids would love AKL. I would love any of them. I just don't know what to do.

jnorth1007
08-06-2008, 01:58 PM
WOW! I have always gotten a message that the resort doesn't fit my party size on the disney site if I try to put in WL for 5 people. Is this something new? Another option for us, I'd love to try WL. How does the price of this room compare to other deluxes?

Here is the pricing I just got from them. Value season the Junior Suite Deluxe at WL with 7 days 6 of which are value season and one which is regular season is $4244.41 for room only for 5 people. The room is 500 sq. ft. It has 2 queen beds and a bath and a half. The sleeping area is seperated from the rest of the room. It also is considered club level so you get all of the amenities that come with that including breakfast and snacks. I am looking at 2047.00 more for that than 2 rooms at POP. Hmmm. Should I take this once in a lifetime experience??? I have over a year to save for it.

disney_girl
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Personally, I think it sounds like something you all would really enjoy to do and it could be that wonderful one time experience. You have time to save for it too. Could you book it and then change to values later if you changed your mind?

We stayed in the GF Concierge before and loved it- that was however before kids and we've never done the dining plan. I would love to try the WL- it's beautiful!

jnorth1007
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
OK I bit the bullet and made my ressies. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is really going to be the trip of a lifetime. Now I need to go do some of the new offers to make money to pay for it ROFL

disney_girl
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
OK I bit the bullet and made my ressies. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. This is really going to be the trip of a lifetime. Now I need to go do some of the new offers to make money to pay for it ROFL

Yay!! I'm excited for you!!! It will be an awesome trip and you will have fun planning!!

Pooh's Pal
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Awesome for you..I stayed ONE night back in 2004 in the Jr. Suite at WL..it was lovely.

luvdisney00
08-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Sounds great Janet, I think deluxe is well worth the extra money, we can't always do it, but we do it when we can. The room sounds great, and I'll bet it is wonderful to be in concierge. Happy planning!

m4travels
08-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Go have fun, Janet!!! Woo Hoo!!! :banana:

m 'n c
08-08-2008, 09:16 AM
If only you had enough time you could totally do it in daily surveys. You'd just need to complete 9,375 surveys. If you threw in the OTX surveys every day it would only be 4,839 days worth of both surveys to pay your entire trip off.

So yeah you might need to be looking at freebies too...

Anna
08-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Wow...concierge....I SO want to do that some day! :sunshine2:

Sounds like a great trip Janet!:banana: