PDA

View Full Version : Post your 15 Minutes

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey guys! All this posting we did yesterday got me thinking that we needed a thread where we can hold each other accountable for what we are doing with our 15 minute intervals. For those who want to participate, lets post throughout the day what we are doing with our 15 minutes. Some ideas of things that you can do for 15 minute intervals: clean up a mess you have been avoiding, clean a bathroom, fold some laudry and put it away, take a walk, empty your dishwasher, make a bed, play with kids, read your email, read and post on the forum, play an arcade game, read a book, start dinner, get the mail and toss the junk mail, sweep the floors. This is just a few suggestions. You can choose anything you like. The kicker is that you have to do something that isn't fun for 15 minutes in between the fun stuff. So if you play the arcade for 15 minutes you have to spend 15 minutes folding clothes or cleaning bathrooms or taking a walk. Lets see if we can all motivate each other with this. It will keep us from getting impatient when nothing is happening on SR, help us get our house clean and in order, give us time with the family and help us get in shape. Let me know what you think! :sunshine2: :hugs:

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Awesome idea Janet!! I'm in!

Okay, it's 10:15....I'm off to clean bathroom #2! Be back in 15! :sunshine2:

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 10:18 AM
I will join in!! My boys can't stand it anyway when I am on the computer for a long time anyway! DS17 always reminds me I have work to get out so I will get off and he can get on. :rotfl:

So for my first 15 minutes I have sewing to get started! I can work on that throughout the day!(White karate pants are awful hard to work on with a toddler)
Lets see what I can get done today!!:p

Lydia

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Ok I am back. I made my bed, switched over some laundry, loaded and started the dishwasher and changed and fed DS3. Now Im back and having some breakfast while I catch up.

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Okay... I got delayed because DH called and DD6 needed help finding something to do. :rolleyes: But bathroom #2 is clean! :clap:

I've set my timer for 15 and I'm off to check out the sale at Just my Size. I need some unmentionables. :blush:

svwkirby
07-11-2007, 11:05 AM
It's 11:00 AM and I'm on my 15 minutes of play time. I'm checking the forums and if I finish that before my timer goes off I'll head to the arcade. After that it's 15 minutes of work, 15 minutes of housework, and then 15 minute clicking links on other programs or doing any offers here that I can find.

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok I spent the last 15 minutes scheduling dental appointments, arranging a makeup gymnastics class for DD5, clearing out my email, checking account balances and arranging bill payments. So all of the logistical things for today are done :cooldance:

bartleby1
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Well, I think it was more like 20 minutes, but I cooked Mickey waffles for my kids, emptied the dishwasher, filled the dishwasher with last night's dishes that were still in my sink:rolleyes: , emptied the dryer (all sorted and folded but needs to be put away yet), loaded the washer, and swiffered the kitchen floor. I think I need a nap!:rotfl:

Now I have 15 minutes to play on the computer and then I have to get my 3 kids ready to go food shopping.

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Ok, this is what I got done: NOT A DARN THING!!:rotfl:
I broke up 2 fights, answered the phone 100 times:confused:
And had to dig out a key to all the doors in the house(dd2 has learned to lock the doors)
Well I did gather up trash, and put some towels away!!

I will try again in another 15. Think I may set the real work aside(paying) to work on at naptime!!

mseg16222
07-11-2007, 11:26 AM
lol, i DON'T KNOW IF i COULD EVER JUST HAVE A FREE 15 MINUTES BETWEEN TH PHONE RINGING AND THE KIDS FIGHTING AND TAKING CARE OF A PARENT( THE PERSONAL CARE HOME OR HIM) SEEM TO CALL ALL THE TIME. AND AS MY HUSBAND LIES TO SAY I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB WITH VOLUNTEER WORK....... I AM WAITNG FOR THE CLEAN UP FAIRY TO COME AND HELP ME........:rotfl:

BUT I AM GOING TO TRY THIS AND SEE IF IT WILL WORK FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 11:29 AM
You have to do what works for you. If you can't do 15 minutes do 10 or even 5. 5 minutes of doing something is much better than nothing. Over time it adds up and eventually you will find that you have the time again.

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Ok, this is what I got done: NOT A DARN THING!!:rotfl:
I broke up 2 fights, answered the phone 100 times:confused:
And had to dig out a key to all the doors in the house(dd2 has learned to lock the doors)
Well I did gather up trash, and put some towels away!!

I will try again in another 15. Think I may set the real work aside(paying) to work on at naptime!!

Hang in there! We've all had days (or seasons) like that too!! :hugs:

Well, unmentionable shopping took way longer than 15 minutes.....the site was VERY slow and some things I originally wanted were out of stock. But that is done. 25% off and 5% back!! WooHoo!!!!

I also loaded and ran the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen sink and wiped the counters and did some general straightening/putting away.

So now I have "play" time until my 2 DSs get home from school in about.....any minute!!!:eek:

linanglab
07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Thanks janet for informing about this thread! Now I feel like I will get some stuff done because people are "watching" me...or should I say "reading" me!

Vaccuum is out and I am going vaccuum my family room. Then I will dust.

Angela

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok, I got alot done, but DS8 was on the puter for an hour! I got the back of the house totally done! Clothes put away(completely) bathroom floors swept and mopped!! :cooldance:
Now I need to tackle the front of the house! But we are going swimming so I will work on everything later!!
Ok, now a little vent!! My kids are driving me crazy!! Oldest DS17 WILL NOT get out of the bed, DS8 is just being a little terd today! And DD2 is into every darn thing she can reach! Plus all of DS17 friends will not stop calling! They call his cell, no answer, so then they call me! I feel sorry for the next kid that calls me because I just may snap!! :rotfl: The thing that erks me the most is that they call over and over. NonStop!
Ok, vent over!!!:rotfl:

Lydia

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Hang in there Lydia. Tell DS17 that if he doesn't get out of bed and answer his own calls you will have his cell phone turned off and his friends numbers blocked so he will have to leave the house to see or speak to them. :rotfl: Get DS8 involved in helping you around the house, I know he won't do it like you want but at least it will be done. I let DS3 put his own clothes away now. I usually have to resort the drawers when I go in there for something but at least the stuff isn't sitting on my sofa anymore. DD2 can help with the dishes. Mine help by putting all of the silverware and stuff that goes on the bottom shelves away. I also let them help clean the bathroom LOL when they come in from swimming and still have their suits on give them a bar of soap and a rag and let them climb into the bathtub and start scrubbing. They will get a kick out of that. Have a good time swimming and enjoy the time with the kids!!! :sunshine2:

faithhope
07-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Something must be in the water...
My children woke up happy and helpful... trust me ... If I knew what it was, I would bottle it and sell it for a mint... they are usually arguementative and whiny... so I'm not sure what is going on... but I woke up to the dishwasher unloaded, and the pets fed and the plants watered. :eek:

I used my 15 minutes to hang out the laundry (no dryer... no need in the desert) and starting a new load.... and loaded a few things into the dishwasher.. and started thawing meat for dinner tonight.

Just making a quick check of things here before going to make my shopping lists... and then to spend the rest of the day out and about taking kids to classes and hopefully shopping in between and getting to the library...

Can't wait to catch up on what is going on tonight...praying Tricia will soon be home safe and sound.

Faith

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
He pays his own cell phone bill. If it wasn't for the fact that I use my phone for work I would have it turned off! I dont like for clients to call me on my cell they seem to always call while we are out and about.
DS8 is pretty good about helping most of the time, but for some reason today he is just *#*@!(@*# ! He will chill once we get out and burn some energy.

Thanks for the encouragement, you know though some days these kids can just drive you bonkers!! :p

Lydia

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 12:41 PM
I absolutely know what you mean. Hang in there!!!:hugs:

linanglab
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I vacuumed, dusted and even cleaned the counter in my kitchen. I REALLY need to wash my floors. I am not a mopper, but a hands and knees kind of girl, so I always put it off. My kitchen is pretty large, so it takes awhile. BUT....I think I will mosey off and scrub my floor....

And about the kids. I babysit. The boys were picking on the girls. I shooed the boys, of which 2 are mine, off to play at the park (right down the road - they are 11 & 12) and told them to stay there until 2:00. Of course I was the mean babysitter today. I said "if you all are going to argue and fight all the time, we will sit ALL day long and do NOTHING!!!!"

But now, the boys are at the park and the girls are running through the sprinkler. It is peaceful at last!!!

Angela

svwkirby
07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm back for my next play time!:cooldance:

I got several work emails answered, lunch fixed, and laundry done and checked for any new offers to be loaded. Somehow though my 45 minutes before getting back to the forum stretched into 2 hours.

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Feeding my babies lunch now! Praying for a nap!:angel:
for her and myself!!
All that is left for me is our family room! I always put that off till last. That is where we hang and play!!

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Well....I brushed the dog (quite a job!) and then I vacuumed my living room. I'm going to play for a few minutes and then I need to tackle my kitchen counter/desk area. It's a mess. DH will be so happy if he comes home and that area is clean!

The kids are playing quietly and I only had to break up one biting incident a little while ago.

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Ok Im back. Ran to my office to take care of some stuff I needed to do so that I won't have to do it this evening when DH comes home. Going to play for 15 and then Im off to fold some more clothes and put another load on. That will be my last load because ALL OF THE CLOTHES WILL BE CLEAN :cooldance: except of course the ones on our bodies. Maybe I will try to get in the 15 of walking also. I been putting that off lately and really want to get back to doing it.

wilsonfamily4
07-11-2007, 05:48 PM
You all have been very motivating. I just got 15-20 minutes of weeding the garden in (and some suntanning in at the same time!). Now some SR then I will fold the 3 loads of laundry I have been puttin off. :) earlier I cleaned the kitchen until it sparkled.

jnorth1007
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Morning gang!!!! Put my bedding in the washer, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and folded a load of clothes. Then I am going to get my hair colored so you guys make sure your logging your minutes so I know what yall have been doing while Im gone. Have a great day!!! :sunshine2:

arob414
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
This is a great idea! Now, I don't have to feel guilty because I am constantly coming back to my computer when I should be accomplishing something. So, here goes...sorted clothes and started a load of whites (which will give my girls something to fold during their 15 minutes), made coffee, fed the stray dog, picked up...a little. After my coffee break, on to the kitchen, it needs sweeping and cleaning.

JillyFish
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Well, I've been doing more like 30-45 minutes at everything so far today, but I've gotten a lot done, I think.
I got three kids breakfast, helped get three kids dressed, cleaned up from breakfast, unloaded and reloaded dishwasher, cleaned up-high cobwebs, dusted.

I think I will stay on here until I make lunch in a few minutes. (YIKES...didn't we JUST finish breakfast??)

Then I will:

- empty trash because tomorrow is trash day
- make beds
- clean glass doors that go out to deck
- see how far behind I am on laundry! :rotfl:

Today is DDs birthday. We are not having her party until tomorrow night, so I may take the kids out for ice cream this afternoon. We'll see how lunch goes.

coastalgirl
07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Well today was library day and we had to check in on my grandparents! So I have clothes on the line and more to go out, but that is all I have got done today!:p I am slacking!!! Plus we are off to swim again(we swim everday)
Dinner is premade so that is basically done! Will mop floors if DD naps today!!

Lydia

JillyFish
07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm back! Well, I emptied the trash and made my bed. I didn't get to the doors yet, BUT.....I DID do "Super Duper Pooper Scooper" detail in the back yard! That took at LEAST 15 minutes!! Scan and scoop, scan and scoop. It's a LOVELY job! :sick: And while I'm scoopin', the DOG, as if on cue, goes again! Ugh, the NERVE!!!! :rotfl: But it's done! Yay me!! :clap:

Okay, gonna have a little play time and then will get to those doors. And then I think I feel a little 15 minute nap coming on! :snore:

Oh and I nixed the ice cream idea. It would've been fun, but we ate lunch kind of late. Plus I have brownies to stick a candle in for DD tonight at dinner.

See 'ya later!

SunshineGirl
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
For those of you who do not already get it and are big cleaners, make sure that you get the SC Johnson newsletter. They send cleaning tips and email coupons. Some of them are pretty decent.

http://rextopia.com/42/2228/14917 (http://rextopia.com/z/14917/CD2228/)

wilsonfamily4
07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay I will post everything I need to do so you can hold me accountable

Finish all laundry
Clean bedrooms
weed garden
vacuum

We leave for a small vacation tomorrow morning so I want the house to be clean when we leave. Off to do 15 minutes.

OOps I didn't submit this. I just did weeding! So 15 minutes of fun,

JillyFish
07-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Yes, I AM doing my 15 minutes today Janet!!!

We are having DD's birthday party tonight so I have a list of things to get done. Thanks to you it's not nearly as long as it could have been since I've been working on cleaning for the last two days!

:thanks:

I'm checkin' things off the list right and left!!

svwkirby
07-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I've been doing my 15 minutes today too!

For the house today I've....
folded the clean laundry that's been sitting in baskets for 2 days
started a new load of laundry
cleaned the kitchen
dusted the entire house

For work I've...
backed up most of my files
stared clients' vacation itineraries
anwered emails
made payments for clients

After this break it's back to the kitchen to unload/reload the dishwasher with lunch dishes.