PDA

View Full Version : Letter from CRM rewards, haha

cglaura
08-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I received a letter today from CRM Rewards Department that they were trying to reach my on my voice mail #, and they have "Good News!!".

So I call their 1-800 # and I won a 2night/3day vacation anywhere!

All I have to do is give my CC# to process shipping of my voucher! :rolleyes:

I feel so sorry because I know there are people, especially seniors who must fall for this every day.

So just in case you get a letter, which came by oh so official bulk meter, no signature needed mail haha.

mirandag819
08-11-2008, 01:25 PM
HAHA I know there are some people who fall for that stuff, but I just don't get how many people do and how many are so surprised it was a scam. That is funny though because DH just called to tell me I recieved a cashiers check for 4000 some dollars in the mail today as pre-payment for mystery shopping HAHAHA Yeah Right !

A quick internet search turned up this article about the company who sent me the check:

http://sandspuronline.com/article?id=300672

I knew it was a scam as soon as he said I got a 4000 dollar check, but I just had to find an article proving it !

spring
08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
HAHA I know there are some people who fall for that stuff, but I just don't get how many people do and how many are so surprised it was a scam. That is funny though because DH just called to tell me I recieved a cashiers check for 4000 some dollars in the mail today as pre-payment for mystery shopping HAHAHA Yeah Right !

A quick internet search turned up this article about the company who sent me the check:

http://sandspuronline.com/article?id=300672

I knew it was a scam as soon as he said I got a 4000 dollar check, but I just had to find an article proving it !

I got that same one a couple of weeks ago! It looked like a real check, too. I ripped it up and tossed it.

lanny76
08-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I got that same one a couple of weeks ago! It looked like a real check, too. I ripped it up and tossed it.

I got something similar to that a while back, too - it went in file 13, also. I don't trust that sort of thing - I don't start turning somersaults and cartwheels thinking that free money just dropped out of the sky into my hot little hands! I've got a suspicious mind.
Got some email too, about an urgent check payment waiting for me too - a real official letter from some British official. Yeah, right.

mia214jia
08-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I got one better than that! Our local news just did a story about a woman who kept getting calls from a automated source and at the end it stated should coupress pound to hear how she could get the calls to end. When she did it told her to enter her CC# an for a ONE-TIME fee of $70.00 they would stop calling :banana: ?! So she hung up and called the BBB they told her to call the FBI she gave them the # from her caller ID.
She is in her 70's good thing she was clear minded and not feable like some others who probably would have fallen for that.
Havent heard yet who it was.

Its a sad sad sad world!!!! Good thing we have SR :sunshine:

kim2430
08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I got that same exact letter today from CRM! Ugh!!