PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef Menu Info

Magical JenK
08-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I just found this info on the disboards, so I thought I'd share here!!

FYI you can now email WDW.Epcot.Coral.Reef.Restaurant@disney.com with your request. Include the following:

Name
Date
Time
Conf#
Occasion

I called the Coral Reef # and an automated message gave me this email for "personalized menus". I sent in my request and Debbi responded to me just hours later. I didn't even ask for a diver (I didn't want to be a pest, I just really wanted the menu!), and she booked a diver for me!

I'm doing the diver & menu in December for DH & family! I haven't told ANYONE!! I'm very excited about it...I just have to now send the photos!! :o

ligrumpygirl
08-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I am DEFINITELY doing this is July!!!

icartjetta
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I would love to do this also, but don't really have an occasion we are celebrating!

ligrumpygirl
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
I would love to do this also, but don't really have an occasion we are celebrating!

Do you need an occasion?? Can't you say "celebrating family time" or something?? I will probably do that.

fourfoxesinpa
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm feeling really dumb right now. What does it mean to get a diver? Is there an extra cost?

We're doing this for the Candlelight Processional and I would love to know more about the restaurant/special touches.

Thanks!

mjjmbnmm
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
We did this for my dd b-day last year and she loved it. I highly reccomend it. The menu had 3 photos of her on it and the diver swam up to the window holding a sign that said Happy 9th Birthday Megan. At the time it was free I was told they were thinking about charging for the diver in the future, but I don't know if they decided to or not.

eaglesdare
08-23-2008, 08:59 AM
i spoke on several occassions to debbi, when i was making my arrangements for the diver. this was for our april trip last year. she is the best to work with. however, her thinking on the diver is: she wants to beable to add a little magic to the experience, however, she also does not want it to become abused or commercialized. so she only allows so many divers over a certain amount of time.

but if you do have a reason to celebrate, call debbi, and she will work with you, she is a very nice lady.

i did not get the personalized menus made, but she told me she can put a lot of pictures on them.

great place to celebrate.

eaglesdare
08-23-2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=8753

scroll down a little way and there is my scrapbook page fromt he coral reef with the diver.

mia214jia
08-23-2008, 10:17 AM
OH my head is spinning. I am so overwelmed at all the possibilities at WDW.
I havent forgotten the trip I would love to do for our family. I love reading up on everyones TR and PTR's. Thank you for posting Jen.

cglaura
08-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks so much for posting this Jen!

I always saw it mentioned, but I never knew how they got it done. We are going January 2010 to celebrate DD's completing HS and getting her GED early (if all goes according to plan that is...she is homeschooled).

We are planning 2 weeks a ASMu and 2-3 days maybe at Hard Rock...so, I guess I had better get to some surveys now :p

Hedy
08-25-2008, 02:16 PM
Cool! My DSIL did this for my nephews last week-they loved it.

keishashadow
08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
i had to play telephone tag last year to put the request in, this is a great idea!

do know they only do X amt per day, get ur requests in early;)

i kept the birthday wish secret from my 'unflappable' teenage son...he was so excited! the divers came out later during dinner & shook his hand & gave him his sign, still has it posted on his BR wall

IckyMickey
08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
I loved this idea. I had been ready to book this since my 180 days were up but then "we" decided to go to the Biergarten instead. It was my husband's birthday and my parents first time so I was planning to have something on both sides of the sign. I had a special sheet in my "planning folder" just for this. Oh well, gotta be flexible sometimes.

Caution - I heard that this may only be offered through the end of 2008. I believe it is a YOAMD thing which of course will be ending at the end of the year. It never hurts to call and ask though!

keishashadow
08-27-2008, 08:10 AM
hmmm, i've seen it referenced on DISboards for a few years, would hate to see it yanked...the divers seemed to enjoy it as much as we did;) forgot to mention, they do a 'confetti' thing...think it was pebbles/shells...whole restaurant laughed

Mom2aPrincess
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
I loved this idea. I had been ready to book this since my 180 days were up but then "we" decided to go to the Biergarten instead. It was my husband's birthday and my parents first time so I was planning to have something on both sides of the sign. I had a special sheet in my "planning folder" just for this. Oh well, gotta be flexible sometimes.

Caution - I heard that this may only be offered through the end of 2008. I believe it is a YOAMD thing which of course will be ending at the end of the year. It never hurts to call and ask though!

My travel agent took care of this for Cameron's birthday trip last month...she was also told that it would end at the end of this year....I'll be interested to see if it does or not.