PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Photosession

ligrumpygirl
08-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Here are only a few of our pictures from our photosession in July...

The biggest obstibles we had - a 20 month old who hate to sit still and a 7 yr old daughter who blinks/squints in every picture! We had over 100 pictures taken...some really nice ones of DH and I seperately and together. The ones of the kids came out nice considering the obsticles!

Would I do it for $50 next year? Not sure..but I think so. Last year, I hired an amazing local photographer who does a lot of Disney bridal photos. I LOVED his pictures but it cost me $400 (I think). So if it cost me $50 to get yearly family photos, so be it!

PS I decided to do this last minute...so no matching outfits. I did that last year...all wore shades of blue shirts and khakis. I recommend that...not matching EXACTLY but wearing the same colors.

SORRY SO BIG! PHOTOBUCKET WON'T MAKE THEM SMALLER EVEN THOUGH I CHANGED THEM! WILL KEEP WORKING ON IT!

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/image488.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/image525.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/image509.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/image565.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/image533.jpg

Hedy
08-27-2008, 09:31 PM
Jack is becoming quite the little man! I like the one of Emily by the post.

ligrumpygirl
08-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Thank you, Hedy! I liked the post one too...the photographer actually got good pictures of me by the post too ( AND I HATE PICTURES OF ME!) but I won't post them.

Another point...get the kids' hair cut BEFORE photo session!

Sunni
08-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Jack and Emily look adorable. You look so happy. I think all the pictures look great. I agree with Heather about Emily by post. What great memories for you all.

pbhall13
08-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Janet.....

the pictures came out so nice!! I was thinking of doing this at Poly in November, but the price increase seeems to be more that and extra $25. On the DIS they are say it that it is $75 and then another extra if you want it on you photopass CD.

Not sure that I want to spend that on top of photopass........although...you are right that is not such a bad price since you did pay $400 for the other photographer.

Pamela

ligrumpygirl
08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Pam,

I would double check on that pricing. I prepaid my photopass for $99 and then $25 (now 50) for the session. They put all my pictures on my photopass..no extra cost.

Give Photopass a call. Where are you staying?? I got the run around while I was AT Disney because the "main desk" at SSR (which is not even AT SSR!) told me there was no desk at the resort. Apparently every resort has a photopass desk.

I may have the number somewhere...let me know.

askomsky
08-28-2008, 12:11 AM
Oh Janet they are gorgeous! And Jack does look like a little man! Too cute. I agree Emily looks so sweet standing near the post. I think it was definitely worth it!

Magical JenK
08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Oh I love them! I think they turned out really nice! I was planning on doing this w/the fam in December, but not sure if DSIL will go for the price increase or not. She may. Still have to figure out when to fit it into our schedules though.

I know the big question over on the dis is what time your session was at. Since mine is in December I'm leaning towards afternoon sometime since the sun won't be as strong!

Thanks for posting Janet!

Anna
08-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Your pictures turned out great! Your children are adorable! :)

ligrumpygirl
08-28-2008, 07:45 AM
Oh I love them! I think they turned out really nice! I was planning on doing this w/the fam in December, but not sure if DSIL will go for the price increase or not. She may. Still have to figure out when to fit it into our schedules though.

I know the big question over on the dis is what time your session was at. Since mine is in December I'm leaning towards afternoon sometime since the sun won't be as strong!

Thanks for posting Janet!

My appointment was at 3:30 on a Sunday. I believe I had the last appointment that day - maybe because it was a Sunday? It WAS sunny...but I don't think you can really avoid the sun in Florida! Unless you are an expert of where the sun is at all times...it is a gamble because you don't know exactly where they are going to take you. My photographer wanted to take us out longer to a part of SSR that was a little further away but the kids were "done" at that point.

linanglab
08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Oh Janet! I just love the family pic and the one of your kids. I really want to do this next year when we go. I know my kids won't be too fond of the idea. They already get irritated with me for taking so many pics at WDW. If I do it the first day or 2, then maybe they won't complain too much!

The price isn't too bad considering the amount of pics that you actually OWN. But again....it is another cost added into it all.

Thanks for sharing Janet!

3dog2kidmom
08-28-2008, 08:18 AM
I love your pictures, too, Janet!!! Maybe we will do that someday.

jenvance
08-28-2008, 09:51 AM
I love your pictures. They turned out great. We had scheduled to do that last year, but DS had a fever. So we decided not to go. We want to try again next year though. Our favorite part about going to Disney is getting our picture taken together as a family.

disney_girl
08-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Great pictures Janet!! Love seeing "home"- can't wait to be back there in a little over a month.

I think we're still going to do this...I have a few weeks before I can book. I would be happy at SSR since that's our home, but I think DH wants GF as that's the first place we ever stayed...so have some thinking to do!