PDA

View Full Version : Help - How to copy email headers??

nurseminnie76
07-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Can someone help me figure out how to copy the email headers to submit a trouble ticket? I went to Abika and Michigan State University but still can't figure it out :computer: . I need to file a new trouble ticket and also edit one I previously submitted without the headers.

Thanks for any help. :)

cglaura
07-07-2007, 02:12 AM
How do you read your email?...Outlook, Outlook Express, internet browser using gmail, hotmail, whatevermail, etc?

These are what I use, so all I know...

gmail has a little arrow in the upper right. When viewing an email and you click that a drop down appears, select "show original". This will pop up a new window w/ the headers and the email for you to copy/paste into the trouble ticket.

Comcast mail in internet browser...there is a view source link in upper right when viewing msg.

Outlook express...double click email msg to open it, then do File-->Properties-->then look at the details tab. Those are the headers to copy, but then you also have to copy the email part from the actual body of the email.

Outlook...right click on msg--->Options, then on the bottom of the tab that opens has section w/ internet headers. Then same as above have to also paste in the body of the email.

If someone knows how to do outlook/outlook express in one step?

Clear as mud huh? ;)

llgray16
07-07-2007, 07:39 AM
If you are using Outlook, go to View and then Options. There will be a box on the bottom of that box that shows you internet headers. (I ususally use Gmail so I had to open my work email to figure out how to do it.)

Hope that helps :sunshine:

jnorth1007
07-07-2007, 08:55 AM
If you are using aol click on the details button in the header.

m 'n c
07-08-2007, 11:12 PM
if you are using yahoo at the bottom of your email there is an option to view headers.

nurseminnie76
07-12-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks ladies for all your help. I think I finally got everything submitted correctly last night. Seems so simple now that I finally know how to do it - lol. :rotfl:

I use a hotmail acct, so for anyone else with hotmail -- you need to click on options in the right hand corner. From there choose preferences and then click advanced headers.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that Tricia is able to dispute these two offers with the advertisers.