PDA

View Full Version : Won a Radio Contest!!!

nicholfamily5
07-09-2007, 05:48 PM
This was the first time I ever actually got through!

I was driving home from dropping my son off at baseball, heard it on the radio and figured I'd give it a shot....busy...try again...you know how these things are.
So the third time I called, it started RINGING!!! I figured I'd be number 24 or something, but then the morning DJ answered the call and said I was it!!!

SWEET!
So I won a $50 gas card, Kenny Chesney's latest album, and entered to win the main drawing on Monday....
2 tickets to Kenny Chesney, Brooks & Dunn, Sugarland, Sarah Evans ect. A meet and Greet with B&D,
A TOYOTA TUNDRA
AND>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 tickets to Denver CO to see Brooks and Dunn there.

I'm thinkin this is some honkin prize package!! So I'll update on Monday if I win the whole shebang!

Cross everything you have for me!!!!!:cooldance:

nicholfamily5
07-09-2007, 05:49 PM
SWEET!!! I got tagged too!

My goodness...I'm going out to buy a lotto ticket right now.

coastalgirl
07-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Cool! I try all the time to win local radio contest and have never won sqaut!! :rotfl:

good for you!! I hope you win the big prize!!!

Lydia

LyndaM
07-09-2007, 11:07 PM
I just saw Kenny Chesney a couple weeks ago - I hope you win! It is a great time!

I won tickets to Rascal Flatts concerts a couple years ago that included a limo ride to and from the show - that was a blast!

Good luck!

Lynda

wilsonfamily4
07-09-2007, 11:24 PM
the gas card in itself is great. :) the rest is a cherry on top

m 'n c
07-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh I just saw Kenny and Sugarland a few weeks ago in Houston. The other opener was Taylor Swift who was pretty good. Brooks and Dunn was good last year at the Houston Rodeo but since they had just been here this year for the Rodeo they didn't come with Kenny. I hope you win. It was a good concert.

LyndaM
07-10-2007, 11:42 AM
I saw the show in Houston, too. I was there on Friday night. I loved it, Taylor Swift was sooo cute! I also loved Sugarland. And Kenny just rocks!

m 'n c
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I saw the show in Houston, too. I was there on Friday night. I loved it, Taylor Swift was sooo cute! I also loved Sugarland. And Kenny just rocks!

I was there on that Friday too! I was so worried it was going to storm on us. We were on a tarp in the grassy muddy area. Can I tell you that the nastyness seeped through the tarp and our towels. I have never felt so gross in all my life. I just wish the actual seats out there wern't so high I'd just get a reserved one all the time.

LyndaM
07-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Yuck! I just hate those lawn seats. We were lucky and were in covered reserve - about 25 rows back. I'm taking my daughter there for a Nickelback concert in August and we have reserved UNcovered seats. Still better than lawn! The only bad thing for me is the drive, I'm in the Clear Lake area so CWMP is a nice little drive from here!

m 'n c
07-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Yuck! I just hate those lawn seats. We were lucky and were in covered reserve - about 25 rows back. I'm taking my daughter there for a Nickelback concert in August and we have reserved UNcovered seats. Still better than lawn! The only bad thing for me is the drive, I'm in the Clear Lake area so CWMP is a nice little drive from here!

we had the covered reserve for john mayer. I prefered the covered real seats but the location wasn't too great - too far to the right. The drive is such a killer. I live near downtown and traffic is a pain. I couldn't imagine coming from Clearlake. We took the toll last time and it was much better than 45.

LyndaM
07-11-2007, 09:42 AM
It took me a good two hours to get to the Kenny Chesney concert - going that direction that time of day is just painful. I took 610 to 45, but once we got on 45 it was just a mess! For the Nickelback concert I thought about driving up that afternoon and shopping til time for the concert. It would beat driving that during rush hour!

nicholfamily5
07-16-2007, 05:32 PM
oh well! At least I won the gas card! That's helpful...sorta:rotfl:

dreamer13079
07-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Oh man! I was hoping you would win the big prize pack. A gas card is always a bonus though. I love radio contests, especially the local ones where you actually feel like you have a chance to get through.