PDA

View Full Version : Fay, Fay, GO FAR AWAY!!!!!

zoodoyle
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Ok, so our great WDW adventure is set to begin in less than 48 hours, and I'm starting to get a little worried :( It's just the flight there that I'm concerned about. Once there, we'll be fine - even if the parks close, I'm sure we'll enjoy our time in the Wilderness Lodge Villas. But I just want to get there!!! Sending lots of pixie dust to our SR members down in Fay's path - stay safe!! :hugs:

SunshineGirl
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Ok, so our great WDW adventure is set to begin in less than 48 hours, and I'm starting to get a little worried :( It's just the flight there that I'm concerned about. Once there, we'll be fine - even if the parks close, I'm sure we'll enjoy our time in the Wilderness Lodge Villas. But I just want to get there!!! Sending lots of pixie dust to our SR members down in Fay's path - stay safe!! :hugs:

We were down there during one of the hurricanes two years ago and we actually had a TERRIFIC time! Disney only delayed opening the parks one day. And they made up for it by bringing the characters to Wilderness Lodge and doing lots of fun family stuff there. Once they opened the parks later that day, the parks were almost empty of any local crowds.

Not that I would wish the hurricane on anyone, but know from someone who has been there that it will NOT ruin your vacation at all. In fact, you may see lower crowds and have an even better time. :sunshine:

Hedy
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
I'm hoping I just miss it-I'm fairly confident the fam will cope-even if they lose a park day.

Sunni
08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Sending lots of :hugs: and magical wishes to all going down. Have a safe and wonderful trip!

schaery
08-18-2008, 04:22 PM
You'll find a way to have a magical time, even if Fay does show up. I have a friend down there now who took her GD for her very first trip. She's a bit concerned too. Being from PA, she's never experienced a hurricane before but even if Fay makes it to WDW, I imagine it will be mostly just rain for a day. Best wishes for your trip.

zoodoyle
08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes - I'm only worried about the actual flight down - having to hang out in the airport for an extended period of time with my 3 kids (and my parents and brother and sister to boot!) is not my idea of a vacation :angel: I have no doubt that once there we will have a great time, rain or shine :sunshine:

sammielynn
08-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Have you left yet? Hear the storm may turn around and get Florida again.

schaery
08-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Boy do I feel bad for all the SRers (and others) at WDW this week. Fay really has made a mess. Guess she's heading my way now - unless she turns around again and heads back to FL. Not likely but we've had several over the years that made loops around the Gulf.