PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question Tricia

MrsWonka
08-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I am heading to Disney on a spur of the moment trip in less than 2 weeks, I was wondering if I was to cash out on 8/27 if there is any way to pay to have the package sent Priority so it would get to me by 9/4???? TIA!!!

SunshineGirl
08-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Unfortunately, I am all out of cards. :( I won't even have another shipment of cards from them until probably the 5th. The generally send them every two weeks and I just got a shipment Friday morning and people cashed out for every single one of them! Sorry. :(

MrsWonka
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks Tricia. No problem. I will keep saving for my spa gift card for next June's trip to Oregon. Found a great spa with a 3 hour treatment for just over $200!!!

toystoryduo
08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately, I am all out of cards. :( I won't even have another shipment of cards from them until probably the 5th. The generally send them every two weeks and I just got a shipment Friday morning and people cashed out for every single one of them! Sorry. :(

I cashed out on Saturday. Any chance that gift card went out?

Alice28
08-29-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh boy. I need to cash out for a $100 worth of Disney cards pronto (I have $95.76 right now). I just am wondering, if I cash out this weekend, and you get a shipment on the 5th, would I have it by the 19th? We leave the 20th for Disney. Thanks Tricia~~~ :sunshine2:

and if not, can you just let me know? I will cash out for paypal and just use cash, no big deal at all, just need to know by the paypal deadline. :)

mollyeilis
08-29-2008, 11:09 PM
... next June's trip to Oregon. Found a great spa with a 3 hour treatment for just over $200!!!

Curious minds want to know where the spa is!!!???

Alice28
08-30-2008, 12:08 AM
me too! I wanna know the spa.

Alice28
08-30-2008, 12:41 AM
I decided just to do paypal- I don't want to risk not getting the gift cards. :sunshine:

ravensdreamer
09-01-2008, 09:27 PM
my question is along this line, I finally made enough to be a SM next month and I will be going to WDW on the Oct 16th, I recall that as a SM there was a bit better rate for the cards and I wanted to know if I cashed out immediately once becoming a SM would it be during the ship week where I could get them in time? I live in KY and I don't recall which state they ship from so I am trying to play the odds...if its possible i will wait...if its not the ship week then I will cash out earlier....my ex bounced his CS check and it has wrecked havoc in my bank account, which all the checks i wrote bounced after his and i have to pay 28 a check....(x5)good news is my lawyer said the ex has to pay them....bad news.,..he already owes me over 7000...at this rate i will still be getting child support when my kids have kids...lol

Thanks for any information about my odds...:thanks:
Lynn
KY

m 'n c
09-01-2008, 09:48 PM
my question is along this line, I finally made enough to be a SM next month and I will be going to WDW on the Oct 16th, I recall that as a SM there was a bit better rate for the cards and I wanted to know if I cashed out immediately once becoming a SM would it be during the ship week where I could get them in time? I live in KY and I don't recall which state they ship from so I am trying to play the odds...if its possible i will wait...if its not the ship week then I will cash out earlier....my ex bounced his CS check and it has wrecked havoc in my bank account, which all the checks i wrote bounced after his and i have to pay 28 a check....(x5)good news is my lawyer said the ex has to pay them....bad news.,..he already owes me over 7000...at this rate i will still be getting child support when my kids have kids...lol

Lynn
KY

Cards come from tricia (in indiana) and yeah you get a lil better rate if you are a SM ($96 for a $100 card). But it sounds like Tricia is having trouble keeping them in stock and getting shipments in from Disney so I don't know what it will be like for October. I think the September vacationers have found that if they cashed out by the 20th they got in the last shipment batch that mailed out a week or two ago but those that waited aren't sure if they will get cards in time.

If you don't have another trip planned soon I would either cash out by mid-Sept and now worry about the SM perk so that you could guarantee it's arrival. But if you do have another trip planned I'd cash out Oct 1st and chance it.

ligrumpygirl
09-01-2008, 09:53 PM

Lynn
KY

I am not a SunshineFamily member but I am going to have to guess that you might be cutting it close. The terms do say give between 3-4 weeks. Even if you cashed out the second day of October (it could take a day to get the SMs up and going depending on what else is happening) AND Tricia had the cards in hand AND it happened to be her ship week (I didn't even know she had a ship week!) that could already be Friday. That is cutting the time short if something happens on the post office's side.

I am sorry about your problem with the ex-hubby - been there, done that - but I would not rely on your cards.

You only save a few dollars by waiting to become a SM - if you need them that much, I would cash out now.

PS Catherine types fast than me - I started this before her answer was there!!

ravensdreamer
09-01-2008, 10:40 PM
thank you both for your replies...i figured the odds were not good...but when i read the previous entry i thought perhaps just this once it might be in my reach...but as i sat here I just realize I have money on my Disney cc in rewards money.....so I am already happier..>LMAO...Thank you all!

Lynn
KY

m 'n c
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
thank you both for your replies...i figured the odds were not good...but when i read the previous entry i thought perhaps just this once it might be in my reach...but as i sat here I just realize I have money on my Disney cc in rewards money.....so I am already happier..>LMAO...Thank you all!

Lynn
KY

Worse case you can cashout on the 30th for paypal and get the money on the 15th and just buy your own gift card. Not sure if you want to go that route but it's an option.