PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!!! My offers are not crediting

butterflygirl3
08-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong!!!!!!! I clear my cookies, I scan the selected number of products, I keep the page open for a few minutes, I got a new email account. I think I am doing everything I am suppose to be doing, but none of my offers are crediting. I do clear my cookies, do an offer, click to pending, clear cookies again, do another offer, send to pending. Is that what is messing me up? I'm not sure because I have just did one offer after clearing my cookies and still no credit. Please someone help me. I am trying to make some extra cash for a Disney trip in early December. I don't really want to stop doing offers because OTX surveys are not giving me any to do. Please help!

jnorth1007
08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
If you are clearing cookies before they are crediting you are erasing the cookies that are needed in order for them to credit. It really isn't necessary to clear your cookies so often. I would suggest that you clear them in the morning before you start doing SR. Then you won't need to clear them again unless you are going to be doing two offers from the same advertiser (MID etc.) The best thing is to try not to do two offers from the same advertiser in one day. I would say if you are just starting to do things in this way:

1. Clear cookies and run your spyware if you are doing so that day.
2. Check your Earn Daily link and click on Paid Clicks if there are any
3. Complete your Daily Scratch Off if it is still open to you
4. Complete your daily survey that is from Greenfield and worth .80 and will not credit until the next day some time before 12:30 USUALLY but not always
5. Complete your OTX survey that is worth .75 and should credit on the hour
6. Complete your Super Member survey if you are eligible for them
7. Complete an offer. I would start off going to the ones in the automatic credits thread from back to front so you are trying the newest ones first and you know they are crediting for people since they are in this thread. If you know that there are one or two others that are from different advertisers or are not similar to the first one go ahead and do them.
Not just sit back and wait for the hour to see what credits. You should have your OTX survey and 1-3 offers show up. If everything credits ok then you know it was the fact that you were clearing cookies that was messing you up. If nothing credits then you have a system issue that is blocking your cookies. If this is the case let us know in this thread and we will help you set up your system to allow 3rd party cookies but try the first steps first so we will know if anything will credit or not and can start from there.

butterflygirl3
08-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Thank you very much!!!!! I will try what you said to do tomorrow. I appreciate your help. I will let you know if it worked.:thanks::clap::clap:

Debbie Jean
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Also keep an eye on your email to see whether there is a confirmation that you need to respond to. Whenever I do an offer, I have my email open, as well, so I can check since most come in immediately.

If you are required to confirm, you won't get credit unless you do.

jnorth1007
08-14-2008, 10:26 AM
Yes I forgot about mentioning the confirmation mails. What I do is to open my email I am using before I start the offer. I clear out my emails and spam so that my box is empty and I leave it open while I complete the offer and that way i can see the confirmation email as soon as it hits the box.

butterflygirl3
08-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Ok ladies, I did everything that you told me to do except the OTX survey because it was going an error message. Out of five offers that I did only one credited. Is that normal? Because just about a month ago I was getting several a day to credit. What am I doing wrong? Should I close out SA after I complete an offer and send it to pending? Hope someone can help me.:cry::cry:

funcouple6
08-15-2008, 01:26 AM
I am having the same issue nothing is crediting so I do not think its you I think maybe a lot of things are slowing down latley because of some other reason but I could be wrong too

DarcyDog
08-15-2008, 01:55 AM
I thought it was just me. I wasn't having any problems getting My Insider Deals offers to credit, and a few I did this week never credited. Maybe it's just a blip in the system and things will get better next week.

jnorth1007
08-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Honestly if it were an issue with the offer crediting for people in general it would be pulled already. Tricia watches the numbers on offers very closely. If an offer has been placed in pending a lot but she recieves a proportionately low percentage of credits she pulls the credit until she can find out why. Since they haven't been pulled I can only assume that they are crediting for someone. Sometimes we just hit a point where we can't get anything to credit. Mine was about a month ago. I tried every new offer that came out and none of them would credit. I am hitting the 30 days now and going back and redoing them and they are crediting. :confused: I would assume it is because I needed to break on offers for a little while. I just do the offers as they come and if they don't credit redo them at 30 days. It seems to work. I know it is so frustrating when nothing credits. Good luck guys!

jaime
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
From time to time we all have dry spells! I have no idea why! Sometimes I get credit, sometimes I dont. Hang in there! Even with all of my dry spells I have still managed to make over $200 in 3 short months!

funcouple6
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I dont know beacuse I have a few corrupt URL for some offers in my system not sure if they are in everyone elses too

luvdisney00
08-17-2008, 02:52 PM
I have been having trouble getting offers to credit lately, this seems to happen every once in a while for me, even with a new email. I have been getting frustrated lately though, because I am cutting it close to make SM for next quarter, so I really need those freebee offers!

So this morning I went into my IE settings to clear cookies and decided to check AGAIN that my settings were OK for offers with 3rd party cookies etc (had done this more than once since things weren't crediting.) They were all set as they should be, but I figured what the heck , I changed them to high security "no 3rd party cookies" restarted IE then went back in and reset them to accept 3rd party cookies and restarted IE again. I know this makes NO sense, but 3 offers credited imediately after that. I don't think I'd gotten a free offer in a month or so, and this is with the same email. It sounds crazy, but hey, if nothing is working, give it a try. I'm just so glad to have offers working for me again. I'm going back to see what's been a month that I can try again!

purdyratt
08-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, I had a few that never credited. I played around with the settings and cleaning cookies and stuff and now i have a few that did. I went back to see which ones i can do again.

-r:banana:

butterflygirl3
08-17-2008, 11:56 PM
Hey, LuvDisney00 can you tell me exactly what and how you did it? :):):)

luvdisney00
08-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey, LuvDisney00 can you tell me exactly what and how you did it? :):):)

OK, this doesn't really make a lot of sense since it seems that I ended up with the same settings that I started with , but another offer credited today, and nothing had been crediting for weeks (and I tried a lot of offers).

I went into tools on IE then Internet options and cleared all of my cookies and files, then I opened the tab for "privacy" and it was set to "accepts all cookies" I changed it to not accept 3rd party cookies, closed it and reopened IE, then I repeated the process and set it back to accepts 3rd party cookies. Then I went to the "advanced" tab and reset that one. It seems with this I also ended up in the same place I started, with the same settings, but somehow by resetting them, I seem to be getting credits.

The whole time I wasn't getting credits for offers, I was still haing no problem getting credits for shopping and surveys. Once when I first started using IE, I had my setting wrong, and nothing including shopping would credit, so I don't get what the problem was this time that it was only the freebee offers. Just when I think I understand my PC....:computer:

Hope that helps!

PartiesByCatharine
08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I too am having trouble with stuff crediting. It's like every 6 I do I get credit for 1!:(

butterflygirl3
08-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Ok LuvDisney00, maybe this is a dumb question but what is IE? I am not computer literate at all. I can follow directions, but I need to know what everything is. Thank you soo much for your help. Congrats on the freebies crediting for you!!:):):):thanks:

m 'n c
08-18-2008, 10:57 PM
IE = internet explorer

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 11:31 AM
I also have many offers in pending that have not credited. I had read that you should not clear cookies until after the credits have posted. I thought it somehow wiped out the needed crediting information if you cleared them. Most of them I would be okay with losing, but I have the Ebay credit pending and I really want those 12 credits :)

Can anyone else shed light on this? Also, does anyone know if it takes a long time for the eBay credit to post? I was thinking it would happen after the 15th, but still nothing.

Thanks!

bajam
08-19-2008, 11:50 AM
You should wait a bit before clearing cookies after you've done an offer. You're right that it could clear out the cookie if you do it too soon.

When did you do the ebay offer? This one tends to take a bit before crediting.

SunshineGirl
08-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I also have many offers in pending that have not credited. I had read that you should not clear cookies until after the credits have posted. I thought it somehow wiped out the needed crediting information if you cleared them. Most of them I would be okay with losing, but I have the Ebay credit pending and I really want those 12 credits :)

Can anyone else shed light on this? Also, does anyone know if it takes a long time for the eBay credit to post? I was thinking it would happen after the 15th, but still nothing.

Thanks!

Did you sign up for ebay as a new member and then make a bid on an item?

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes, I did sign up as a new member and placed the bid on an item. I have confirmation of the account setup and bid placed in my email account. I did use a different email address for the account set-up than the one I use for SR, but I clicked through the SR ebay link to set it up. The account was set up and a bid was placed on 8/10/08. Can I give you anymore information that will help track it?

Thanks so much!

SunshineGirl
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, I did sign up as a new member and placed the bid on an item. I have confirmation of the account setup and bid placed in my email account. I did use a different email address for the account set-up than the one I use for SR, but I clicked through the SR ebay link to set it up. The account was set up and a bid was placed on 8/10/08. Can I give you anymore information that will help track it?

Thanks so much!

The only way that we can track it is through a trouble ticket, but I figured that I would throw out there just a couple of ideas. If you did all of those things, it sounds like it might be an issue with your sytem in general blocking cookies. :(

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
The other offers that I have done are mostly from about 2 weeks ago. They are for .4 and .2. I am just not sure what to do about clearing out the cookies. If it doesn't normally take that long for those to credit, then maybe I will try clearing them after I get the ebay credit taken care of.

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Can I fix it in my system now after the fact? I did have several offers that did credit already so I thought it was okay. What should I do at this point?

butterflygirl3
08-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I hear of mostly Internet Explorer being used and I use Firefox. Could that be my problem? Has anybody else had problems getting credits using Firefox? I know several have mentioned dry spells, but this has been going on for a month or more. Normal?

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Tricia,

I am hoping you will still see this post. I am wondering if I can correct my settings to let them pend now. If I delete my cookies am I going to erase the ability for these offers to pend? I did go into my system and change the settings to allow for 3rd party cookies and I specifically allowing for ebay cookies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

dbmiller02
08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
butterflygirl-

yes, I have heard about problems with Firefox as well. I have both FF and IE on my computer and I have started using IE for all my SR just in case.

mommommouse
08-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I have the same problem. I have tried every suggestion you all have given but NO luck. I'm going to try deleting firefox.

butterflygirl3
08-20-2008, 12:35 AM
That's probably what I will be doing as well then. I kind've wondered!:computer: Thank you to all who have tried to help. I greatly appreciate it:thanks::sunshine::sunshine::sunshine:

butterflygirl3
08-20-2008, 12:37 AM
Ok, hubby is asleep can anyone tell me how to go about deleting firefox and installing IE? It doesn't have to be tonight, but hubby won't have time to help me tomorrow at all. Thanks

cglaura
08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Tricia,

I am hoping you will still see this post. I am wondering if I can correct my settings to let them pend now. If I delete my cookies am I going to erase the ability for these offers to pend? I did go into my system and change the settings to allow for 3rd party cookies and I specifically allowing for ebay cookies.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi! Just in case Tricia doesn't see this right away. When you adjust your cookie settings, it will not change anything you've done in the past, it will only allow for future offers to credit. Erasing cookies will not hurt the chance unless it was something within I'd say the past 24 hours. If it was something from days ago it is fine to clear cookies....they are usually tracked within a few hours, I think up to 4 or 6 for shopping.

For the eBay offer...there's really nothing you can do at this point I think except wait or open a trouble ticket if it is an offer that allows for trouble tickets.

What you can do is now that you have your cookies correct, after 30 days have past, you can remove an offer from pending and re-try it (the "freebie" type offers).

Putting something in pending is more a system of tracking. It doesn't affect (effect? I always get that wrong LOL) the offer crediting. If the offer is going to credit it will, and it will show "Yes" next to the offer that you received credit and disappear from the main Offers/Contest page list.

cglaura
08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok, hubby is asleep can anyone tell me how to go about deleting firefox and installing IE? It doesn't have to be tonight, but hubby won't have time to help me tomorrow at all. Thanks

What type of computer do you have...Windows based?...ie, Windows Xp / Windows Vista?

If so it should already be installed. Look for the big blue e icon with a sort of gold swirl around it.

m 'n c
08-20-2008, 09:20 AM

You do not need to delete firefox. All you need to do is go onto Microsoft.com and download the latest version of Internet Explorer and follow the installation instructions. Then come back here and do a forum search for cookies or cookie settings and read a few of the posts to see how to set your cookies. When you want to earn on SR you just open IE instead of Firefox and do your offers and surveys that way.

You also need to have him check your firewall, antivirus, and popup blockers to make sure they are not deleting or blocking your cookies. I do not know which programs you are running so you really need to ask him to do this for you.

dbmiller02
08-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks so much for the information m n c. These offers were done at least a week ago so it seems that I could erase the cookies now. Do you know if the large credits tend to take a really long time to credit? I guess I could try for the ebay credit again in 30 days if it doesn't end up posting.