PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions re: games

llgray16
07-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I was thinking that since it seems that many of us are really enjoying the Games here at SR, I was wondering if we could get a Games forum where we could actually discuss the games there? Maybe we could also put some of the nightly games there as well? I for one would love to learn some tips about playing some of these games!

Also, I know there has been an issue with non-SR members plaing the games. I personally wouldn't be opposed to paying a minimal amount to be able to play games (say maybe $1 a month.) Maybe even free access to games could become another SM perk? Don't get me wrong - I love having the games for free. I was just thinking that maybe it would cut down on use by non-members and reduce your hosting expenses?

jnorth1007
07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
I don't know if you knew that there is a games thread on the technical forum that can be used to discuss anything game related you would like, and has been used alot LOL.

llgray16
07-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't know if you knew that there is a games thread on the technical forum that can be used to discuss anything game related you would like, and has been used alot LOL.

Yeah, I knew that but with 20+ games it would be hard to get any sort of discussion about particular games going. I think it would be nice to a reference to go to when you are playing a game and can't figure out what the heck you have to do!

Anyways, just a suggestion :)

jnorth1007
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I think you are right. I never considered that maybe you would want seperate thread for each game. Hopefully Tricia or Sunshineguy will see this when they get in and let you know if they can add a forum for games.

SunshineGirl
07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
We can definitely do this. There is even an option in the site to do the "sponsorship" thing like they have on the DIS. So you could pay a very small fee and we could add a section of exclusive games for that. Maybe even use that money just to upgrade the forum server so that the games would be even faster.

I'll talk to SunshineGuy today and see what he thinks is doable. Adding a new forum is a piece of cake though.

bbangel
07-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I love the sponsorship idea. There is no way for me to ever make SM status, but I would love to be a Sunshine Sponsor! :sunshine:

llgray16
07-06-2007, 02:21 PM
We can definitely do this. There is even an option in the site to do the "sponsorship" thing like they have on the DIS. So you could pay a very small fee and we could add a section of exclusive games for that. Maybe even use that money just to upgrade the forum server so that the games would be even faster.

I'll talk to SunshineGuy today and see what he thinks is doable. Adding a new forum is a piece of cake though.

That would be great! :sunshine:

tommygirl79
07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
I personally think this is a great idea all around! I would be willing to donate $1.00 - could it be automatically deducted from our SR account????? :confused:

Jusacuz
07-06-2007, 03:31 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because as much as I love the games, I wouldn't pay to play them. It sort of defeats the purpose of SR for me. I come here to earn money, not spend it at the very same site. It's hard enough for me to make supermember each quarter.

Of course, I'm sure that there will be plenty of members willing to.

A separate games forum for the individual games would be nice, though.