PDA

View Full Version : purchasing disney gc thru sr link

cglaura
07-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I know we don't get credit for buying through the link for disney gift cards, but does Tricia? If so will do that instead of driving up to the mall.

Not sure if this was discussed, searching for disney gift cards kind of brings up a lot of threads :rolleyes:

thanks!

SunshineGirl
07-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Unfortunately, they don't give us a thing. If they did, I would definitely pass it along to you all!

cglaura
07-08-2007, 05:53 AM
Drat, thought it might be like Walmart or Amazon and I could add the "SR fun fund" :)

That, and...I just really don't want to drive an hour to the mall!

:rotfl:

JillyFish
07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
You can purchase Disney GC's through GiveFun.com on SR though. I think it's for 2% back.

zoodoyle
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
You can purchase Disney GC's through GiveFun.com on SR though. I think it's for 2% back.

I just checked out this place for the first time - looks like a great idea for a couple gifts I need. Has anyone used them before? They don't have a rating yet, so I'm curious if anyone has tried them out?

3dog2kidmom
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM

I just checked them out. So you buy a givefun certificate and get 2% back through SR. Then you redeem the givefun certificate to buy Disney gift cards? Has anyone done this? Is there any shipping or handling charge? Sounds like a great deal, since there is nothing back directly through Disney.

SunshineGirl
07-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I used them to buy a big purchase of Disney Gift Cards and Disney actually mailed me the gift cards directly ( I think it was like $300 or $500 in cards).

Magical JenK
07-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Wow! What a good way to get Disney GCs & still earn $$ on SR!! Thanks for answering this post!! Learn something new everyday!!

Mandi
07-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Ooooh so there is a way to get money back on a gift cert. :cooldance: Anyone know the s&h and how long it takes for them to get to you?

ETA: Nevermind. If I had just bothered to read their FAQ page I would have seen the answer to both my questions. :) For anyone interested, s&h is free unless you upgrade to priority or FedEx delivery. And delivery time depends on which mailing option you chose.

bartleby1
07-08-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm sooooo tempted, lol! I've been saving our disney trip for so long that I'm tempted to buy some even though I think we have enough to cover our trip!:rotfl: Someone stop me! I really don't think I need any more... but then again there are always extras that pop up... but I don't think I need any more...Oh, what to do!?!?

Mandi
07-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Well I'm an enabler so I say go for it. :rotfl:

I bet that if you still have money left over after your trip you can just sell the giftcards online (ebay?) or hold onto them and use them at TDS for xmas gifts or something.

3dog2kidmom
07-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm sooooo tempted, lol! I've been saving our disney trip for so long that I'm tempted to buy some even though I think we have enough to cover our trip!:rotfl: Someone stop me! I really don't think I need any more... but then again there are always extras that pop up... but I don't think I need any more...Oh, what to do!?!?

Buy some! You can always use them to get a head start on your next trip :rotfl:

cglaura
07-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Great idea guys, thanks!

bartleby1
07-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Ooooh, Mandi and Shelly, you guys are BADDDDD! DH wouldn't like you two at all, lol!:rotfl:

Of course, you are right. I could always put them toward our next trip, hehehe! Or, maybe I should at least wait until after we get done with our August trip.

I feel like I have an Angel Mickey on one shoulder and a Devil Mickey on the other, lol!

zoodoyle
07-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I just placed an order for $75 so we'll see how it credits. FYI - there was a handling fee of .90.

m 'n c
07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Oh cool. I'm so glad you reasked this question and there is an option now. I almost have $200 in my paypal account from random surveys and such and was using paypal to help me save for our deposit and then turn it into 1 disney gc. I definetly will use this site if it will help SR.

Definetly post an update if anyone tries it out.

JillyFish
07-08-2007, 04:13 PM
I had a feeling this might cause a mini-frenzy when I posted it! :rotfl: I just can't believe nobody's brought it up sooner! :rotfl:

That .90 isn't too bad for S&H....as long as you order enough to make a profit. Let us know how it works out. (I've never ordered through them...just noticed that they had Disney GC's when I was poking around their site.)

m 'n c
07-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I had a feeling this might cause a mini-frenzy when I posted it! :rotfl: I just can't believe nobody's brought it up sooner! :rotfl:

That .90 isn't too bad for S&H....as long as you order enough to make a profit. Let us know how it works out. (I've never ordered through them...just noticed that they had Disney GC's when I was poking around their site.)

Well thanks! I asked last month about buying GC's through DS to help out tricia and was told it wouldn't help but if this is the way around it I'm a happy camper.

zoodoyle
07-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Got my confirmation, and am ready to print out the "gift certificate" to give to my brother next weekend. It's perfect, as I was trying to find a way to get a Chili's gift certificate delivered by next weekend (there aren't any around here) - this way he can order his own, or something else altogether!! The .90 isn't bad - I'll only make a "profit" of .60, but if it credits well, then maybe I'll be looking into a larger purchase for disney gift certificates soon (assuming also that the handling charge doesn't go up if you order more!).

m 'n c
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
hmm so are all the gift certificates electronic or is that just an option?

zoodoyle
07-08-2007, 08:13 PM
You actually purchase a gift certificate for the giftfun site - that's what I print out (or they can email that to the recipient), give that to my brother, who then goes to their website, picks which gift certificate(s) he wants, and then those actual gift cards are mailed to him. You can't just buy the specific gift card. Does that make sense?! :p

m 'n c
07-08-2007, 08:19 PM
You actually purchase a gift certificate for the giftfun site - that's what I print out (or they can email that to the recipient), give that to my brother, who then goes to their website, picks which gift certificate(s) he wants, and then those actual gift cards are mailed to him. You can't just buy the specific gift card. Does that make sense?! :p

ahh ok. For some reason I thought you got him a specific gc from there.

~Kathie
07-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Or the person who buys the GC from Giftfun will get an email with the GC and then can use it to buy other GC's and use them her self!! Cool!!:cooldance:

linanglab
07-11-2007, 09:18 AM
I will definitely have to look at this site. Very interesting.... With gas prices, the 90 cents is nothing if I have to buy a certificate anyway! Plus, I can make a little on SR. Yeah!

Angela

kimntrent
07-12-2007, 12:19 PM
If you bought a 25.00 a week you would make .5 a week until you went. 50 gift cards would get you a free one essentially on sunshine cash backs. Really that is pretty good. You make 25.00 for your 1250 you spend.

Kim
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

LuvMyBoys
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
So can I use give fun to purchase a $500 disney gift card, get 2% back on SR and then use the gift card to pay on my Disney vacation package?? :confused: And only have to pay a 90cent handling fee?

SunshineGirl
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
So can I use give fun to purchase a $500 disney gift card, get 2% back on SR and then use the gift card to pay on my Disney vacation package?? :confused: And only have to pay a 90cent handling fee?

Yep. That's pretty much it!

LuvMyBoys
07-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Yep. That's pretty much it!

Ok, then :cooldance: :cooldance:

llgray16
07-12-2007, 04:26 PM
WOW! I never would have found this idea without this thread! Thanks a million! I only have $400 left to pay on our Sept trip so I will order that (plus a little extra in spending money) and get 2% back :cooldance:

Karri5775
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
What I think I'm going to do is purchase the $1500 I still owe for my disney vacation in disney gift cards and if I put it on my disney visa, I'll get the points for that also.

zoodoyle
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
I think this company might be seeing a big jump in business soon :p

mommommouse
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
It doesn't matter how much your gift is for, it is still $.90. I was going to start paying on my on my cruise anyway. I migth as well do it this way. What's a shame is that I need to pay today on my DW vacation but don't have time to get the cards. Oh well next time.
Debbie

mommommouse
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Has anyone seen their credit for this one yet. It's only been a day but it's not showing pending. Maybe I'm just being impatient. I'm always worried, when it's somethig new.
Debbie

m 'n c
07-17-2007, 12:38 PM
What I think I'm going to do is purchase the $1500 I still owe for my disney vacation in disney gift cards and if I put it on my disney visa, I'll get the points for that also.

Ahh that sounds good as well. I think I'm going to use my Amex to help get Southwest credits for the plane trip down. I'm just about at the $200 minimum I set for myself.

SunshineGirl
07-17-2007, 01:03 PM
It looks like these are taking two days at a minimum to post. A little more if we fall behind at all on the manual credits on our end. But I see a $25 and a $125 from the 16th.

mommommouse
07-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks Trish for easing my mind.
Debbie

zoodoyle
07-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Has anyone seen their credit for this one yet. It's only been a day but it's not showing pending. Maybe I'm just being impatient. I'm always worried, when it's somethig new.
Debbie

I did get my credit for the order I placed!! Easy breezy :sunshine:

LuvMyBoys
07-23-2007, 09:26 AM
How long did it take to receive the physical gift cards from Disney once you placed the order with givefun?? :confused:

TIA

jacaluho
07-23-2007, 10:06 AM
How long did it take to receive the physical gift cards from Disney once you placed the order with givefun?? :confused:

TIA

That's my question too. We are leaving in about a month and I want to make sure I have mine in time. I would love to order some.

jacaluho
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Drat, thought it might be like Walmart or Amazon and I could add the "SR fun fund" :)

That, and...I just really don't want to drive an hour to the mall!

:rotfl:

If we order Amazon through SR, it helps Tricia? I am a little confused.

sunshinecindy
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
If we order Amazon through SR, it helps Tricia? I am a little confused.

Some merchants do not allow us to incentivise, but they will give us a little back, usually around 1%. That is what goes into our "trivia" fun and contests, so in essence, it helps you guys too.

jacaluho
07-23-2007, 10:18 AM
I had no clue. (I'm a little slow! :angel: ) From now on, we will always order Amazon through SR.

llgray16
07-23-2007, 04:28 PM

TIA

I'm wondering the same thing. I place a sizeable order this weekend to have to pay off the few $$ remaining on the rest of the trip as well as our spending $$. I have to make my final payment by Aug 8th and now I am panicking that they won't get there in time! Although extra spending money in Disney can be a good thing, this is way too much money to have as extra!

I hope they come quickly (and I hope my SR credit for it posts soon as well :sunshine: )