PDA

View Full Version : Weight Watchers anyone?

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
I use to do it on my own. Now I'm halfway doing it. I was thinking about doing meetings or online just so that way I can be more involved in the process than before. I was comparing the prices and ww online seems to be a bit cheaper than going to meetings each week. I'm just not sure if it will be any better than what I'm doing now. Anyone have input? I know I can get rewards for doing the online version :rotfl:

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 12:40 PM
I might be willing. What are the costs associated with this and how does it work? I haven't ever done WW because I am a tell me what I can eat kinda person and not so great at measuring and figuring out numbers. Give me the rundown on how it works. :sunshine2:

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
basically there are 2 options from what i know: flex and core. Core there is no counting and measuring I don't think - you eat till you are full. Flex is your counting points and measuring stuff but I find when I'm fully on WW I know what portions look like after a few weeks of measuring out everything. I think with flex you get a target # of points per day and then 35 to spend throughout the week in addition to any exercise points you earn.

From what I can see you can either do $12/week, $40/mo, or $109 for 10 weeks to go to meetings in person (a lil pricey but we'll see how mine goes in a few minutes). Or online its $65 for 3 months then $17 each month after. Online has access to food points, restaurant points, food diaries, forums, and recipes. With Meetings you get recipes the people there decide to share and you get hard copy books of food points, restaurant points and 1 food diary.

I love the program I just need someone to be accountable to.

mseg16222
07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
i DID THE ONLINE VERSION HERE A FEW MONTHS AGO AND AM NOW DOING IT ON MY OWN. I HAVE THE BOOKS AND THE COUNTER AND JOURNAL. I AM PARTIAL TO THE FLEX PLAN. I DID IT A FEW YEARS AGO AND LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT. I WANTED SOMEONE LOCAL TO DO THIS WITH ME TO EXPERIMENT WITH FOOD BUT NO LUCK. I LOVE WW THOUGH OUT OF ALL THE DIETS OUT THERE

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Well I just got back from my meeting. My leader has a sense of humor so I liked her. I think I'm going to try the meetings for a while and then maybe switch over to online.

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 03:15 PM
I love the program I just need someone to be accountable to.

I am a WW girl too! I do go to the meetings (although lately not as often as I should) & going there TOTALLY makes me accountable. I have the monthly pass (which is $40) and if I miss a meeting (or three) I know I don't have to re-register or anything.

I'm taking my time & the scale shows it. But I know what I have to do for me you know? I've lost 30 lbs, but just steady eddie nothing more. But hey, I've kept those 30 lbs off for almost 1 year as well, so I'm not too disappointed in me.

DH & I said the Disney Diet started this week so I want to be at goal by the time we leave...just in time for free dining!! Good idea Jen! :angel: But it's honestly a great program & I very much enjoy the meetings!

Good luck!!

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. I am really motivated now to be good and do WW. I want to be lifetime so I can quit paying for meetings!!

I am kinda worried about these flex points and activity points. I'm use to winning points where you had a range and had to stay in it and if you wanted out you either banked at most 10 pts that week or you earned some activity points that day. Now they are throwing 35 "flex" points at me each week and having me target activity points. How will I ever use up all these points???

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm a bad WW'er...and this is the reason I'm clearly taking my time losing the rest of the weight...I weigh in on Saturdays. Saturdays are therefore my FREE day & I eat whatever I want. I don't track & I don't gorge myself (too bad) but there went my 35 extra points...and then some I'm sure. So I just keep to the point value I have for the rest of the week & I'm good. Like I said, it's not the most ideal way to do it, but it works for me (albeit slowly).

My mother-in-law on the other hand, has also lost 30+ lbs on WW, however she NEVER exercises & NEVER uses her 35 extra pts. Now, I'm thinking that can't be good, because once you make lifetime (a goal of mine too) you have to maintain...but it's different for everyone.

Speaking of WW, I am just biting into my afternoon 2pt snack of 100 Calorie Pack of mini hostess cupcakes...and man, are they mini! :0)

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm a bad WW'er...and this is the reason I'm clearly taking my time losing the rest of the weight...I weigh in on Saturdays. Saturdays are therefore my FREE day & I eat whatever I want. I don't track & I don't gorge myself (too bad) but there went my 35 extra points...and then some I'm sure. So I just keep to the point value I have for the rest of the week & I'm good. Like I said, it's not the most ideal way to do it, but it works for me (albeit slowly).

My mother-in-law on the other hand, has also lost 30+ lbs on WW, however she NEVER exercises & NEVER uses her 35 extra pts. Now, I'm thinking that can't be good, because once you make lifetime (a goal of mine too) you have to maintain...but it's different for everyone.

Speaking of WW, I am just biting into my afternoon 2pt snack of 100 Calorie Pack of mini hostess cupcakes...and man, are they mini! :0)

I usually give myself one free day as well so I'm thinking I'll be doing that on Fridays as normally scheduled and then that gives me till Wed to be good again and get rid of all salt and water I've retained due to Fridays.

Those mini cupcakes are so small. I like the yellow cake with chocolate icing ones. I want to get the carrot cake ones next. yumm!

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Too weird! I'm eating the yellow cake w/chocolate frosting & bought a box of carrot as well! They are good & a nice little cake fix!!

Yes, you need your Fridays to go to BBW don't you?! :0) We think the same...all admit...sometimes my free Saturdays turn into Sundays as well because...well, I have until Saturday!! :0) he he he he

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I think bww is what got me into this mess though!! I probably should lay off of them. but the nachos and the leinenkugel is sooo good.

ligrumpygirl
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I am doing WW also..slowly too...but I have to get back on. Of course I am leaving for Disney on Sunday! I am a teacher and I find it soooo easy when I am working but when I am running around at home with two kids during the summer it is hard to count.

Maybe we can keep this thread going (or open a new one) as a support group? I could use all the encouragement I can get!

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I am doing WW also..slowly too...but I have to get back on. Of course I am leaving for Disney on Sunday! I am a teacher and I find it soooo easy when I am working but when I am running around at home with two kids during the summer it is hard to count.

Maybe we can keep this thread going (or open a new one) as a support group? I could use all the encouragement I can get!

That sounds like a good idea. maybe we can see if any of the WW friendly food sites have affiliate programs like vitamuffins or la tortilla factory wraps :)

mseg16222
07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
i THINK THAT A ww THREAD WOULD BE A GOOD THING ON HERE. sINCE WE ARE ALL ON THIS SITE PROBABLY ALOT. I KNOW THAT I COULD USE SOMEONE FOR SUPPORT AND MAYBE WE COULD SHARE SO FOOD'S THAT WE FOUND THAT WE ENJOY. IT IS HARD WITH 2 DS AT HOME THAT EAT ALL DAY LONG. BUT I HAVE BEEN GOOD THIS WEEK SO FAR....AND WITH THE 35 EXTRA POINTS I ONLY USE THEM ONCE A MONTH. I DON'T LOSE THE WEIGHT AS QUICKI IF I USE THEM EVERY WEEK.

3dog2kidmom
07-11-2007, 07:28 PM
i THINK THAT A ww THREAD WOULD BE A GOOD THING ON HERE. sINCE WE ARE ALL ON THIS SITE PROBABLY ALOT. I KNOW THAT I COULD USE SOMEONE FOR SUPPORT AND MAYBE WE COULD SHARE SO FOOD'S THAT WE FOUND THAT WE ENJOY. IT IS HARD WITH 2 DS AT HOME THAT EAT ALL DAY LONG. BUT I HAVE BEEN GOOD THIS WEEK SO FAR....AND WITH THE 35 EXTRA POINTS I ONLY USE THEM ONCE A MONTH. I DON'T LOSE THE WEIGHT AS QUICKI IF I USE THEM EVERY WEEK.

I am all for a WW thread here, too. I am a life member... lost 75# with them a few years ago, but due to no exercising, life happening, and many many other excuses I have gained everything I lost back. But I know and love the program. I can't afford to pay for it right now, but would love an accountability thread!

VacationBarb
07-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Also WW lifetimer!!!!!! Lost 45 lbs. since January 06. My daughter and I both signed up at the same time. Her loss is 48 lbs. and also LT Yeah!!!!

PSL1013
07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
OK, can someone explain the new WW to me in detail, LOL! I attended meetings maybe 6 years ago or so, I have all the books, cookbooks, points calculator etc. but has it changed so much that I can't use these things anymore? Has the points value of the foods changed. I know the range of points you get has changed, how would you find out without joining online/meetings? I think I might join online but would like to check all these things out before signing up, I would hate to have to purchase all these books all over again. :confused: Pam

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Well now they have flex and core plans. Flex is the old points way of doing things and core is more like a raw diet with a few points per week to eat some processed foods (treats to you or I).

Basically the points for food are the same but now they determine your points per day based on your age, weight, what kind of job you do, height, and sex. So then you get your target points per day. On top of that you still earn activity points (point values same as before) and you get 35 "flex" points to use anytime during the week.

check out www.dwlz.com for more info on the weight watchers plan. I'd advise going to the message boards portion if you need help. Otherwise if its still the same as 6 years ago (I think it basically is - that was Winning Points back then right?) then you are more than welcome to either post or pm me with your info and I can calculate your points per day. I don't think we are technically allowed to post the formula online otherwise I'd do that for everyone.

PSL1013
07-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks, I think I have that flex and core paperwork someplace? I'm going to look and see if I have that and if I don't I will send you a PM, your info was a big help! :)

speechteachri
07-25-2007, 06:50 PM
I have been doing WW since January with a group of teachers at the school I work at. I have lost a total of 27 lbs, which was 2 pounds less than my goal. I feel great! I am now a lifetime member, and after I lose the extra pounds I gained on my vacation (see my other thread) I will be maintaining.

I have to get weighed in and go to a meeting this week.