PDA

View Full Version : OMG....I am so excited I could just BURST!!!!

MrsWonka
08-15-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok, so after a horrible couple of months at my house I just got the best news!!! A little back story, DH works for a company that is based in Long Beach and June 4th he tripped on a stair at a job site (we live and work in northern CA). He was completely embarassed and thought he pulled the tendons in his foot or something. He didn't report it to anyone and kept on working...well, on July 11 (yes, over a month later) he went to the doctor because it was still hurting...he fractured the dumb thing. He has been off work for 5 weeks now, his company is saying it isn't work related...blah, blah, blah. So, I have been worried about what was going to happen to his job when this is all said and done...He talked to the office today (they have been sending him work he can do at home so he can still get paid) and they asked if we were coming to the company picnic...in Long Beach. They are paying for our family of 4 to fly down and renting us a car. So here's the best part, since our timeshare is owned by Wyndham we can get a discount on hotel rooms.

I just booked the Ramada Limited Main Gate for $35.00 a night...we are going to DISNEYLAND in 3 WEEKS!!!!!! It is only for 1 day, but hey, it is better than nothing and it will be DS first trip.

So, for all you Disneyland vets...if you only had 1 day, what would you make sure you stood in line for? It will be Me, DH, DD11, DS1 for sure, but probably my BFF (who got DH the job), his Dad (who got him the job) and mom.

Also, does anyone know anywhere to get a good deal on 1 day tickets? TIA

linanglab
08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
VERY awesome! Have no help info for you except....YIPPEE!!!! I always have wanted to go to Disneyland.....Yeah for you!

bbangel
08-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Glad you got some good news!

In Disneyland: Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight (go early)

In California Adventure: Monster's Inc, Toy Story Mania, Aladdin the show

Actually some of it will depend on how much you like the thrill rides. Everything is definately doable in one day if you go early and use the fast pass system

Sunni
08-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Fantastic News! I have never been to Disneyland. I would love to go.
Have lots of fun!

kimntrent
08-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Wait I am a wyndham timeshare too where do you call?

mjjmbnmm
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
california screamer is a must.

gpp2001
08-16-2008, 12:15 PM
You have too, have to go on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!!! It is a classic Disney ride!! It is not a thrill ride but it is Disney!!

Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story Mania, Soarin', Indiana Jones.

Enjoy and have fun!

Karn

MrsWonka
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Wait I am a wyndham timeshare too where do you call?

We actually just upgraded our points, so our sales lady said to call her to help with booking and she did it. You can find the info for the Ramada stuff through the Travel side of the website.

JDarling
09-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Check with a local Vons when you get out there. Recently they had a deal where you could get 3 day tickets for $100! It's difficult to find discounted one day tickets though. Check with your time share folks!

mia214jia
09-22-2008, 09:07 PM
:woohoo: For you all! Have Fun and Enjoy!

MrsWonka
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. We actually have already been and are back. The group we went with purchased full price tickets from their travel agent here, which helped us skip the line when we got there.

~Kathie
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
So....did you have fun?? What rides did you go on??

I usually go to Disneyland every July but wasn't able to make the tirp this year.

I missed going an hope I can swing it next year.

snowyday
09-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Great News!! Have a wonderful time!