PDA

View Full Version : Anyone waiting for the Codes for Oct, Nov & Dec

IckyMickey
08-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I am so excited to see if codes come out Monday for Oct, Nov & Dec!!! I have been (im)patiently watching the disboard forum and can't stand it much longer!!!! :banana: Is anyone else waiting????

We're going 11/20-11/29 to the Pop and I'm hoping to saving at least $600!! I LOVE saving money! Then I've got more to spend! :D

We went in Oct '06 after getting a special email from Disney Visa and our entire trip for 9 nights with the DDP, and airfare for the 4 of us was under $3000! A few days later a code came out for the general public. Now that DS11 is considered an adult, we are paying more for him. That's ok, it's a vacation that we've saved for!

I just had to verbalize my excitement somewhere, and I was a little afraid I'd get flamed if I posted it on the dis code thread! :thanks:

nurseminnie76
08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I am waiting also. DD and I are going Oct 19-23. I just had to change my ressie this week due to family circumstances. We changed from Contemporary to Pop. The good thing is I had already paid more than what Pop is going to cost me so I already have a credit on my room for charges. I'm hoping a code will come out Monday and then I will have even more spending money. :p

I'm like you -- I've been checking the DIS code thread but wouldn't dare post over there.

askomsky
08-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Quick question, these codes everyone talks about are they for Disney Visa holders, DVC or when you book and stay on site? Disney's ressies and all that is still somewhat "new" to me.

Blessing and Miracle
08-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Quick question, these codes everyone talks about are they for Disney Visa holders, DVC or when you book and stay on site? Disney's ressies and all that is still somewhat "new" to me.

April, don't feel left out. This is all new to me too. I'm glad you asked as I would like to know this also. :blush:

Magical JenK
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for a code for Dec 8th-18th!! All the codes for Dec so far have been through the 13th!!

April & Lisa-

We're talking codes that Disney has out for certain dates. The could be public (available to anyone), AP, or Disney Visa Holders. I don't think there is ever codes for DVC since they "own" their stay you know??

Go to the disboards or wdwinfo.com & you can see the discounts that Disney currently has. Not many people know about the public codes. Sometimes Disney will send out emails or postcards w/codes (aka PIN codes), but those are only good for the person they were sent to. The public codes are available to all, but if you don't ask, chances are they won't tell.

Before ever booking I always check out to see what codes are available. Then I have my TA apply the code.

It's a game, but it's a fun game!!

schaery
08-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm still waiting - hoping - for Disney Visa discount. Seems like it was out about the 1st week of August last year. Then, again, all the values, and I think all the mods, are booked 12/7 - 12/13, when I'm going, so maybe they don't see the need to give discounts then.

askomsky
08-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for a code for Dec 8th-18th!! All the codes for Dec so far have been through the 13th!!

April & Lisa-

We're talking codes that Disney has out for certain dates. The could be public (available to anyone), AP, or Disney Visa Holders. I don't think there is ever codes for DVC since they "own" their stay you know??

Go to the disboards or wdwinfo.com & you can see the discounts that Disney currently has. Not many people know about the public codes. Sometimes Disney will send out emails or postcards w/codes (aka PIN codes), but those are only good for the person they were sent to. The public codes are available to all, but if you don't ask, chances are they won't tell.

Before ever booking I always check out to see what codes are available. Then I have my TA apply the code.

It's a game, but it's a fun game!!

Thanks for clarifying Jen! So are those the only two (or main two) sites that would have the public codes listed?

catnapfan
08-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Dh got a PIN code in the mail 2 days ago. It's $371 per adult for 5 nights at a value resort. For stays 9/28-11/25, 11/29-12/3, and 12/13-12/23. We are going to WDW in 2 weeks so we won't be going again this year. Although I would love to see the x-mas decorations, and we have a discount, maybe.........

gpp2001
08-09-2008, 11:43 PM
I am waiting - I just put in a request to a travel agent for two nights before our cruise in October - not the SR cruise - already had a 7 day Double dip booked!!

I requested a Deluxe, a moderate and a value resort. For some reason DD 8 likes Pop Century - I prefer Wilderness Lodge!!

Magical JenK
08-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks for clarifying Jen! So are those the only two (or main two) sites that would have the public codes listed?

No, mousesavers.com & allearsnet.com are my other two reference sites too. (There are plenty more I'm sure!!) I like to visit disboards because you can kind of get a feel of what everyone else is finding before searching yourself (aka the lazy way of finding out if the codes are out!!):o.

You could also call Disney reservations (1-407-Disney) & ask if there are any discounts available for the dates you are going. Sometimes there are PIN codes assigned to you through their system (different than public codes), but they should also look for any public codes too.

What I've found is if you call (Disney reservations, AAA TA, or another TA), to have the codes (3 digit--usually alpha) ready & say you want to apply this code to a reservation...or get a quote w/this code. Best to be over prepared & know what you're talking about....some (not all) TA's aren't watching the boards like we are & don't realize a code is out at all.

Once I had to tell my AAA TA (who I love dearly) that free dining was out..she had no idea. I had to give her the codes because she said Disney hadn't told them about it yet.

Mousesavers has a great listing of when past discounts were available for certain dates. I believe the last 2 years the Oct/Nov/Dec public codes came out mid-August...so that's why we're thinking (hoping) Monday codes will be out!!

And not to get totally OT here, but I really do think that being educated in what you want re: park tickets, hotel, etc is really important when dealing w/some TAs. Yesterday, my friend had a TA tell her that if she wanted to go to the MNSSHP she needed a park ticket in addition to the event ticket. My friend has been to hard ticket events 3 times (MNSSHP & P&PP) & knows that was not the case then, but she second guessed herself when the TA told her that.

So I find it's ALWAYS in your best interest to do all the homework & research you can on your trip (price it on the Disney site, figure out the AAA discount, price out separately the tickets & the hotel, figure out if the dining plan is a good deal for you & your family by looking at the menus--AllEarsNet.com has most--, price out airfare, etc) THEN call either Disney or a TA. In my opinion, you spend so much money for a Disney trip, it's worth the research...if you were buying a TV for $3000 wouldn't you do the research??

Ok, getting off my soapbox now!!:mickey:

Oh & BTW...what I'm talking about all pertains to Disney owned properties only.

pbhall13
08-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Last weekend I rec'd an email code which I applied to my Poly stay (save about $250) and the other day I rec'd a postcard in the mail with a special code...didn't call on that one yet.......will post if it is better!!

pamela

eaglesdare
08-10-2008, 09:58 AM
wow, i can't believe its that time of year already! i went last december with grandaughter because of the discount codes. it was just too good to pass up especially with gd being under 3 at the time.

i wished i could go again, but i have to wait til april.

OhMari
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I received a 40% off code last February and I applied it to our November trip. I just gave up AKL for 2 nites. We are have a 3 way split stay. It would have been 4. My dh would of killed me.

mrsksomeday
08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Hi OhMari, nice to see you!!! I am waiting on a code, we have an AP and hoping to get a great one!!

SunshineGirl
08-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Hi OhMari, nice to see you!!! I am waiting on a code, we have an AP and hoping to get a great one!!

Welcome, new poster. :)

mrsksomeday
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks Tricia, I know OhMari from the DIS!!

time2go
08-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I received a pin code and made my reservation today for mid-November. 4 nights and 5 days for DH and me. :cooldance: It's our anniversary trip. Great thing is my bonus from work (I have to use it for a trip), my Sunshine account and my Disney Reward dollars are paying for it! We will only need fun money! Getting a great rate thru Southwest to fly. I can't wait!! I'm just sorry I will miss the Osbourne lights.

IckyMickey
08-10-2008, 10:50 PM
I've never received a special pin code. I wish I knew why. Disney even stopped sending me their "Hello" email. I think it's because I had already made ressie's with them last November. :confused:

Well, hopefully when I wake up tomorrow the Disney Visa card code will be out. As Jen said, about 3 days later that special will be released to the general public to use. I'll check my email and the disboards when my DH gets up.

I've got butterflies! I hope I can sleep tonight!

Hedy
08-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks Tricia, I know OhMari from the DIS!!

Lovely to see you here! :sunshine2::sunshine2::sunshine2:

It was a year ago Monday I got the code for my Dec 07 trip. :)

schaery
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
got the postcard in the mail today for discount on 11/29 - 12/3 and 12/13/ - 23. BUT I'm going 12-7 - 13. I called CM just to see if maybe they'd tell me if Disney Visa would be coming out with a discount for that time period and she said the only thing she knows is that Disney has told them that 12/4 - 12/12 are black out dates. Hope that doesn't apply to DV also. :cry:

mdapiggy
08-13-2008, 10:05 AM
AP Codes out today just saved $37.00 on my inlaws reservation for December.

IckyMickey
08-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Congrats mdapiggy. $37 is better than nothing!

I wonder if the Code Fairy will grant our wish tonight and there will be a code tomorrow when we wake up?

Sweet dreams to all of us who are waiting!! :snore:

Magical JenK
08-13-2008, 10:05 PM
:wizard::wizard::wizard::mickey:
Pixie Dust for all of us!!

Magical JenK
08-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok, the codes that came out only work for 1/2 my trip. I let my AAA TA know about the codes today & she said she was going to get back to me....well of course, like a freak, I've been watching the code thread on disboards & it was posted that you can book/price them online....

So I do for all my dates (rather than a split stay between this code & the AAA discount)...just to see...and I can save almost $200!! I'm thrilled!! HOWEVER, I emailed that info to my TA right away & I haven't heard back from her yet!! :eek:

Of course I'm freaking out because what IF by the time she does it, the availbility is gone? What IF???? Aggghhh...I'm one of THOSE people today!! :o

sammielynn
08-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Poor Jen, hope it works out.

Magical JenK
08-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Poor Jen, hope it works out.

I know right...the horror!! :rolleyes: The things we get our undies in bunches over I tell ya!!:p

But I did just hear back from my TA & she is able to get me the discounted amount for my dates. No need to split the stay or anything! Yay!! :banana: I even thought about adding another night on to make up for the difference, but to switch airfare was a little higher than I wanted to pay for that.:o

Did anyone else get in on the discounts? I was able to save nearly $200! ($191 to be exact!) Yay!!

nurseminnie76
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Yay Jen -- Glad you were able to get a discount. :banana:

My AAA TA was able to save me $205 on my dates. This is awesome for me, because I had already overpaid anyway. I originally booked Contemporary but then changed to POP. So now I have a $500 credit on my room that I can use for charges once I get there. :banana:

So... I was able to get 4 nights at POP, 4 day park hoppers, plus the deluxe dining plan for one adult and one child for $1095. I'm thrilled with the discounts!

Magical JenK
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh wow Lea Ann! You did FANTASTIC!! How great that you have such a nice cushion credit when you get there too! Time for shopping!! :0) Congrats!!

IckyMickey
08-14-2008, 06:31 PM
That's great Lea Ann & Jen! I've read quite a few posts where people wait a long time for their TA's to get back to them, glad that it worked out for you!

Unfortunately there was no discount for me. I'm staying at the Pop from 11/20-11/29 and there was no "availability" during that time for us. Even a hundred dollar discount for my 9 night stay would have made me feel great.

Oh well, my sister's "help" (aka rent) while she lived with us paid for the trip. (She was here from April 2007 until the end of July! I don't know how we got along that long! :angel:)

I'm kind of upset with Disney Visa and with Disney right now. I know they are in the business of making money, but it's all those expectations and all the CM's that don't know what they're talking about, and I hate paying full price! I'm going out with friends for margaritas tonight (oh, and dinner), so hopefully the DV discount won't show up tomorrow at 6:00 am. :rolleyes:

Anna
08-14-2008, 08:21 PM
Won't help me for my dates :( 12/27/08 - 01/04/09 :(

Oh well...

nurseminnie76
08-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Time for shopping!! :0) Congrats!!

You are so right. I can't wait to go shopping! :p

disneyforever
08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, still a little confused here... :blush:

Are these codes for room only, room + passes, or room + passes + meals?

DH and I will be in WDW Nov 29 - Dec 12 and I see on Disboards that someone said they got a code that discounted their stay from Nov 29 - Dec 3. It didn't say what was discounted.

DH and I have annual passes, but our friend is planning on buying a 10 day hopper pass. We have a timeshare off site to stay in from Dec 5-12 - but need a room all together from Nov 29-Dec 4.

Can anyone help me figure this all out? Confused :confused:

Oh, and I do not have AAA. Do I need it to get these discounts?

Magical JenK
08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Elaine-
They announced public codes--good for anyone--today. The discount is for packages at this time...(no room only discounts were announced today). So that would mean you need room & tickets. Yesterday AP rates were announced though so maybe that will help you if you haven't already checked on that.

The Disney website was updated to reflect the discounts so if you want to play around the site to see what you can get, go to Tickets & Reservations, then Special Offers & then select the 4night/5 day Fall Special...or something like that.

When the offers come up, they will say something like Oct-Dec Rates. You can book online or you can book through a TA or Disney. However, since you won't need tickets it would only be a package if you each got at least a 1 day base ticket (assuming you're all staying in the same room).

Hope this helps!

IckyMickey
08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Well, I called to see if any rooms had opened up at the Pop for the discount and they hadn't.

I asked to have the hotels priced that were available.

So, for my 10 day, 10 days of tix, and DDP,

Pop (original ressie) $3335

All-Star $2700 (saving $650)

Coronado Spring $3175 (saving $150)

So, I decided to switch to the Coronado. My step-dad who is going with us needs a King which AS can't guarantee and I think that the busses for the week of Thanksgiving that have to stop at all 3 AS' will be very crowded. I think I'm really going to miss the Pop though. I'm not as excited as I wish I was.:confused: I love to save money so it's hard to justify to my cheap self staying at the Coronado instead of AS. But, I AM saving money so that does make me a little happy. :)

DisGal71
08-16-2008, 09:37 AM
I have been waiting for the discounts to come out as well, made two calls to Disney last night and was able to apply the passholder discount, which saved $55, we are staying at coronado, 11/28-12/1. Since I was hoping to save more, I kept going through the dis looking for any other possible codes, I found DGE, I just called and that is saving me an additional $50. It overrode the passholder discount for a total savings of $100 :banana:
So for anyone who is still looking try that code.

sweetiee
08-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I just saw this thread and I'm interested. BUT, we aren't going until January. When should I start looking for these discounts to come out for Jan, or do they even do them? We are going the end of the month of Jan.
What sites are the best to look at and where do I go?
I don't know how you all know where to go and look. I need some tutoring in this! We do have a Disney Visa and just recently joined AAA, so should I be doing my booking through AAA?

DisGal71
08-16-2008, 12:11 PM
I know in the past they have released discounts for passholders and florida residents for Jan dates , not sure about AAA or Disney Visa.

Magical JenK
08-16-2008, 09:28 PM
AAA 2009 rates are already available for you. There is nothing for Disney Visa holders right now. For AAA, if you want the dining plan, you must book through AAA to get the discount. If you don't want the dining plan, you can book through Disney (or I think a Disney specific travel agency like Dreams Unlimited). I always book w/AAA first to get at least the AAA discount & then I watch for other codes & then have my AAA TA apply the new discounts.

The two sites that I find the most info on the discounts are mousesavers.com & disboards.com.

If I were to guess when public codes would come out for Jan 09 would be end of Sept/early Oct...but that's just my guess.

HTH

jakeandsophiesmom
08-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Saw the code last weekend and didn't know if I could use it for our Dec trip since a few of our dates were not included but I called anyway to check and I'm soooo glad I did! We saved almost $700 on our trip!! Woo Hoo!!:banana: Now, what can I spend that money on????

askomsky
08-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Saw the code last weekend and didn't know if I could use it for our Dec trip since a few of our dates were not included but I called anyway to check and I'm soooo glad I did! We saved almost $700 on our trip!! Woo Hoo!!:banana: Now, what can I spend that money on????

Not sure but maybe some more time to finish your trip report that i'm dying to hear all about!!! :rotfl:

Whoo hoo! congrats on saving so much money! That's awesome!!