PDA

View Full Version : ? about paypal this time

bajam
08-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Were the paypal cashouts processed differently this time? My account is showing a button to print a shipping label like it was a payment for ebay. This is also the first time fees have been taken out for a payment from SR:confused: Has paypal changed something that I'm not aware of? I haven't changed my paypal account at all.

SunshineGirl
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
The only difference that I can think of is that sometimes I do them by a mass pay and sometimes I do them individually. I think I did yours individually this time. But it would still have come directly from either funds in our paypal account or cash from our checking account--no credit cards or anything.

bajam
08-17-2008, 12:52 PM
The mass pay is the thing. When it is paid by mass pay there are no fees deducted. Individually there are. I don't know why, but this is how it was when I was writing reviews for a website. That explains things then.

jnorth1007
08-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Do you have a premium account? When Tricia has done mine individually in the past it has not taken any fees out. I wonder if the mass pay is free for premium users? I know that the individual payments for premium account holders are not. If you do have a premium that accepts credit cards I would open a seperate account that is not premium so that you won't have fees in the future. I never pay fees to recieve or send money through paypal.

bajam
08-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I do have a Premium account because I use the paypal debit card with my account. I guess that explains things. This is the first time fees have been taken out when I have been paid by SR. What was really weird was the button beside the payment like I had sold something on Ebay and it wanted me to do the shipping through Paypal.

If I would set up another account I would have to cash out of the Paypal for a check because I don't have another bank account to tie to the paypal account and if I would pay the premium out of the regular one I would still get the fees taken out. That 3.3% Paypal took was a few surveys and I don't want to give that up every month. I will just cash out for Walmart GCs from now on. Groceries have gotten so expensive so that will help out there anyway.

Thanks for helping me figure it out.

askomsky
08-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I do have a Premium account because I use the paypal debit card with my account. I guess that explains things. This is the first time fees have been taken out when I have been paid by SR. What was really weird was the button beside the payment like I had sold something on Ebay and it wanted me to do the shipping through Paypal.

If I would set up another account I would have to cash out of the Paypal for a check because I don't have another bank account to tie to the paypal account and if I would pay the premium out of the regular one I would still get the fees taken out. That 3.3% Paypal took was a few surveys and I don't want to give that up every month. I will just cash out for Walmart GCs from now on. Groceries have gotten so expensive so that will help out there anyway.

Thanks for helping me figure it out.

What I did was open another checking acct attached to my main checking and savings account, so all the rules that my main one has, flows down to the new one I opened. Then I opened a new basic paypal account and have the SR funds put in that way. So I still have my main ebay/paypal acct with my paypal debit card etc but also a basic one with my SR funds in it with no % or penelties taken out.

mmm611
08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Interesting idea on the new checking account. I have a checking and two savings accounts at my bank, so when I opened the second Paypal account, I linked that to my Disney savings fund. I wasn't sure what the routing number was on the other account, but I knew that the vacation account and my checking were opned at the same branch, so the number is the same.