PDA

View Full Version : Can't book January trip yet... but help me plan dining anyway!!

3dog2kidmom
07-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I have dates picked, decided on a resort, have a budget in mind, have flights TO Florida booked, already made a car reservation, booked a night at the hotel in Clearwater, and EVEN KNOW the EMH schedule, but I still can't book our January trip since Disney has not released 2008 yet! So meanwhile, as mentioned to Magical JenK, I've been obsessing over ADRs (which I can make in 11 days!). Tell me what you think...

1/20 -- fly into Clearwater (we have a credit on USA3000 so are flying there) and order pizza to room since we get in late

1/21 -- free breakfast at hotel, drive to Orlando, arrive Wilderness Lodge and check in... drive to Downtown Disney and return the (Dollar) rental car at Grosvenor. Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (CS1) in Downtown Disney.

1/21 PM [Epcot]-- Princess dinner at Norway (TS1)

1/22 [Epcot - AM EMH] -- Lunch TBD (CS2); dinner at San Angel Inn (TS2)

1/23 [MGM] -- Lunch TBD (CS3); dinner at Pizza Planet (CS4)

1/24 [MK - AM EMH] -- Lunch @ Casey's OOP or with snack credits; dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS3)

1/25 [AK] -- Lunch TBD (CS5); dinner at Boma (TS4)

1/26 [MK] -- Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (TS5); by 3 head back to resort to catch DME back to the airport :( :( as we'll fly home from MCO

Comments? Suggestions? Anything you'd do differently? I should add we have DD8 and DS10. DD8 & I were just there, and we've never met Jasmine or Alice (at Norway princess dinner) and that will be her request. DD and I have been to WCC but I think DH and DS would love it so we are repeating that -- esp. since we're staying at WL. San Angel Inn is DH's request, and Boma is one I've been wanting to try!

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Isn't it fun to obess?? :angel:

I think that these look great! We loved WCC last year & will be going back this year! AND LTT is one of our "musts" every trip! Great choices!! :cooldance:

Ooohh...Boma is the other one I really want to try, but DH doesn't like exotic food & I'm thinking Boma would be too exotic for him :0( But we'll see...I really just want to see AKL!! :p

Do you ask DH for his input or do you get the look that I get that says... "Jen, I don't care it's x months away!!" ?? :rotfl:

bbangel
07-11-2007, 02:14 AM
Only thing I would suggest is to do a table service in MGM instead of LTT. Either lunch at the Sci Fi Dine in or dinner at 50's Prime Time.

For lunch at Epcot try the CS in Morocco, it was really good.

3dog2kidmom
07-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Only thing I would suggest is to do a table service in MGM instead of LTT. Either lunch at the Sci Fi Dine in or dinner at 50's Prime Time.

For lunch at Epcot try the CS in Morocco, it was really good.

Morocco is a CS I've been wanting to try so we just might do that! We've been to Sci Fi and I have no interest in 50's. We've also been to HBD and Mama Melrose. Any thoughts about H&V's dinner? I really want to try LTT though... so I think we'll be happy with CS that day. My other thought was to do a character breakfast at Beach Club on MGM day.

Jen -- DH would think something was desperately wrong if I didn't give him his "Daily Disney Update." I run things by him, the next day I tell him what's changed (lol!), ask for his opinion, etc. He sometimes mentions things he'd like to do but mostly loves it all and doesn't care. It's funny that when I asked him if he'd like to stay at WL, he said "yes - I saw it on that travel channel show and I do want to go there." I pretty much know what he really likes, and he brags that he loves going to Disney with me because I plan everything out so well :)

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
I hated H&V's dinner. The service was bad and the food was not so good. For counter service how about Germany in Epcot, Columbia Harbor House in MK, Flame Tree BBQ in AK, and no idea on MGM.

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 12:15 PM
DH & I hated H&V...and we gave it two tries. The food just wasn't that great at all. I know they've changed it into the character dinner, so that may be worth it for your kids?? I don't know.

We've done Backlot Express at MGM & it wasn't bad...your basic burgers, fries, etc. At AK I really like Flame Tree BBQ & if you want McDonalds, I think it's Donaldsaurs has it at AK!! :0)

Don't get me wrong, DH has learned to appreciate my planning & organizing regarding Disney, but he's more the "I'll talk about it when I want to talk about it" type of guy...where I'm the "IWANTTOTALKABOUTITALLTHETIME" type of girl! :0)

The Cheshire Cat
07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
I have dates picked, decided on a resort, have a budget in mind, have flights TO Florida booked, already made a car reservation, booked a night at the hotel in Clearwater, and EVEN KNOW the EMH schedule, but I still can't book our January trip since Disney has not released 2008 yet! So meanwhile, as mentioned to Magical JenK, I've been obsessing over ADRs (which I can make in 11 days!). Tell me what you think...

1/20 -- fly into Clearwater (we have a credit on USA3000 so are flying there) and order pizza to room since we get in late

1/21 -- free breakfast at hotel, drive to Orlando, arrive Wilderness Lodge and check in... drive to Downtown Disney and return the (Dollar) rental car at Grosvenor. Lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express (CS1) in Downtown Disney.

1/21 PM [Epcot]-- Princess dinner at Norway (TS1)

1/22 [Epcot - AM EMH] -- Lunch TBD (CS2); dinner at San Angel Inn (TS2)

1/23 [MGM] -- Lunch TBD (CS3); dinner at Pizza Planet (CS4)

1/24 [MK - AM EMH] -- Lunch @ Casey's OOP or with snack credits; dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS3)

1/25 [AK] -- Lunch TBD (CS5); dinner at Boma (TS4)

1/26 [MK] -- Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern (TS5); by 3 head back to resort to catch DME back to the airport :( :( as we'll fly home from MCO

Comments? Suggestions? Anything you'd do differently? I should add we have DD8 and DS10. DD8 & I were just there, and we've never met Jasmine or Alice (at Norway princess dinner) and that will be her request. DD and I have been to WCC but I think DH and DS would love it so we are repeating that -- esp. since we're staying at WL. San Angel Inn is DH's request, and Boma is one I've been wanting to try!

Planning is more then 1/2 the fun! I just love it!

I have the deluxe passporter and that is great for chucking all the tickets, confirmation, etc. into.

How about doing RFC for lunch while at AK??? We did that last time and it was a nice break!

The Cheshire Cat
07-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Morocco is a CS I've been wanting to try so we just might do that! We've been to Sci Fi and I have no interest in 50's. We've also been to HBD and Mama Melrose. Any thoughts about H&V's dinner? I really want to try LTT though... so I think we'll be happy with CS that day. My other thought was to do a character breakfast at Beach Club on MGM day.

Jen -- DH would think something was desperately wrong if I didn't give him his "Daily Disney Update." I run things by him, the next day I tell him what's changed (lol!), ask for his opinion, etc. He sometimes mentions things he'd like to do but mostly loves it all and doesn't care. It's funny that when I asked him if he'd like to stay at WL, he said "yes - I saw it on that travel channel show and I do want to go there." I pretty much know what he really likes, and he brags that he loves going to Disney with me because I plan everything out so well :)

Did the counter service in Morocco and it was really yummy - did the table service (can't remember the name off the top of my head) and it was bad! The dancers were nice but the service and food was crappy.

Also we did H&V for lunch - I know your thinking dinner but it was a buffet and it was probably the cheapest assortment of food items i've ever seen on a buffet table - make your own sandwiches with lunch meat - need I say more?

linanglab
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Don't you love planning your trip???? That definitely IS half the fun!!!

If you go to Norway, let me know how that was! We almost did it this last trip, but my boys (10 & 12)....well, I did not want to make them sit through princesses again. We went to the castle last time and the enjoyed the food, but preferred not being kissed by anymore princesses.....

We enjoyed Liberty Tree this time around. Although we could not understand what the waiter was saying. We just smiled and nodded.

Let us know the outcome!!!!

Angela