PDA

View Full Version : September trip plans

Alice28
08-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Just want to share my plans we've made so far :cooldance:

September 20th- Portland to Orlando. Long flight. Grab some nuggets at chick fil a in the airport and venture on to Magical Express. We're staying at Pop Century for just this night.

September 21st- Taxi to Boardwalk Inn/Villas and check into our DVC. Then head over to DHS. 12:20 lunch ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We're thinking maybe Beaches & Cream for dinner, or if we have the energy, we'll head into World Showcase.

September 22nd- Epcot. We have a 12:20 ADR at Chefs de France. We might head to MK for dinner, OR we will just go to Wilderness Lodge to hang out for awhile. We love the Lodge, and my parents just bought a second DVC contract here and my mom wants to check it out a little more. :sunshine:

September 23rd- Downtown Disney in AM, take it easy. Earl of Sandwich for lunch. 1900 Park Faire for dinner, followed by MNSSHP! Meeting up with some friends for this, and I cannot wait!

September 24th-Probably DHS again for a little while to hit anything we may have missed. Boma for dinner.

September 25th- Animal Kingdom. Kona Cafe for dinner and then heading to Epcot for a World Showcase Tour with some friends.

September 26th- MK in AM. We might try and hit Food and wine Festival for a little while at some point today, we'll have to see. Cape May Cafe for dinner.

September 27th- Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Head over for SpectroMagic after dinner.

September 28th- Either Epcot or MK, and we'll likely head to airport around 2pm.

Sunni
08-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Sounds like fantastic plans! I really like all the places you have planned to eat at. You must be getting really excited!

LuvMyBoys
08-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Just want to share my plans we've made so far :cooldance:

September 20th- Portland to Orlando. Long flight. Grab some nuggets at chick fil a in the airport and venture on to Magical Express. We're staying at Pop Century for just this night.

September 21st- Taxi to Boardwalk Inn/Villas and check into our DVC. Then head over to DHS. 12:20 lunch ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe. We're thinking maybe Beaches & Cream for dinner, or if we have the energy, we'll head into World Showcase.

September 22nd- Epcot. We have a 12:20 ADR at Chefs de France. We might head to MK for dinner, OR we will just go to Wilderness Lodge to hang out for awhile. We love the Lodge, and my parents just bought a second DVC contract here and my mom wants to check it out a little more. :sunshine:

September 23rd- Downtown Disney in AM, take it easy. Earl of Sandwich for lunch. 1900 Park Faire for dinner, followed by MNSSHP! Meeting up with some friends for this, and I cannot wait!

September 24th-Probably DHS again for a little while to hit anything we may have missed. Boma for dinner.

September 25th- Animal Kingdom. Kona Cafe for dinner and then heading to Epcot for a World Showcase Tour with some friends.

September 26th- MK in AM. We might try and hit Food and wine Festival for a little while at some point today, we'll have to see. Cape May Cafe for dinner.

September 27th- Animal Kingdom or Epcot. Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Head over for SpectroMagic after dinner.

September 28th- Either Epcot or MK, and we'll likely head to airport around 2pm.

Sounds like quite the trip! I'm jealous! :angel:

We'll be at the MNSSHP too that night. If you see a mom with 4 boys, a baby girl, and a cranky husband......stop and say hello!! ;)

3dog2kidmom
08-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Robin, your trip is right around the corner!! :party:

disneyforever
08-22-2008, 02:12 AM
That sounds like a great trip. You are arriving the day we leave. DH and I are flying from Portland Sept 10 - 20. We are staying at OKW. I am getting sooooooo excited. I am surprising DH with tickets to MNSSHP!

luvdisney00
08-22-2008, 08:34 AM
You sound like you are all set for a great trip!! I am panicking, because I have so much left to do and plan, and time is running short. We leave on 9/17.

This is my plan.

9/17 Arrive MCO at 2pm, town car with grocery stop, arrive at Poly around 3, swim and relax a bit. dinner at 5:55 at 1900 Park Fare, Wishes at 8.

9/18 Epcot for rope drop, explore FW, lunch at Le Cellier 12:55, break, evening walking around WS, Illuminations at 9.

9/19 MK for RD quick cs lunch and back to the Poly by 1
dinner 5:10pm at Crystal Palace and MNSSHP

9/20 sleep in and then head over to AK, dinner 6:20 Boma, try to get a cab back to Poly for Wishes at 8 (the kids love watching wishes from the Poly pool)

9/21 HS for rope drop (get to Toy Story Mania!!) cs lunch and break, dinner Mama Melrose FDP 5:00, F! at 8.

9/22 check out of Poly and store luggage, breakfast at Chef Mickey 9:20, spend the day in whichever park the kids pick, flight out at 7:15pm.

Let's hope we all get a great Sept. and no storms!!!

Alice28
08-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Robin, your trip is right around the corner!! :party:

I know! Yippee! I am at $85 right now in my SR account and I'm scrambling to get to $96 so I can cash out for a $100 SM Disney card. I know I will make it, but i want it NOW. LOL. But I have 20/26 surveys, so 6 to go for that bonus.

Alice28
08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
That sounds like a great trip. You are arriving the day we leave. DH and I are flying from Portland Sept 10 - 20. We are staying at OKW. I am getting sooooooo excited. I am surprising DH with tickets to MNSSHP!

How funny- good vibes that we both have smooth flights. Who are you flying? We always fly SWA.

wilsonfamily4
08-22-2008, 08:03 PM
O, I am jealous! Make sure to do trip reports when you return. I also have to make that long flight from PDX to MCO. Southwest is so much higher right now compared to Delta for January!

3dog2kidmom
08-22-2008, 08:23 PM
You sound like you are all set for a great trip!! I am panicking, because I have so much left to do and plan, and time is running short. We leave on 9/17.

This is my plan.

9/17 Arrive MCO at 2pm, town car with grocery stop, arrive at Poly around 3, swim and relax a bit. dinner at 5:55 at 1900 Park Fare, Wishes at 8.

9/18 Epcot for rope drop, explore FW, lunch at Le Cellier 12:55, break, evening walking around WS, Illuminations at 9.

9/19 MK for RD quick cs lunch and back to the Poly by 1
dinner 5:10pm at Crystal Palace and MNSSHP

9/20 sleep in and then head over to AK, dinner 6:20 Boma, try to get a cab back to Poly for Wishes at 8 (the kids love watching wishes from the Poly pool)

9/21 HS for rope drop (get to Toy Story Mania!!) cs lunch and break, dinner Mama Melrose FDP 5:00, F! at 8.

9/22 check out of Poly and store luggage, breakfast at Chef Mickey 9:20, spend the day in whichever park the kids pick, flight out at 7:15pm.

Let's hope we all get a great Sept. and no storms!!!

Dorothy, sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Take good care of the Poly for me!!!! I'm elated to have booked another trip in January, but just don't think I can fork over the money to stay there again this year. We've been two years in a row so now it's time to stay somewhere else.

I had forgotten about Toy Story Mania, too!!! Now I can't wait even more!!!

Hopefully both you and Robin will have beautiful weather. I'll order it up special for you :sunshine2:.

luvdisney00
08-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Dorothy, sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned. Take good care of the Poly for me!!!! I'm elated to have booked another trip in January, but just don't think I can fork over the money to stay there again this year. We've been two years in a row so now it's time to stay somewhere else.

I had forgotten about Toy Story Mania, too!!! Now I can't wait even more!!!

Hopefully both you and Robin will have beautiful weather. I'll order it up special for you :sunshine2:.

This is our 2nd year in a row at the Poly, and we love it too, but just like you, I don't think we can do it next year. Knowing that, hopefully we will enjoy it even more. It is our first time for MNSSHP and the kids (and me too) are very excited about it.

Thanks for the good thoughts about the weather, I hope all the storms will be over and out of Fla. by then. :sunshine2::sunshine2::sunshine2:

disneyforever
08-24-2008, 08:04 AM
How funny- good vibes that we both have smooth flights. Who are you flying? We always fly SWA.

We are flying on United. Got a great price on tickets. They were cheaper than Southwest or Alaska.

wilsonfamily4
08-24-2008, 11:29 AM
We are flying on United. Got a great price on tickets. They were cheaper than Southwest or Alaska.

I am SOOSOOSOSOO jealous. United is who I would like to fly but they are so high right now. I will keep checking daily until I see something. Two years ago I bought my tickets about 2 months before and got great rates so I still have to wait a bit. You are so lucky to get United

disneyforever
08-24-2008, 06:37 PM
I am SOOSOOSOSOO jealous. United is who I would like to fly but they are so high right now. I will keep checking daily until I see something. Two years ago I bought my tickets about 2 months before and got great rates so I still have to wait a bit. You are so lucky to get United

I got my tickets way back in April. Less than 2 weeks later the price almost doubled for the same itinerary. I always keep an eye on prices even after I buy my tickets, but I haven't seen another "great deal" like the price I happened to find.

What is really crazy is the prices from Eugene or Portland to Los Angeles. I have to go to LAX in October and the best price I can find for my dates is $150 more than what I am paying for my ticket to Florida. :cry:

Alice28
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM
We have flown to Orlando for as cheap as $82 each way from Portland. That being said, we RARELY can find a flight for under $129 to LA area. Isn't that nuts? Esp if you want to go to Orange Cty.

wilsonfamily4
08-24-2008, 10:57 PM
What is really crazy is the prices from Eugene or Portland to Los Angeles. I have to go to LAX in October and the best price I can find for my dates is $150 more than what I am paying for my ticket to Florida. :cry:

This is exactly why we decided to do WDW 2 years ago over DL. I was like for the same prices we could go to Orlando!! But that was when tickets weremuch better prices. Then I got them for about 220 RT today most are going for about 430 RT!

I am also so bummed that they stopped doing Delta out of Salem! I had hopes of using that airport for our Jan trip.